Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

While not tameable according to wowhead, there is a spectral horse model ingame.
https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=466 ... d-stallion
Coursers deserve an undead model too.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I hope someday we can have yetis as pets, they are more bestial than humanoid tbf, I also hope those rock elemental gorilla things become tameable, they’re referred to as “earth fury” and they would be a great fit in shale beast
D7CC88DE-75DD-4FDC-A0D2-F9AE49C7E02F.jpeg
D7CC88DE-75DD-4FDC-A0D2-F9AE49C7E02F.jpeg (7.54 KiB) Viewed 4190 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

worgpower wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:50 pm I hope someday we can have yetis as pets, they are more bestial than humanoid tbf, I also hope those rock elemental gorilla things become tameable, they’re referred to as “earth fury” and they would be a great fit in shale beastD7CC88DE-75DD-4FDC-A0D2-F9AE49C7E02F.jpeg
The Yetis are actually sentient. They are incapable of speaking Common, but they were shown in a recent book that they are quite intelligent and give one another names.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Qraljar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:23 pm Pic of the greater Gorm issue.

On a similar note:
Some artist broke the poor Phalynxes with this build. Not sure how they did it, but the UV coords look messed up and it almost seems like there's a second (organic/furry) cat merged into the Phalynx mesh)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I'm with worgpower in regards to yetis. They may be intelligent, but as we've seen, this is disregarded at times with some creatures that we can already tame. Cloud serpents being a recent example, but also various beasts such as Hati. We can also tame the "smart" gorillas in Zuldazar, even though they lose their intelligence (and sweet hats) when tamed. Then there's the fact we can tame robotic animals, including ones that are fully capable of speech and proper conversation. There's no implications nor harm in regards to taming those, so there's nothing wrong with taming gorilas that have horns. Let's also not forget that the old Azeroth raptors are all intelligent. They're tribal and wear jewelry, yet we can tame them.

As for those poor, broken models; yikes. Phalynxes look absolutely horrendous right now. Hope that gets fixed before release.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Qraljar wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:05 pm
Qraljar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:23 pm Pic of the greater Gorm issue.

On a similar note:
Some artist broke the poor Phalynxes with this build. Not sure how they did it, but the UV coords look messed up and it almost seems like there's a second (organic/furry) cat merged into the Phalynx mesh)
Looks like Druids managed to hack the phalynxes
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:20 pm I'm with worgpower in regards to yetis. They may be intelligent, but as we've seen, this is disregarded at times with some creatures that we can already tame. Cloud serpents being a recent example, but also various beasts such as Hati. We can also tame the "smart" gorillas in Zuldazar, even though they lose their intelligence (and sweet hats) when tamed. Then there's the fact we can tame robotic animals, including ones that are fully capable of speech and proper conversation. There's no implications nor harm in regards to taming those, so there's nothing wrong with taming gorilas that have horns. Let's also not forget that the old Azeroth raptors are all intelligent. They're tribal and wear jewelry, yet we can tame them.

As for those poor, broken models; yikes. Phalynxes look absolutely horrendous right now. Hope that gets fixed before release.
As far as we are aware, Hati is not sentient. Very intelligent, but not sentient. Most of the mechs are just robots with intelligences a bit higher than animals. The only known sentient one that I can recall is the mechanostrider in Gnomeregan and it asks to be tamed. The raptors are very intelligent, but there isn’t any indication that they are sentient outside of a few exception, individual cases.

I do agree regarding the gorillas. That being said, where is the line drawn? If sentience doesn’t matter, then should we make Hozen tamable just because someone wants them? Kobolds? Jinyu? Tauren? Dragons? Just because there are past exceptions doesn’t mean that such things should become the norm.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I think we should continue the sapience discussion in a Pet Discussion thread, but I'll drop my comment here this time. Don't want to spam the thread any more than we already have, after all!
EDIT: Made a thread for the discussion here. Let's avoid posting more in this thread as to keep the thread on topic.

The line can be drawn by civilization. Yes, yetis and the raptors I mentioned have tribes and families and such, but they aren't civilized in the same regard as the others you mentioned. Hozen and Kobolds are arguably civilized since they're dumb as bricks and live with other races like destructive parasites, but the others are civilized to the point of being standalone powers. Hozen live alongside the Jinyu, though with some hostilities, and Tauren live among so many other civilized races as equals. Hell, Tauren are probably the most neutral race since they've been friendly with Alliance outside of plot reasons. Some dragons live among the smaller races as equals as well, but they definitely have their own civilization, culture, and so on based on their various breeds' lifestyles. Taming any of them would be ethically wrong since that's almost exactly like slavery. Ignoring that we can literally tame some dragons now (including intelligent ones capable of speech), of course. It'd make sense if you could call on a druid's aid, or fight alongside a young drake to eventually help it grow into a powerful dragon after your immortal character eventually passes on. The others? That's calling in party members.

Yetis and raptors, while having shown signs of intelligence and companionship, are no higher than the gorillas we have in real life. Sure, keeping gorillas caged is pretty messed up outside of conservation efforts, but they're intelligent and have shown they can bond with humans, just like any animal that's treated with respect, kindness, and so on. Yetis are, by all means, slightly smarter great apes (or whatever they're closer to. They look like gorillas to me, at least).
Kaydia
Pet Finder

Unread post by Kaydia »

Nalak is also Tameable. Huolon and Nalak both keep their lightning effect and their names when tamed, and only have smoke coming from their nostrils when moving, not when idle/standing still. Regular Cloud Serpents always have a trail of smoke.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_080720_142555.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080720_142555.jpg (310.22 KiB) Viewed 4102 times
WoWScrnShot_080720_142800.jpg
WoWScrnShot_080720_142800.jpg (234.75 KiB) Viewed 4102 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Merektha, thanks to Veph's help and prompting :)

Merektha1.png
Merektha1.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 4057 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I'm glad that the best cobra skin is tameable. Shame it's still cunning, but it's the best cobra regardless.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nice find, Wain! :D

Rotdust Bat is now tamable.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Battlesewn Roc is tamable.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Bloodskin Tauralus is now tamable and uses the previously unused dark red variant. Some still have the green variant.

Furious Alphahoof is tamable.

Neonate Bonetooth is tamable.

Galescream Elder has been added, is tamable, and uses the Dark Brown Death Chimaera variant. Found above The Spearhead and the House of Plagues.
Last edited by Valnaaros on Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Keep me coming, I like to see more tameable toggles, this xpac has a bigger taming pass than 8.1 and 8.3 together, I hope Blizz completes the taming pass for all beasts before release, unlike BFA which limited too much during the beginning of the xpac, I guess your idea in the bugs/suggestion forums were taken to beasts
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Satiated Sawtooth has been added and is tamable. It uses the previously unused Purple Death Chimaera w/ Horns. It retains its name. It can also spawn with the Purple Death Chimaera variant. Found at The Spearhead.

Last edited by Valnaaros on Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:44 pm The Satiated Sawtooth has been added and is tamable. It uses the previously unused Purple Death Chimaera w/ Horns. It retains its name. It can also spawn with the Purple Death Chimaera variant.

Sweet, I hope there will be a black or white with horns, because those 2 are my favorite, marrowmaw used to have horns but now hornless
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

This is the best news ever. I don't even know what to say, I'm blown away at how many things we've waited for years to become tamable have just *poof* like that, become available. I'll probably resub for these new creatures alone, regardless of how good Shadowlands turns out to be.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Tahonta is now tamable. Uses the previously unused Black Tauralus w/ teal eyes variant. Retains her name.

Galescreamer Pup has been added and is tamable. Uses the Dark Brown Death Chimaera variant.

Ravenous Galescreamer has been added and is tamable. Uses the Dark Brown Death Chimaera variant.

Pesticide has been added and is tamable. Is a rare in the Valley of a Thousand Legs. Retains it name. Uses the Brown w/ Yellow Spots Beetle.

Virulent Pest is tamable. Found in the Valley of a Thousand Legs. Uses the Green w/ Blue Spots and the Teal w/ Green Spots Beetles.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Diseased Galescreamer has been added and is tamable. Uses the previously unused Green Death Chimaera w/ Horns and w/o Horns variants. Found above the House of Plagues and Glutharn's Decay.

Last edited by Valnaaros on Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.