Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Kaydia
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Kaydia »

Aaralyn wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:38 am nvm i realized there is a lookalike of Alani
https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=649 ... u#comments
Yes, but it is not tameable. I submitted a bug report for it just in case it got missed.
Aaralyn
Realm: Burning Legion

Unread post by Aaralyn »

Oh, bummer then

So there is no thundering red and no any gold (non thundering, celestial, non celestial) serpent either?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

So uh...I found my sky shards, but Alani flew up and away when I tried to tame it. It just gives you the mount and peaces out. It's not supposed to do that, right?

EDIT: Turns out that's intended. Well,unless you have hilarious haste, you aren't going to tame Alani either.
Aaralyn
Realm: Burning Legion

Unread post by Aaralyn »

Did you try bloodlust?
Yikes :<
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:18 am
EDIT: Side note, but I hate how legion content is just as deadly as BfA content on PTR. Trivial enemies shouldn't hit that hard.
This irked me too. Went to do Val'sharah stuff in order to test tameability yesterday and found that Legion questing mobs, while not a super big danger, took an excessive amount of time to kill compared to live. Especially elites and quest mobs. It's really going to suck if Blizzard doesn't hold up their end of the "we promise that the squish/scaling won't affect player power," promise, and a lot of stuff will become far, far more tedious.

Especially considering the target cap thing they added to almost everything in Shadowlands just to curb AoE in contemporary mythic+.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:18 am Call Pet 2 happens at level 10. It's just not shown in the book.

EDIT: Side note, but I hate how legion content is just as deadly as BfA content on PTR. Trivial enemies shouldn't hit that hard. Nighthold scorpions, as expected, are also suffering from beast lore and tame beast giving conflicting messages.
I still remember going to legion after draenor during BFA and draenor mobs hit much harder and had more health than legion mobs
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

worgpower wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:22 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:18 am Call Pet 2 happens at level 10. It's just not shown in the book.

EDIT: Side note, but I hate how legion content is just as deadly as BfA content on PTR. Trivial enemies shouldn't hit that hard. Nighthold scorpions, as expected, are also suffering from beast lore and tame beast giving conflicting messages.
I still remember going to legion after draenor during BFA and draenor mobs hit much harder and had more health than legion mobs
Took me 22 secs to kill a Legion mob in Val'sharah. :|
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Qraljar wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:31 am
worgpower wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:22 am

Took me 22 secs to kill a Legion mob in Val'sharah. :|
That’s crazy
Veronika

Unread post by Veronika »

I actually managed to get onto the PTR today, I guess it wasn’t the full 19.5 gigs because if it truly was it wouldn’t have finished today at that speed. I was on for like 2 hours, so Tsulong his color not my cup of tea as a pet, horses the 1 color ones were apparently my favourite, rams with their new run animation hell yes!, all rare pets I came across in the old world keep their names, I’ve been awful with naming lately so that’s actually really good.

Giraffe nope, snake yep, Exile’s Reach bird from quest is also a new color I believe unless I just never noticed it before totally possible, I did mess up the quest though and couldn’t finish it, even after disbanding and taking it up again. Loyal Gorger mount, never seen that one in my life and I am on top of every new mount in SL so no idea how I missed it, looks awesome and unique.

Oddly my mind went white and can’t remember what else I did lol, I’m really tired though so that’s probably why was just running around half dead for the most part, eyes were burning and all that.

Hoping to use the PTR as a means to find which colors I prefer, so it won’t take me too long to get them all once pre patch hits. Since I absolutely hated the demon horse in the keep, I can pretty much save time going there and go after other pets instead.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I hope all this lag and disconnection with logging back in, “character not found” get fixed, cuz I get that a lot whenever I go to a zone and get killed by 500 zombies, but I still had so much fun running around with druids with my pet on Eyes of The beast, I haven’t even tried any class yet, I’ll show you all what I tamed soon
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Shadowlands Beta Screenshots

I finally got access and edited all the screenshots, im sorry if theyre blurry, its my first time screenshotting in wow, heres some of my prepatch tames, and tried to avoid the zombie pandemics in org, and idk why, the pets always look at me, even when i dont target them

Heres my foggy and Skeletal Hellhound, they match pretty well
WoWScrnShot_081120_182208.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081120_182208.jpg (71.46 KiB) Viewed 3735 times
Heres Fenri and my hydra, they are 3 headed buddies
WoWScrnShot_081120_182305.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081120_182305.jpg (129.43 KiB) Viewed 3735 times
Here is 2 Fictional characters from The theater and TV
WoWScrnShot_081120_195206.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081120_195206.jpg (100.78 KiB) Viewed 3735 times
Heres my 2 Shaggy hoof buddies
WoWScrnShot_081120_195933.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081120_195933.jpg (74.17 KiB) Viewed 3735 times
Tamed a fake Rezan in Nazmir, he seems to connect with Thok the most
WoWScrnShot_081120_200040.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081120_200040.jpg (83.32 KiB) Viewed 3735 times
Heres my Skeleton Dinosaurs, They Crackle and Laugh together
WoWScrnShot_081120_200208.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081120_200208.jpg (94.88 KiB) Viewed 3735 times
The Gyreworm is clearly taller than a tamed Giraffe
WoWScrnShot_081220_090244.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081220_090244.jpg (107.7 KiB) Viewed 3735 times
Couldnt tame a red aqir so i got a purple, and i finally have a flaming horse
WoWScrnShot_081220_090332.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081220_090332.jpg (89.03 KiB) Viewed 3735 times
Nalak and Shassera are dating
WoWScrnShot_081220_102332.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081220_102332.jpg (101.95 KiB) Viewed 3729 times
Race Changed from undead to pandaren, then a race i want and they all still get summoned, SL is the best Xpac for hunter pets, even though were missing many, thanks Blizz for making my hunter dreams come true
Last edited by worgpower on Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zetsoban

Unread post by Zetsoban »

I posted my PTR find here, it's a new skin coming with the pre-patch. Should I just post it here instead? Working on Sethe now.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=26306
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Zetsoban wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:31 pm I posted my PTR find here, it's a new skin coming with the pre-patch. Should I just post it here instead? Working on Sethe now.

You can post it either way, this is a thread for pets and beasts alone
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I just found out on PTR that animal companion pets don’t fly, and my flying rylak which was an icewing also got patched, and I’m so sad, the flight was the only reason I tamed that specific npc, irewing also lost its flight
Goblinoid

Unread post by Goblinoid »

worgpower wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:30 pm I just found out on PTR that animal companion pets don’t fly, and my flying rylak which was an icewing also got patched, and I’m so sad, the flight was the only reason I tamed that specific npc, irewing also lost its flight
Try re-taming the originals as they fly. I leaned most companions stay grounded if you tame them grounded and vice versa.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Goblinoid wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:06 pm
worgpower wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:30 pm I just found out on PTR that animal companion pets don’t fly, and my flying rylak which was an icewing also got patched, and I’m so sad, the flight was the only reason I tamed that specific npc, irewing also lost its flight
Try re-taming the originals as they fly. I leaned most companions stay grounded if you tame them grounded and vice versa.
I’ll try once the PTR servers are not full, and the Icewing rylak flies even before i tame it
Zetsoban

Unread post by Zetsoban »

worgpower wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:45 pm
Zetsoban wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:31 pm I posted my PTR find here, it's a new skin coming with the pre-patch. Should I just post it here instead? Working on Sethe now.

You can post it either way, this is a thread for pets and beasts alone
Well then, here is Sethe his son, Rasthe. He remains transparent, I tamed a Sethekk Wind Serpent in Spires of Arakk for comparison. He also does not retain his name, I reported this as a bug. Both can be added to Petopia, I didn't see them there.

I tried taming Sethe, he is unattackle though. In the quest to fight him, you face Anzu. Even if Anzu dies, Sethe remains unfriendly and unattackable.

On a side note, I hope they add the taming book for undead in the pre-patch. My troll main needs this voodoo!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_081320_000849.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081320_000849.jpg (334.7 KiB) Viewed 3575 times
abellemorte

Unread post by abellemorte »

On my Ray today and noticed Nether Shock was missing. Just started Beta-ing, and haven’t had a chance to look into this much. Something new?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Wowhead often has conflicting info, so it's worth checking. Anyone with time on their hands mind checking is on PTR and/or Beta? Right now it's an abberation, but things aren't always as they seem right now.
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=84833/sangrikass
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere. In Exile's Reach, the quest "Meredy Huntswell rescued" spawns a beast called Bloodbeak. Its tameable currently, but taming it hard bugs the quest for everyone. A couple people have hit this quest and can't progress, its been about 15 minutes since taming.

Edit: I abandoned bloodbeak and the quest, and the event reset. Abandoning quest alone didn't despawn it, the event only despawned after I abandoned pet and quest. Odd.

Edit 2: I picked the quest back up, event respawned bugged again. Abandon quest, event despawned.