Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

October 27th is when SL will launch! So the pre-patch will be around September 27th
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yay finally!!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Thank god BFA will be over, I had fun in the beginning, but got bored over time as I played, causing me to take breaks and miss out on content, when SL releases, it will be so much fun, I love all the unpruning, and their systems look wonderful, best of all, I’m maining a hunter just because of all the awesome beasts we can collect in Shadowlands, a dream come true
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Me, who still needs 2.5m gold to get the Brutosaur: *sweating*
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'm panicking because of two things; my plant hydras are still not tameable, and that exotic beast level issue is still a thing. Some good news though on the latter part; I was getting 3% exp while rested when plucking herbs and mining on ptr last night with my level 65 (live) Pandaren. It appears that the exp gain isn't tremendously awful anymore from herbing/mining above your intended level range, so getting my Guardian of the Elders with its name isn't as horrible a challenge. It's still nearly max level for an ability that is the spec's only identity like Fury warriors' Titan Grip or Warlock's Fel Guard, but it's still something!

For real though, why hasn't the level been fixed for exotic beasts yet? It's taking too long, and I genuinely don't want to become a Doubleagent copycat just for a pet that I will literally never use aside from novelty :(
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:42 pm I'm panicking because of two things; my plant hydras are still not tameable, and that exotic beast level issue is still a thing. Some good news though on the latter part; I was getting 3% exp while rested when plucking herbs and mining on ptr last night with my level 65 (live) Pandaren. It appears that the exp gain isn't tremendously awful anymore from herbing/mining above your intended level range, so getting my Guardian of the Elders with its name isn't as horrible a challenge. It's still nearly max level for an ability that is the spec's only identity like Fury warriors' Titan Grip or Warlock's Fel Guard, but it's still something!

For real though, why hasn't the level been fixed for exotic beasts yet? It's taking too long, and I genuinely don't want to become a Doubleagent copycat just for a pet that I will literally never use aside from novelty :(
I hope Blizz does change that, I don’t like it when people grind and love to collect, this change makes people’s leveling for pets meaningless, I hope Blizz fixes it, I don’t want to see my fellow hunters suffer, and I hope everyone gets their brutosaur
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:21 pm Weren't those already tameable? At least on PTR, they were when I tried it unless I'm having a brain malfunction. As for the goats and porcupines, they were up there before, just not as numerous as prior to the quillboars.
Ah. It's been a while since I last checked beta, last time I did, bloodbeak and the wolves were flagged humanoids. >_<

Tamed Boar is also tameable and uses the Black Draenor Boar skin.

Also maybe worth noting that after a while the Abandoned Camp and Murloc Hideaway will phase out, making the Albatrosses unavailable, so if you're weird like me and wanna tame every single pet on Exile's Reach, I'd recommend that for the first tame since porcupines, eagles, and goats are all available after.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Interesting... from the beta, they've fixed the issues with the Marsh Gulpers/Bufo being missized, but not the direhorns. They probably had to individually change the models I suppose.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Gonna miss the tiny toads, but I'm happy my dinocow is still wonderfully tiny.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

I'm Worried. This speaking purely as a SV hunter, with a focus on solo content.

If we don't see some sort of changes soon. I think this expansion, will just be BFA 2.0 for me.
I can't even use any of the cool pets practically etc etc.

I may even just switch to my arms warrior and carry lots of pet biscuits.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

DannyGreen wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:54 am I'm Worried. This speaking purely as a SV hunter, with a focus on solo content.

If we don't see some sort of changes soon. I think this expansion, will just be BFA 2.0 for me.
I can't even use any of the cool pets practically etc etc.

I may even just switch to my arms warrior and carry lots of pet biscuits.
Shadowlands has a variety of pets that won’t be exotic, I know many pets that are super cool are exotic, but we got new beasts that are eye catching but usable on survival, a tauralus is awesome, I’ve never seen anything in wow with 2 tails, and I have made a SV hunter to keep an undead theme, it sucks i can’t tame exotics, but I’ll be happy to tame what I can since shadowlands opens up for undead hunters, and all hunters alike, but I understand how you feel, and SL has the best hunter pets in my opinion
Dannihilate

Unread post by Dannihilate »

I'm new to the Petopia forums, so I'm not sure if this is the pace to post this, but has anyone else noticed that Blood of the Rhino is missing from Clefthooves in the beta? I'm not sure if it's a bug, or a patch-note that I missed somewhere, but at least as of the update this week, it's nowhere to be found. I've checked the clefthooves I already had tamed as well as tamed some new ones, and none of them have it. I hope it's not gone, as it made for an amazingly beefy pet for leveling.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Dannihilate wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:27 am I'm new to the Petopia forums, so I'm not sure if this is the pace to post this, but has anyone else noticed that Blood of the Rhino is missing from Clefthooves in the beta? I'm not sure if it's a bug, or a patch-note that I missed somewhere, but at least as of the update this week, it's nowhere to be found. I've checked the clefthooves I already had tamed as well as tamed some new ones, and none of them have it. I hope it's not gone, as it made for an amazingly beefy pet for leveling.

First things first, welcome to the forums!

Second, I noticed this as well. Seems other Exotic families have their Exotic ability, but Clefthoof is missing theirs. I assume a bug, and has been reported as such.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Quiv wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:53 pm
Dannihilate wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:27 am I'm new to the Petopia forums, so I'm not sure if this is the pace to post this, but has anyone else noticed that Blood of the Rhino is missing from Clefthooves in the beta? I'm not sure if it's a bug, or a patch-note that I missed somewhere, but at least as of the update this week, it's nowhere to be found. I've checked the clefthooves I already had tamed as well as tamed some new ones, and none of them have it. I hope it's not gone, as it made for an amazingly beefy pet for leveling.

First things first, welcome to the forums!

Second, I noticed this as well. Seems other Exotic families have their Exotic ability, but Clefthoof is missing theirs. I assume a bug, and has been reported as such.
Spirit beasts and the other purge pets need a new ability, it’s strange how the clefthoof special is not there atm, hopefully it will return, and hopefully those purge pets will get a new special or they will be useless, except for spirit beasts
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The purge ability will be returned soon. Apparently a bug removed it. So Hunters will soon have two purges.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I was reading that Elegon would be tamable as a spirit beast and Cloud serpents tamable in the serpent family?
is...is that true??

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Veronika

Unread post by Veronika »

I think the reason they came up with the bulls was due to the Chinese New Year as we know they give us mounts based on each new animal, I thought about this long before the bulls were even a thing and wondered what Blizz’s type would look like and there it was and it was very cool. After all the bull is the next animal, I think other than that they have general models for the other animals. Okay so I looked it up and yeah, they also use the word Ox not bull but the image looks like a miniature Tauren so close enough.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I hadn’t checked, but I thought someone reported the Clefthoof ability had returned. I guess not :/ I’ll add it to the bug list.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dannihilate

Unread post by Dannihilate »

Quiv wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:53 pm First things first, welcome to the forums!

Thanks! Long time visitor to the site, just never made a forum account.

Also noticed that they updated the visual effect for the Stomp talent. Looks more like an impact on the ground now, instead of the old blue-flash from Thunderstomp.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So, just to recap:
- Clefthooves are missing their exotic ability on beta
- All pet families that have a purge/dispel ability are going to become redundant because hunters will be able to do it anyway.

Is that correct? If so, what ability, that is on a par with the other non-exotic abilities, might be given to replace it? The list is of existing ability types is here:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/abilities.php
What stands out as missing, and fits with the nature of the families involved, i.e. moth, sporebat, bat, water strider, ray, crane, spirit beast, stag. Something slightly magical seems most fitting to this group. Or a group interrupt, similar to stomp?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.