Significant Stable Slot upgrade incoming

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Significant Stable Slot upgrade incoming

Unread post by Maizou »

I'm not gonna complain. It'll probably take me 2-3 expansions to fill up, if I even fill up at that point. Provided my computer continues to run this.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Vephriel wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:15 am For me this feels like the equivalent of being gifted a grand mansion when all I really need is a small room. :lol:
(Looks at my 1 single filled stable page) .... Yeah, same here. :lol: I think I'll do with it exactly as I'd do with a mansion, keep the entire thing completely empty except for my minuscule living quarters and feel good about how clean it is!

Really happy for the collectors out there, though. I know there are a lot of hunters who love taming all the big new rares, and this'll give people that chance without sacrificing pets feeling like unique creatures (which I know was a big argument against the "wardrobe" version of a stable upgrade).

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I 100% welcome this change. I have most of my current stable filled, and frequently swap out my Animal Companion pet, so have that many more to choose from will be awesome. I will admit having 200 pets doesn't really feel like more as long as the family/spec abilities are inflexible. I feel like I cant run the pets I think are the coolest because the content I happen to be running decides what pet families I can actually use. That feels bad no matter how its sliced, but its neither here nor there for this thread.

What I really want to know is the stable UI being considered for review? Don't get me wrong, I currently use the addon "Improved Stable Frame" to get around it. However such an awesome change bringing us to 20 pages really just highlights how plain and unwieldy that base UI really is. (screenshot from wowhead)

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quiv wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:11 pm I will admit having 200 pets doesn't really feel like more as long as the family/spec abilities are inflexible. I feel like I cant run the pets I think are the coolest because the content I happen to be running decides what pet families I can actually use. That feels bad no matter how its sliced, but its neither here nor there for this thread.
I'm hoping this will be addressed for 9.0. No word on that yet, though.
Quiv wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:11 pm What I really want to know is the stable UI being considered for review? Don't get me wrong, I currently use the addon "Improved Stable Frame" to get around it. However such an awesome change bringing us to 20 pages really just highlights how plain and unwieldy that base UI really is.
I believe (but am not 100% certain) they will, but it isn't likely for 9.0. It's still quite possible for Shadowlands, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Whoa I wasn't expecting it to go up by THAT much! This is great! I just hope that the Improved Stable Frame addon gets updated to work with it. I've been using it for awhile because it was annoying to me to flip through 6 pages of pets, I can't imagine doing that with 20 pages. Or maybe Blizzard should just update the stable window to work like the addon instead, because honestly it really does need an upgrade after all these years.
ImageImage
Valariel
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Valariel »

I would like to have a glyph for random Animal Companion Pet!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

That sounds neat, i think there should be a AC slot added to the UI, that way we can store another slot rather than keeping it empty
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I want a glyph so I can have a duplicate of my current pet. That way, I can free one of my OOX slots, AND have double baby direhorns.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Yeah, we need that, but the only thing we can’t to is change the pets name
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

GormanGhaste wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:01 pm Based on that wording, I'm guessing 80 or 100 total stable slots.
This makes me so incredibly happy.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Noguchi »

GormanGhaste wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:04 pm They surprised me again--I'm gonna have to re-tame my beetle rainbow! :) Seriously though, I don't think there's any way even I can tame that many.

...wait, does this mean someone can actually tame every cat in the game? haha!
I sort of already had done that with one of my hunters. Although some cats im not worried about i was trying to go for more of the unique looks but again at some point as the expansions increased i had to cut some loose because of lack of space. Now, that wont be a problem at all.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

I'm very grateful that I will no longer have the act like the head coach of an NFL (National Football League for non-American friends) and cut existing pets to make room for a new one I really like. I don't know what I will want to tame yet or go back in tame, but that's a good problem to have. Now, if only they'd add a "Sort by Pet Family" button so I can find my pets quicker and easier...
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Sigrah wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:39 pmNow, if only they'd add a "Sort by Pet Family" button so I can find my pets quicker and easier...
That's actually how I have my stable organized, by family. I have to keep at least one empty slot so it stays tidy, but that shouldn't be a problem next expansion!
Lamiara
Realm: EU- Moonglade, Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Lamiara »

Who on Earth needs so many stable slots?
How can any of your pets possibly matter to you when you have 200 of them.

That's like iRL, when a person has one cat or dog they love dearly, and someone else hoards 50 and doesn't even notice when one of them goes missing.

too bad pet leveling and training is gone. I'd like to see someone "collecting" that many pets with such a system in place^^
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Yeah, chances are I'll still only ever use my spirit beasts, Pit Beast, and Krush. But I've had to release some looks I REALLY like because they're "common" to make room for rare ones an entire page of my stables is rare spirit beasts. It sucks. >_<

I'm not "bonding" with any of them, even tames I have fond memories of. This is a video game and not at all comparable to animal abuse IRL. .-.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Back when we would show our stables as a grid for the upcoming expansion (a thing of the past now I think, with 200 slots), once we got to 50 slots very few people came close to filling all of them. I have empty spaces now. With 200, I'll probably go back and tame a beetle rainbow again (all the beetles!) and one of every spider model. More moths? I really have no idea what to do with all that space.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Noguchi »

Lamiara wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:02 pm Who on Earth needs so many stable slots?
How can any of your pets possibly matter to you when you have 200 of them.

That's like iRL, when a person has one cat or dog they love dearly, and someone else hoards 50 and doesn't even notice when one of them goes missing.

too bad pet leveling and training is gone. I'd like to see someone "collecting" that many pets with such a system in place^^
not sure if i will fill up 200 slots but i am a collector of rares and unique looks.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

They could make a dire beast glyph that only used pets from the last 50, so you could customize it instead of having a new dire beast glyph for different animal types. Put most of your mechanicals near the end, and you're a tinker. Fill it with dinos and you're a dinomancer. etc

Also, didn't stampede used to use your stabled pets? I guess for whatever reason they changed it would mean they wouldn't do a glyph for stampede from your last 50 pets. unless they come up with another way to fix whatever they changed it for. I'm assuming the lag spikes of having a bunch of hunters spawn in a bunch of different pets all at once.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

The real problem for me is that stable pages are a thing. If there was an add-on that makes it a single huge page, that'd be awesome. >_<
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Do we still have to scroll through all 20 pages, or are there more per page, or is there a grid of page numbers so we can instantly go to the page we want?