Ardenweald Shadow Courser

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Ardenweald Shadow Courser

Unread post by jensketch »

I did a brief search in the forums but did not see anything come up. There is a shadowy, untargetable courser that is running in a pattern around Ardenweald in Dreamshrine Basin. Anyone have any eyes on what it does? Is it just flavor? Part of a quest? Just curious -- it's beautiful.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Ardenweald Shadow Courser

Unread post by Valnaaros »

jensketch wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:10 pm I did a brief search in the forums but did not see anything come up. There is a shadowy, untargetable courser that is running in a pattern around Ardenweald in Dreamshrine Basin. Anyone have any eyes on what it does? Is it just flavor? Part of a quest? Just curious -- it's beautiful.
It is the Night Mare, and it is a rare that drops/gives a mount. It isn't currently known how you get the mount from it. The Secret Finders have given it a little attention, but not much. It is possible that it isn't fully implemented.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:21 pm
jensketch wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:10 pm I did a brief search in the forums but did not see anything come up. There is a shadowy, untargetable courser that is running in a pattern around Ardenweald in Dreamshrine Basin. Anyone have any eyes on what it does? Is it just flavor? Part of a quest? Just curious -- it's beautiful.
It is the Night Mare, and it is a rare that drops/gives a mount. It isn't currently known how you get the mount from it. The Secret Finders have given it a little attention, but not much. It is possible that it isn't fully implemented.
Probably like taking a selfie with Fabius, but probably not taking a selfie. I'd try dream/nightmare toys/consumables/world buffs, if I were able.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Xota wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:09 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:21 pm
Probably like taking a selfie with Fabius, but probably not taking a selfie. I'd try dream/nightmare toys/consumables/world buffs, if I were able.
Those are definitely good ideas :)
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

Oh thank you so much for answering my curiosity!! Unforutnately testing will be hard because beta accounts aren't tied to real accounts yet, so no toys.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

There are potions that make your character look like they're asleep, most of them are called "dreamless sleep", but "Potion of Nightmares" from Northrend Alchemy (learned from a trainer, WotLK Alchemy 10).
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

jensketch wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:13 pm Oh thank you so much for answering my curiosity!! Unforutnately testing will be hard because beta accounts aren't tied to real accounts yet, so no toys.
On the character copy menu you'll see a "copy account data" button - that should port over all your collections.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/news=31 ... -reference
Today, wowhead put up the source of the mount :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Night Mare can be tamed, but it won't be until the next xpac. Aside from possibly retaining her name, Night Mare doesn't have a unique model. The shadowy effect is only present when you are not under the effects of the Dream Catcher, which allows you to attack her. Due to you having to go into the Heart of the Forest, which is the Night Fae covenant base, to finish making the Dream Catcher, Night Mare as a pet and the mount that she drops will be Night Fae-only.