Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:02 pm I'd love to see those frogs as pets. We have the big BfA toad as a battle pet, so why can't we have the small BfA toad as a pet? The options for the battle pet suck too, due to how you get them. One's a mythic drop from BoD, one's an island expedition drop, and the last (and worst color) is bought from a rep in Nazmir.
Hopefully some day wow will let us tame frogs too, same with coppertop toads for mechanicals, should rename to “amphibian” to allow more options of amphibian pets like frogs, or maybe adding salamanders or newts in the future would be cool, and I’m still waiting to tame that mech cat and frog, like mentioned above by scrap king, like if we can tame mech chickens and sheep, why not mech kitties and frogs
smashfanDS
Realm: EU - Silvermoon

Unread post by smashfanDS »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:39 pm Alright, so hear me out on this. Gonna tap into the REAL crazy stuff. What if, to tame the pink elekk, you need to;
1. Be in a party with a warlock and two others (One a hunter with a spirit beast), and one person has the Brewfest toy that makes everyone drunk when nearby
2.You receive a summon to <insert pink elekk area here> after becoming a ghoul
3. You aggro the elekk after becoming drunk from the toy by spitting zombie juice on it
4. The spirit beast heals you, and you let yourself die
5. Elekk is aggroed on to the spirit beast, so the hunter with SB mends pet and dismisses the pet (Other hunter can tame from here if you want)
6. When you revive, you use something to heal the other hunter. Bandages for example.
7. Other hunter feigns, elekk is aggroed to you now
8. Tame beast

Not sure if this will work, especially since it's got harsh requirements, but I'm gonna get some friends and try.
If on Horde, I can join with my Warlock or Hunter.
If on Alliance I can join with my Hunter only.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

smashfanDS wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:36 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:39 pm Alright, so hear me out on this. Gonna tap into the REAL crazy stuff. What if, to tame the pink elekk, you need to;
1. Be in a party with a warlock and two others (One a hunter with a spirit beast), and one person has the Brewfest toy that makes everyone drunk when nearby
2.You receive a summon to <insert pink elekk area here> after becoming a ghoul
3. You aggro the elekk after becoming drunk from the toy by spitting zombie juice on it
4. The spirit beast heals you, and you let yourself die
5. Elekk is aggroed on to the spirit beast, so the hunter with SB mends pet and dismisses the pet (Other hunter can tame from here if you want)
6. When you revive, you use something to heal the other hunter. Bandages for example.
7. Other hunter feigns, elekk is aggroed to you now
8. Tame beast

Not sure if this will work, especially since it's got harsh requirements, but I'm gonna get some friends and try.
If on Horde, I can join with my Warlock or Hunter.
If on Alliance I can join with my Hunter only.
As I said before, I am down once prepatch releases, my battle tag is Diablo15#1972, plz text me whenever we have the chance, I wouldn’t want to miss out on a once a year rare tame, even college work won’t hold me back from that pink elekk, and I’m horde too
Edit-just searched for a couple of the NPCs, and they are flagged tameable, yesss
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Here's another "Beehemoth" of the expansion.

Mystic Rainbowhorn

It's tameable, but it's too high of a level to tame. Has a purple aura and leaves a rainbow trail when it walks. Doesn't appear to be an existing skin under the purple either, but I could be wrong.

Either way, won't be tameable until after SL.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Myzou wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:29 am Here's another "Beehemoth" of the expansion.

Mystic Rainbowhorn

It's tameable, but it's too high of a level to tame. Has a purple aura and leaves a rainbow trail when it walks. Doesn't appear to be an existing skin under the purple either, but I could be wrong.

It has been recorded in the database, just not on the main website yet due to a unique model needing to be made for it. The base skin is already used by other stags in the zone. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Something to mention regarding the pink elekk, and it applies to really all of the new families. When beasts were flagged as tamable for these families, the method was just flagging anything using an Elekk, Cloud Serpent, Camel, etc. Model. Even if the mobs is always friendly to both factions or even if it has some name like “Draenor Elekk (Test)”, they were made tamable. Didn’t matter whether or not you could actually tame them or if they were actually in the game.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:35 am
Myzou wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:29 am Here's another "Beehemoth" of the expansion.

Mystic Rainbowhorn

It has been recorded in the database, just not on the main website yet due to a unique model needing to be made for it. The base skin is already used by other stags in the zone. :)
Oh damn. That’s another unique looks I’ve forgotten to make, isn’t it?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Damn, the beehemoth was an icon for hunters, I’m so excited to have the black snapdragon aswell as the red tidal worm, super hyped for the undead, and I’m going to be the first person in WOW to own a Crimsonscale Firestorm, how awesome will that be
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

worgpower wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:01 pm Damn, the beehemoth was an icon for hunters, I’m so excited to have the black snapdragon aswell as the red tidal worm, super hyped for the undead, and I’m going to be the first person in WOW to own a Crimsonscale Firestorm, how awesome will that be
Pretty cool :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Even though I didn’t grind cloud serpent rep with collecting eggs, I still went all the way through with the quests and saved timewarped badges for the rep, and it was still effective questing in MOP once a day
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Wain

Does the crawg, Gutrip, can be tamed in Beta or Ptr? He have bones on his fangs and looks pretty dope.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Krauth wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:11 pm Wain

Does the crawg, Gutrip, can be tamed in Beta or Ptr? He have bones on his fangs and looks pretty dope.
It doesn't seem to be, sorry.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Man, I wish, I would love a crawg with decorated tusks
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Just tested my summon theory on ptr with my friends. Can't summon ghouls, and the debuff that would turn you into one falls off if taken too far. Unless we did something wrong. So, pink elekk (and any other friendly tameables) remain untameable...for now. Also, that new icon for Shadowlands pets on the main site made me laugh. Giant SL was unexpected.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:01 pm Just tested my summon theory on ptr with my friends. Can't summon ghouls, and the debuff that would turn you into one falls off if taken too far. Unless we did something wrong. So, pink elekk (and any other friendly tameables) remain untameable...for now. Also, that new icon for Shadowlands pets on the main site made me laugh. Giant SL was unexpected.
Ok, you can still find ways to try it, the closest to pink elekk we can find is rosy, even though it’s not that Pink, it has pink tints and yeah, that’s basically it
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Wain wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:36 pm

It doesn't seem to be, sorry.
=(
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

So i went in the mount journal and noticed that the flayedwing mounts have different wing colors on one black skin
WoWScrnShot_091220_153221.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091220_153221.jpg (456 KiB) Viewed 4425 times
The Gruesome flayedwing from Atticus has Greenish-grey wings
WoWScrnShot_091220_153222.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091220_153222.jpg (445.5 KiB) Viewed 4425 times
The Flayedwing from the Deathbringer Achievement has the normal ol brownish-red wings
WoWScrnShot_091220_153224.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091220_153224.jpg (444.06 KiB) Viewed 4425 times
and the bald black flayedwing from an unkown source has a tannish-grey wings

Most of the chimaeras may look the same based on body color, but they may have different wing colors, and still unsure if wild beasts have those minor differences since i dont have access to beta

Edit-their underbellies also match the wing's colors
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Vilebone Ravager is now tamable and retains its name.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:55 pm The Vilebone Ravager is now tamable and retains its name.

Yesss, I’m definitely getting him
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:36 pm So i went in the mount journal and noticed that the flayedwing mounts have different wing colors on one black skin
Edit-their underbellies also match the wing's colors
I'm fairly sure you're just looking at three skin colours there: "black", dark brown, and purple. They are kind of similar in certain light.