Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

Qraljar wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:25 pm The rodent family could easily be expanded upon. I hope they do so at some point soon, even if I myself am not a rodent fan. But yeah, don't expect such big changes this late into the game. Maybe in 9.1 or 9.2, you know.
There are beavers and giant rats, and rabbit beasts in drustvar that could easily be tamed, Blizz is so stupid they can’t give us more low res rodents, what we got is low res enough
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

What a bummer thanks for checking Valnaaros !!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Found a spider that retains an interesting name.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Echo of the Spy? That's a pretty bad spy if they're making echoing sounds! Nice find.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:56 pm Echo of the Spy? That's a pretty bad spy if they're making echoing sounds! Nice find.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I hope we can have tameable undead gryphons and horses pretty soon as prepatch comes out, since it’s close to releasing, I’m hyped to main and gear up my hunters, and since my birthday is around the corner, I’m going to reward myself with shadowlands
Edit-I was brainstorming and I thought hey, why not tameable mecha dragons, there’s a mechanical whelp, and they are made to serve purposes, maybe steam scale incinerator will have a unsaddled versión in the future and it would be a good idea to make them tameable, the mechs are not sentient beings, so it is the best excuse for a tameable dragon and even a tameable whelp
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

aberrations currently
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

"Cloudfeather Patriarch" has a new name, "Cloudfeather Guardian"

this birb

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I found a beast in BFD that should be tameable in prepatch or release of SL, there’s a mob called molten hound and it uses the 1 headed model, I would love to get one because this mob is the only one hostile, idk if its only seen by horde or seen by both, I hope it can become a valuable core hound, I’m personally not a big fan of the fast walking creatures, I wish they actually had a run animation, it’s the direhorn treatment for me
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Blackfathom Deeps (BFD) doesn't have an NPC by that name. You likely mean Battle of Dazar'alor (BOD) though, since that does have them. I saw them when I did a transmog run earlier, but I don't recall if they were already controlled (Like, <doodoohead's minion> or something similar) or just random beasts that weren't "owned" by an NPC. Would certainly be a nice addition to the lacking core hound family for sure.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:55 pm Blackfathom Deeps (BFD) doesn't have an NPC by that name. You likely mean Battle of Dazar'alor (BOD) though, since that does have them. I saw them when I did a transmog run earlier, but I don't recall if they were already controlled (Like, <doodoohead's minion> or something similar) or just random beasts that weren't "owned" by an NPC. Would certainly be a nice addition to the lacking core hound family for sure.
Oh, I was still confused, my head keeps saying battle for dazaralor but it’s battle of dazar’alor, raid names can be quite confusing, there are many more beasts that still need to become tameable like the core hounds mentioned above, the skeletal horses, wicker beasts, should require a tome from ardenweald, and soul eaters, we need warp stalkers to be renamed and make the family more sought out for people, because the family is underrated and lacking and everyone would love a pet soul eater, and last but not least, the gorm matriarchs and slime kitties
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aroim wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:02 am aberrations currently
These will probably never be tamable. These creatures are boggarts, which are shape shifting spirits. Even still, a neat find. I saw them myself a bit earlier :)
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:27 am
Aroim wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:02 am aberrations currently
These will probably never be tamable. These creatures are boggarts, which are shape shifting spirits. Even still, a neat find. I saw them myself a bit earlier :)

you never know, maybe they will, but you're right, that's rather unlikely ^_^,
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

I still hope we get undead horses, the bewitched creatures, wyverns, soul eater, and maybe brutosaurs
and I see no problem holding a soul eater .. I feed him souls, still no problem
and the missing Gorm, even if I'm not that .. eh bug friend ^^
Wamo
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Wamo »

worgpower wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:53 am I found a beast in BFD that should be tameable in prepatch or release of SL, there’s a mob called molten hound and it uses the 1 headed model, I would love to get one because this mob is the only one hostile, idk if its only seen by horde or seen by both, I hope it can become a valuable core hound, I’m personally not a big fan of the fast walking creatures, I wish they actually had a run animation, it’s the direhorn treatment for me
They aren't tameable on the Beta sadly according to their Wowhead page. Good pet to keep an eye on though!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wamo wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:01 am
worgpower wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:53 am I found a beast in BFD that should be tameable in prepatch or release of SL, there’s a mob called molten hound and it uses the 1 headed model, I would love to get one because this mob is the only one hostile, idk if its only seen by horde or seen by both, I hope it can become a valuable core hound, I’m personally not a big fan of the fast walking creatures, I wish they actually had a run animation, it’s the direhorn treatment for me
They aren't tameable on the Beta sadly according to their Wowhead page. Good pet to keep an eye on though!
That is something muffinus will see, and since maintenance is tomorrow, I think it might be prepatch, if it is, I can’t wait to use up my hours to tame all the pets on both of my hunters, it’s super hype, same with gearing up all characters from IC, I would love to have the hounds of Sargeras as my pets, I would love them to be tameable, and it seems like this xpac is the time, and we got the revamped hound family so why not
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Regarding the one headed core hound, that will probably be something that we'll get in the xpac after SL. Generally, things in raids are not made tamable until two xpacs later. There is also the issue that, as far as I know, only the Horde have access to them, so it would probably be better if some mob was added to Searing Gorge or Burning Steppes that could be tamed by Horde or Alliance.

I don't think that the pre patch will be tomorrow. Blizz would've announced it by now and they haven't. Besides that, they still have the Arena tournement happening and they use the Live servers for it, so they will not update the servers until after the 27th, which is when the tournement ends.

It is possible that the Hounds of Sargeras could be added, but seeing as they are demons and the tamable Felstalker was made untamable, I think that Blizz wants to keep demons within the domain of Warlocks.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Anh-De the Loyal is tamable and retains his name.

https://imgur.com/a/Q5V8Fpc
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Not very loyal when it's so easily swayed to be your pet lol. Nice to know it keeps its name.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:28 pm Regarding the one headed core hound, that will probably be something that we'll get in the xpac after SL. Generally, things in raids are not made tamable until two xpacs later. There is also the issue that, as far as I know, only the Horde have access to them, so it would probably be better if some mob was added to Searing Gorge or Burning Steppes that could be tamed by Horde or Alliance.

I don't think that the pre patch will be tomorrow. Blizz would've announced it by now and they haven't. Besides that, they still have the Arena tournement happening and they use the Live servers for it, so they will not update the servers until after the 27th, which is when the tournement ends.

It is possible that the Hounds of Sargeras could be added, but seeing as they are demons and the tamable Felstalker was made untamable, I think that Blizz wants to keep demons within the domain of Warlocks.
I saw warlocks summoning infernal hellhounds and darkhounds, and now they’re a part of hunters too, it’s quite strange how there can be creatures can be controlled by both hunters and warlocks, so bestial demons with hunters and warlocks are debatable