Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:28 pm Not very loyal when it's so easily swayed to be your pet lol. Nice to know it keeps its name.
Anh-De the Flexibly Loyal.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Wain wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:24 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:28 pm Not very loyal when it's so easily swayed to be your pet lol. Nice to know it keeps its name.
Anh-De the Flexibly Loyal.
Lol, that should be it’s new name, they should of either called the mount Anh-De the Loyal or the npc Xinlao, it never made sense earning a named mount from a different named npc
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

I helplessly keep searching Shadowlands in hope of finding Bossy as a spirit beast.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tomb wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:31 am I helplessly keep searching Shadowlands in hope of finding Bossy as a spirit beast.
We do need tameable cows, the only downside is they have no attack or any animations needed to be a pet, they would be a perfect fit for oxen, hopefully there will be updated cows to fulfill the farm animal update, and wow still needs ducks
Edit-NVM, the cows do have a head but animation, so I guess they are suitable for tameability at this stage, same with old deer, idc how low res it is, I want that diseased deer for my forsaken
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

A new build has be deployed onto the ptr and it is listed as a release candidate. This mean that the pre patch is likely to be next or, at the latest, the week after. Of course things could still be changed on the Beta builds in terms of pets, but it is very unlikely that anything more will be done at this point.

Despite this, I am incredibly grateful for all that Muffinus has done for us this coming xpac. None of this is required and he is under no obligation to do any of this.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Positive and small change: it seems spiders no longer turn their heads on the PTR.

No more broken headed spiders!

Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Silithids sadly still smack themselves in the face.

I still stand by the the idea that Blizzard ought to get rid of proximity-based head-turning and just stick to pets turning their heads when they're targeted. This mechanic already exists, so all they would need to do is disable the proximity-based head turn.

Of course, that exempts some pets like spiders, crabs, etc. that should never turn their heads.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Unsurprisingly, the raid and dungeon tameables that incorrectly say they can't be tamed are still stubborn and broken. No crystal scorpids, no nightmare spiders, no accessible azerite shale worms in MOTHERLODE, and so on. Surely someone will notice all the bug reports one day, but sadly, we're not able to grab them yet.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Qraljar wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:11 pm Positive and small change: it seems spiders no longer turn their heads on the PTR.

No more broken headed spiders!

So so relieved about this! They were one of the worst offenders imo, and this also proves that they have the ability to selectively toggle on or off the behaviour by species, so that's good!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Those changes with the spiders look good, although I won’t get any spiders, and I saw the changes on wowhead and it looks like cobra shot is back to 35 focus and I’m hyped, and they did change arcane shot to 40 focus, now spitting cobra will be a better talent since the cobra shot cost has been reduced, I’m super happy with all the changes we got in SL
Beviah
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Beviah »

Been frequently checking, in hopes that https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=175 ... -matriarch is most certainly not a troll.

From my understanding, this variation of the NPC hasn't been found on Beta yet, and considering no other Matriarchs have been given the label, it still raises the question if this is intended or not. Especially considering we've run across instances of things like this happening before. Here's to hoping that it made the pass. :)
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Beviah wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:29 am Been frequently checking, in hopes that https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=175 ... -matriarch is most certainly not a troll.

From my understanding, this variation of the NPC hasn't been found on Beta yet, and considering no other Matriarchs have been given the label, it still raises the question if this is intended or not. Especially considering we've run across instances of things like this happening before. Here's to hoping that it made the pass. :)
I think I have to disappoint you there
this is under
"Follower Encounters"
Name: Darkwarren Matriarch
Npc: Darkwarren Matriarch
Abilities:
Auto Attack: Deal damage to an enemy at range.
Queen's Command: The Queen commands her minions to do better, healing them for $ s1, and buffing their damage by 50% for one turn.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

i found something :D
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Aroim wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:34 am i found something :D
Bro that’s sick, nice catch, although I’m not going to tame the saddled one, so nice to still see more tames
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

the missing color! ^^
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Saddled beasts are always fun additions.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, it being in a Mission was something that I was speculating since it and only one of the other Darkwarren gorms were given new tamable npcs. That and it didn’t make sense that none of the other matriarchs were made tamable. :)

Nice find! :)
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Thank you :)
here the path from the Tauralus
and he spawns at the point of the house of rituals
Beviah
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Beviah »

Aroim wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:12 am
Beviah wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:29 am ...
I think I have to disappoint you there
this is under
"Follower Encounters"
Name: Darkwarren Matriarch
Npc: Darkwarren Matriarch
Abilities:
Auto Attack: Deal damage to an enemy at range.
Queen's Command: The Queen commands her minions to do better, healing them for $ s1, and buffing their damage by 50% for one turn.
Oh that's really disappointing, I must have missed that somewhere. Hopefully it's indicative of something more in the future, but more than likely a faulty flag.

I feel like the Matriarchs meet the ability to be tamed, as far as I'm aware, the Gorms aren't being possessed or controlled by any supernatural force outside of their drive to seek out and drain the resources from Ardenweald. Especially considering we've seen beasts become tamable that are more farfetched than the Matriarchs. Plus, we can tame the smaller Gorms, and the Gorm wasps. So it's incredibly disappointing to see that the more unique ones aren't being given the same treatment.

Apologies for the small tangent.
Last edited by Beviah on Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Any NPC in a Mission has an actual NPC in the database. Even the Champions that we use for Missions have extra NPCs specifically for that purpose.

Hopefully in 9.1 another taming pass can be done and make it so that the Matriarchs can be tamed :)