Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:15 pm
worgpower wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:13 pm I still hope they lower the exotic requirement levels, fix the tameability of bosses/dungeon mobs, and I hope the first guardian of kalliope is not covenant locked, that phalynx is the reason I’m going full gold with bastion beasts, except for the vulpin which will be black, I feel like locking things in covenants would be a time waster for hunters just to get a cool modeled pet
The First Guardian of Kalliope isn’t covenant locked. It is in Bastion, but anyone can do the quests to get it.
Thank god, I’m going to roll venthyr, but one of the good things about it is there is a quest that takes me to maldraxxus and lets me tame the purple roc and I can probably only tame it once in this account until the xpac after SL
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The Slime Cat was changed to a Critter in the most recent build. The fire wolf was made untamable and is no longer in any family.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

That’s a bummer, hopefully some day we can have a slime cat of our own from a secret or something, and hopefully and maybe possibly a unsaddled version of the Mag’har direwolf can be on our side someday, but I am bummed about the fire wolf because that’s my favorite wolf with effects, but I hope Blizz will give us a remainder of the beasts soon like soul eaters and Beefy gorms
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I just realized I got a Beta invite, had to been today. Surprised they are still inviting this late in the cycle, but whatever service I can be, here I am. Anything we need for the site that I can help with?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Quiv wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 pm I just realized I got a Beta invite, had to been today. Surprised they are still inviting this late in the cycle, but whatever service I can be, here I am. Anything we need for the site that I can help with?
As far as I am aware, things are basically done. SL content has been thoroughly searched, though I'm sure that there are some npcs that'll trickle in over the next few weeks/months as they are found. As for old content, there are a couple of npcs that need to have tamability verified - namely the Kunchongs that spawn from the questline at the end of the Valley of the Four Winds and the Krasarang storylines.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:30 pm
Quiv wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 pm I just realized I got a Beta invite, had to been today. Surprised they are still inviting this late in the cycle, but whatever service I can be, here I am. Anything we need for the site that I can help with?
As far as I am aware, things are basically done. SL content has been thoroughly searched, though I'm sure that there are some npcs that'll trickle in over the next few weeks/months as they are found. As for old content, there are a couple of npcs that need to have tamability verified - namely the Kunchongs that spawn from the questline at the end of the Valley of the Four Winds and the Krasarang storylines.
We of course can’t forget the skeletal horses
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Once it all goes live and I get my panda on Wandering Isles high enough to tame the Guardian, I'll be going to Pandaria (as much as I hate it) for Chromie Time, and I'll check those. Gonna be like 4 days after patch though, cause grinding exp with herbs and ore is gonna suck. Of course, someone else can go check em that's not trying to get the only unique quilen, but still.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

worgpower wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:15 pm
I checked them. They are still untamable and are not in a family. Since today's build was to fix a lot of bugs and implementing changes, and nothing has changed, it is very unlikely that anything will be done now.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:45 pm
worgpower wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:15 pm

I checked them. They are still untamable and are not in a family. Since today's build was to fix a lot of bugs and implementing changes, and nothing has changed, it is very unlikely that anything will be done now.
I’ve also checked for myself every time there was an update, and I always question myself in my head saying “Hey Blizz, why are skeletal horses not tameable yet, you gave us other undead beasts as well as normal horses, why are they being left out
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is because the request for skeletal horses was made after the taming passes, and right now Blizz and Muffinus have more important things to get ready than adding more Hunter pets.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:57 pm It is because the request for skeletal horses was made after the taming passes, and right now Blizz and Muffinus have more important things to get ready than adding more Hunter pets.
Understandable, the pre patch was supposed to release yesterday, and it seems like and I’ve been hearing in game and out that SL is not ready yet or it may get delayed, but I am hoping for the pre patch to release on Oct 6, if not, idk what to say
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

Yea, i got one today and am in it now. I asked to join a couple of weeks ago not expecting to be invited but alas here i am. Managed to get Cloudtail and a black Vulpin (neither are hard) and am now looking for the teal vulpin.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I got a beta invite too, holy crap! I mean, it's a bit late since almost all the fun stuff was discovered, but still!

...what even should we new invitees look for now, with the expansion coming in less than a month?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I honestly felt like there was no point inviting us now, SL is 1 month around the corner and I felt like they should of invited us during the summer
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Saying it that way makes it sound like entitlement. It would've been nice to be invited when it mattered, but it wasn't something that "should" have been done. I'm thankful, just confused and lost since there's really nothing to check anymore except the same few dozen mobs that're broken like the nighthold scorpids.

EDIT: Speaking of broken mobs, everything I keep posting about is still incorrectly showing the error rather than letting you tame them.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Since Beta gives access to the SL specific content, thats what I am focused on while I have the opportunity. For example, just going through The Maw intro, I already found a bug with quest that has Thrall following you, he was going into a sitting animation every time your character stops moving instead of standing idle animation. Maybe its known, maybe its new, I dont know but reported nonetheless. There may not be much of anything hunter specific in SL content left to do, but I figured theres still a whole lot of stuff to test in general that fresh eyes may catch. :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's great so many have access now though :) Please report any pet bugs or additions you find here :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I don't think I recall it being mentioned, but the hounds found in the Maw, such as Crucible Seeker, make the most hilariously annoying CLANG CLANG CLANG sounds when moving.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I hope someone will be able to find the source of the undead tome before release, and the clang clang sounds cool, it’s just like the mechs clanking sounds, I still never expected we can tame a bear shaped soul with armor which is kind of like a construct to me, if not I think soulseekers are my favorite hound, and I have never expected them to be tameable
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Cloudfeather Patriarch is now named Cloudfeather Guardian. Thought I found a new thing, but it's just a rename.