Shadowlands Delayed - No Longer Oct 25 Release

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Shadowlands Delayed - No Longer Oct 25 Release

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318294/sha ... -this-year

Short and sweet, but this is honestly a great thing. Lots of broken stuff still untouched and unfixed. Also, prepatch on the 13th.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Shadowlands Delayed - No Longer Oct 25 Release

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh, thank goodness. I'm so happy about this delay, and it's nice to see the release date for prepatch, too! I was really, really worried about the grind the devs were facing, especially with COVID, so I'll GLADLY wait a while longer if it means they don't work inhumane work weeks + the game gets finished as it deserves.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I’m not too disappointed, I did see and hear that many things are still broken and unfinished, and this time Blizz wants us to have a polished Xpac release, unlike the BFA release which had so many broken things and bugs, like bugged/broken spells, and even the mount farms had to get patched multiple times, this means once all the features on Endgame content and covenant spell buffing and nerfing, they can fix the nightmare spiders, crystal scorpids, and add tameability to the skeletal horses, saddled, unsaddled, maybe Midnight can become tameable too
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I feel nothing but relief right now.

As excited as I am for the expansion, and as much as I was looking forward to a Halloween season release, it was becoming clear that there was so much they still needed to work on and they were quickly running out of time. This must have been a hard fight they put up and I want to support their decision in doing it, because I'm sure this will result in a better game for us, and hopefully a more relaxed workload for them.

Kudos for them making the call, I imagine it wasn't easy, but it was the right thing to do. I'm also glad that I'll have time to enjoy the prepatch now instead of feeling like I have to rush through it in a week or two. Let's give it some breathing room.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I had a feeling that this was coming, and I am very glad that it did. They needed more time and it is obvious that they just didn’t have enough time to implement all of the changes and fixes that they wanted to do. And honestly, after BfA, Blizz can not afford to have another xpac that is in a poor state at launch.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah, Blizz knew how much it sucked releasing an xpac that didnt do too well, now I feel like Blizz stepped their game up and they are trying their best to make it the best xpac ever
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

As much as I want new content, I too am glad. There's so much broken that needs fixing. I'm so hoping our three specs get some TLC for it's greatly needed.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

Good news is i think the pre-patch will have a lot of cool things including the increased stable slots so that will keep me busy for a while.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Im excited to tame the undead on my SV hunter, and everything else on my BM hunter, undead devilsaurs will sadly have to wait until SL
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I was really happy to hear they’re delaying the release to give the designers more time, and I’m happy for the staff that they get the extra time. I hope it helps relieve a bit of their stress, rather than creates more!

I was also overjoyed to see the outpouring of support and love for Blizzard staff as a result of this announcement. The response has been overwhelmingly positive.

I do feel for anyone who booked leave from work but now can’t cancel it, but I hope that most can. Aside from that there seems to have been few complaints, other than in the kinds of places that the extreme complainers tend to concentrate.

Finally, as a site owner, I’m selfishly relieved that I have more time 😁 Despite even having such amazing help in compiling the Shadowlands database it’s still a lot of work and there are still many unknowns. Plus, Warcraft Mounts on top of that
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Oh, thank God. I thought I was the only one who was happy to hear that they delayed it. Even above and beyond the 'bug fix', I'm against 'Crunch Methods' of making something. I honestly hope that they go slow and steady and take an extra month or so if that's what's needed, rather than just setting it back a couple weeks.

I admit, selfish me is hoping they fix the 'taming bug' in raids/instances as there's *so many* creatures in the various dungeons/raids I want to tame badly. However, selfish me is also *aware* he's being selfish and that it's not the most important thing for them to fix. :D I'm going to hold out hope, but by and large not going to be too upset about it, as I suspect there are way bigger bugs and imbalances to fix (unless the instance taming bug is part of a bigger bug, and fixing that bigger bug fixes the tames....)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Shadowlands delayed?!?!?!?!?!

Joking aside, I'm among the ones who are relieved. We got a prepatch date and this feels like the old Blizzard. \o/ Although, part of me feels like they were fighting some higher ups or someone to get it delayed.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aleu wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:36 pm Joking aside, I'm among the ones who are relieved. We got a prepatch date and this feels like the old Blizzard. \o/ Although, part of me feels like they were fighting some higher ups or someone to get it delayed.
I definitely got the same impression because of how long the weird silence was for a while, when otherwise their communication has actually improved a lot surrounding this expansion. I suspect the past few weeks involved a lot of meetings which is why they weren't able to be more clear with their intentions because they didn't have an answer yet for us.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

My mind was like aww man, and good job Blizz, at the same time, if anything, I’m really glad that blizzard will use more time on the xpac and give it time to fix taming bugs, adding more tames, finishing the maw systems, and yeah, I’m excited to do the maw and do torghast with all the fun perks and traits, literally the best thing added to wow, and I’m very glad prepatch will come in 10 days, and best of all, it will release near the end of my college semester, then I don’t have to worry too much about my work whenever I play, so yeah, I’m still more hyped than ever
WingedCaduceus
Realm: Borean Tundra

Unread post by WingedCaduceus »

While I’m a little disappointed, being one of those people that took vacation time so that I could play on release, I can’t say that I’m super upset over this. I’d much rather play a finished game than something broken, even if that means waiting a little longer. Kudos to blizzard for actually taking the time to iron out the wrinkles.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Since I dont play anymore I wanted a refund now that they offered refund but I could not figure out how to put the ticket in sadly

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Great news that it was delayed! I've been seeing a lot of content creators on YouTube who where saying that there was so many things still buggy or broken or not even working at all, that it was concerning that the expansion was going to be shipped out like that. It's also nice that they won't delay the pre-patch so that will give us something to have fun with for awhile.

Now I just wonder when it will release, because there's some issues with some dates, as if they follow their 2 weeks rule before releasing the first raid, it might actually not work really well because it could land too close or on top of the holidays. I think their best solution is to not follow the 2 weeks rule and release it somewhere before the holidays and release the raid in January, so even if it gives out 3 or 4 weeks before the raid comes out it's not too bad, since a lot of people will just not play at all during those 2 holiday weeks.
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:53 pm Since I dont play anymore I wanted a refund now that they offered refund but I could not figure out how to put the ticket in sadly
It seems to be hard to find, but I think you need this link: https://battle.net/support/help/wf/wow/166/1152

If that is for North America, try adding "eu.' to the front.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Wain wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:18 am
Tårnfalk wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:53 pm Since I dont play anymore I wanted a refund now that they offered refund but I could not figure out how to put the ticket in sadly
It seems to be hard to find, but I think you need this link: https://battle.net/support/help/wf/wow/166/1152

That page just wont load.. doesnt help to put a eu infront either :( dont think im getting my money back :(

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:28 am
Wain wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:18 am

That page just wont load.. doesnt help to put a eu infront either :( dont think im getting my money back :(
For me I had to wait a long time before it loaded. It was VERY slow!