Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:13 pm This got me thinking; what if the bone binding tome is locked behind a world quest on a random mob?
I think it is going to be a rare drop from a rare for sure, if it’s not 100% I’ll try every time I can with the mob until I get my tome and get my 4 undead beasts
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Corabear wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:44 pm There was the world quest up to close 4 rifts. I don’t remember what it was called. I’ve been back a couple times to check and he’s not always up.
Also, just to check: you weren't in the area because of a Necrolord Covenant quest, were you?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

So, yeah. I looked at the stable and saw a mammoth for the first time. I don't want this changed on live.
Attachments
I SEE YOU.PNG
I SEE YOU.PNG (156.95 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:53 am So, yeah. I looked at the stable and saw a mammoth for the first time. I don't want this changed on live.
It really bugged me, but I never reported it, I hope it gets fixed, and I hope they get it zoomed out
Corabear

Unread post by Corabear »

Wain wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:43 am
Corabear wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:44 pm There was the world quest up to close 4 rifts. I don’t remember what it was called. I’ve been back a couple times to check and he’s not always up.
Also, just to check: you weren't in the area because of a Necrolord Covenant quest, were you?
I was south of there doing Arboreal Tactics about an hour before hand, I got distracted exploring Ardenweald. I've logged on other characters not in the Necrolords and found the Shadow croaker up. I don't think it's tied to that.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Corabear wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:28 pm
I was south of there doing Arboreal Tactics about an hour before hand, I got distracted exploring Ardenweald. I've logged on other characters not in the Necrolords and found the Shadow croaker up. I don't think it's tied to that.
Cool :) Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Who’s hyped for prepatch, express how y’all feel about the new hunter tames and the un pruning of kill shot and Eyes of the beast, I am excited to be the first person to tame Elegon and the Crimsonscale firestorm
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

You definitely won't be the first to get them lol. You just know there's some psycho out there with ten RTX cards jammed into each of their monster rigs, with the best internet speed available to non-Google executives, just waiting patiently on multiple accounts. Someone's gonna be first, and it won't be us average Joe Schmoes. Still, I know for certain everyone that posts here will be on their hunter first thing Tuesday. I already parked my hunter out of bounds in Bonich, and I can confirm it stays there after logging out. Getting my alien ghost unicorn the moment I log in since there's a pack that literally doesn't move near the outskirts of Bonich.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:12 pm You definitely won't be the first to get them lol. You just know there's some psycho out there with ten RTX cards jammed into each of their monster rigs, with the best internet speed available to non-Google executives, just waiting patiently on multiple accounts. Someone's gonna be first, and it won't be us average Joe Schmoes. Still, I know for certain everyone that posts here will be on their hunter first thing Tuesday. I already parked my hunter out of bounds in Bonich, and I can confirm it stays there after logging out. Getting my alien ghost unicorn the moment I log in since there's a pack that literally doesn't move near the outskirts of Bonich.
I just parked my hunter at the arboretum since I got bored and I only play PTR until prepatch releases, there will probably be millions of hunters at the arboretum once it releases, same with everywhere that has new tames, I know icecrown will be packed, and hopefully the zombie pandemic won’t be annoying like it was at the start of the 9.0 ptr, I am waiting to see people ask me, “how did you get this pet” whenever I’m on my SV hunter, I have to tell them you have to be forsaken or wait until release to obtain a tome, I always tell people how I obtain my pets whenever they ask
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:32 pm

Sorry for adding on again, I've been checking every so often at the spawn point. I just logged in now and he WAS there, I saw him briefly, but it's almost as though the moment my character appeared (I was standing on him) he ran away and made a stealth sound and was gone.

I can't determine if it was due to some sort of phasing bug (like I didn't phase properly for a split second upon logging in), or...something else. But my gut feeling is thinking there's some phasing going on. I hope it's not Night Fae exclusive. :(
Corabear

Unread post by Corabear »

Vephriel wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:29 pm
Wain wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:32 pm

Sorry for adding on again, I've been checking every so often at the spawn point. I just logged in now and he WAS there, I saw him briefly, but it's almost as though the moment my character appeared (I was standing on him) he ran away and made a stealth sound and was gone.

I can't determine if it was due to some sort of phasing bug (like I didn't phase properly for a split second upon logging in), or...something else. But my gut feeling is thinking there's some phasing going on. I hope it's not Night Fae exclusive. :(
There could be phasing going on there, but I've been on characters that haven't chosen a Covenant that are able to see him not just my hunter. I've been checking on it periodically trying to see if anything triggered him spawning. there haven't been any other world quests that pop up in that area though.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I am thinking that it might be a bug due to phasing. There are a series of quests that take place there for the Night Fae covenant and they phase the area. There are even two unique phases for the exact area where the Shadow Croaker is. It is possible that even though one hasn't chosen the Night Fae or anything Covenant at all, that the phasing from those quests still affects the Shadow Croaker.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

With this guy being discovered.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=318403/sli ... on?webhook
Do you think we will be able to tame one?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

DannyGreen wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:25 pm With this guy being discovered.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=318403/sli ... on?webhook
Do you think we will be able to tame one?
The stitched n’zoth serpent would be a fine addition to my SV undead/forsaken themed collection, I also want the white & red one for my BM hunter, but I wonder what their burrow animation is
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Got another one...a whimsical golden fox. Named her "Loxie."
Attachments
Loxie 1.JPG
Loxie 1.JPG (106.72 KiB) Viewed 3280 times

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vulpins look very nice, especially the way they run, it looks so real compared to the jumpy old wolf animations, I think newer wolves should use the vulpin skeleton, I’m pretty excited to tame one, they are very lionlike which is fun
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

edit: another spawnpoint
i'm just trying to figure out how this toad works, if you get too close to it, it runs away and disappears, if you put it in the ice trap and tame it, it also disappears, maybe I was too close too
My guess is still to have to find them several times before you can tame them ^^
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

So, finally done
Don't get too close, into the ice trap with it, ideally throw a flare beforehand and tame it, don't get any closer or the toad will flee to another point !
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

So it's skittish when not tamed? Neat.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

very skittish ! ^^