Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

I am so excited to have that toad
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

and congratulations to the first finder of the toad
good find!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Aroim wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:05 pm and congratulations to the first finder of the toad
good find!
That person saved my toad preferences, I always prefer darker creatures, bastion is an exception, with only a few “true black” creatures, most of the darks there are only purple
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've put together a guide of just the PRE-EXPANSION pet looks, as well as notes on changes to anything pet-related:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/shadowlandsprelooks.php

I'll add some more comments to each section tomorrow but I wanted to post it here tonight for you to preview :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Super hyped, I want to know how I can reach the gorestained piglet without reaching the 3 witch bosses, message me privately how to do it
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

No reason to be private about it! The way to get Gorestained Piglet is easy;
- Enter Waycrest Manor on NORMAL mode (so it can be reset)
- Look to the right. If the door is closed, go up the stairs and see if the top right door is open. If not, run out and reset til one of the doors is open on the right.
- Run like a madman with Turtle and Cheetah, feign death near the staircase in the room with the hunters and dogs
- Walk over to the hallway on the way to Raal, wait for a piglet to walk by
- Tame it, feign death, revel in taming a person that's been polymorphed

EDIT: Here's a quick video. This was done on the beta, but the method is exactly the same. You just might need to use Camo earlier, or wait for an additional feign death cooldown depending on that obnoxious witch that spawns. Take the death or fight your way out when it's tamed!
https://gfycat.com/positiveunselfishamericancrayfish
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corabear

Unread post by Corabear »

Oh I’m so glad someone else found more spawn points for the goth toad! I'm sure Vephriel will be thrilled
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:52 pm No reason to be private about it! The way to get Gorestained Piglet is easy;
- Enter Waycrest Manor on NORMAL mode (so it can be reset)
- Look to the right. If the door is closed, go up the stairs and see if the top right door is open. If not, run out and reset til one of the doors is open on the right.
- Run like a madman with Turtle and Cheetah, feign death near the staircase in the room with the hunters and dogs
- Walk over to the hallway on the way to Raal, wait for a piglet to walk by
- Tame it, feign death, revel in taming a person that's been polymorphed

EDIT: Here's a quick video. This was done on the beta, but the method is exactly the same. You just might need to use Camo earlier, or wait for an additional feign death cooldown depending on that obnoxious witch that spawns. Take the death or fight your way out when it's tamed!
https://gfycat.com/positiveunselfishamericancrayfish
Tysm, it means a lot, now I don’t have to defeat waycrest manor with a group for it, or bug anyone to let me tame it, I can easily solo the mobs with a hunter, or even the bosses, just not the 3 witches which constantly disappear when I get feared, I feel weird about taming a pig that becomes a human, but it won’t be a problem after it’s tamed, it will just be a pig with goth markings
Edit- the method worked, all I needed was to find an open door to the right, luckily, the bottom right door was open, so here is my new pet which eating it as food is sacred to my religious kin
WoWScrnShot_100820_174343.jpg
WoWScrnShot_100820_174343.jpg (346.88 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Corabear wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:00 pm Oh I’m so glad someone else found more spawn points for the goth toad! I'm sure Vephriel will be thrilled
I was thrilled and made like, 5 duplicate characters on beta parked at each one so I can check every so often. :D Just really feeling attached to this one. <3
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:51 pm
Corabear wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:00 pm Oh I’m so glad someone else found more spawn points for the goth toad! I'm sure Vephriel will be thrilled
I was thrilled and made like, 5 duplicate characters on beta parked at each one so I can check every so often. :D Just really feeling attached to this one. <3
I am more hyped to tame this toad than many other creatures, I’m also super attached to the Green-eyed black tauralus and black soulseeker, those are what I’m most excited for
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Image Image Image

Three of the four unused Winged Soul Eaters have been added to The Maw.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:23 am Image Image Image

Three of the four unused Winged Soul Eaters have been added to The Maw.
My hopes have been risen, I would love the blue and black one and name it with a mix of my real name with balrog, I hope they become tameable in some sort of patch, like 9.1 or 9.2, they can merge with warp stalkers like I said many times
Edit- I forgot to mention that the grey ram should not be in the prepatch page, the tameables are only located in bastion, as steelfur rams, but the rest of the ram looks are available on prepatch
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh that's great news about the winged soul eaters! Even if they don't end up tameable I hate to see art remain unused.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I added this Twitter plea :)

https://twitter.com/wowpetopia/status/1 ... 6806752256
undead tome tweet.png
undead tome tweet.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 3801 times
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

more spawn points for the Toad
Last edited by Aroim on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aroim and I have confirmed that Shadow Croaker can only be seen and tamed by Night Fae covenant members - if you have no covenant or if you're part of a different covenant, you'll be in a different phase of Ardenweald. :( This brings up a lot of potential questions of whether other zones have similar rares. I'm pretty bummed out since I want this frog a lot, so much that I might consider going Night Fae first just to tame him and then switch as soon as I can to Venthyr.

But! I finally got to see him for myself, and this explains why all my camping hadn't had any success yet. :lol: (I was Venthyr on my beta character, and my other camping alts hadn't even picked a covenant yet)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_100920_175025.png
WoWScrnShot_100920_175025.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 3736 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:41 pm Aroim and I have confirmed that Shadow Croaker can only be seen and tamed by Night Fae covenant members - if you have no covenant or if you're part of a different covenant, you'll be in a different phase of Ardenweald. :( This brings up a lot of potential questions of whether other zones have similar rares. I'm pretty bummed out since I want this frog a lot, so much that I might consider going Night Fae first just to tame him and then switch as soon as I can to Venthyr.

But! I finally got to see him for myself, and this explains why all my camping hadn't had any success yet. :lol: (I was Venthyr on my beta character, and my other camping alts hadn't even picked a covenant yet)
Thanks for the heads up Veph, I’ll go night fae, tame it, then also switch to venthyr since it’s the best for BM
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

So that's 2-0-0-0 for covenant-locked pets, yes? Shade of Dambala and now this toad. After having given each covenant a shot, and reading that they're all roughly equal in terms of dps for BM (except Venthyr, since Kill Shot doesn't have any synergy with anything in BM), I'm going Ardenweald even though that was the plan anyway just for the snake.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Agreed, Wain. To not mince words and keep it short; this expansion is laden with as many, if not more problems than BfA at launch. The sudden delay is a step in the right direction, but as most of the game's players can agree, the covenant system in its entirety REQUIRES a do-over. It's just amazing how bad it is, and how stubborn they are with wanting to stick with it. Like, if you step in dog poo, don't get on your knees and smear it on your face like a chicken pecking seeds. That's what Blizzard is apparently doing with all the systems they want to force in our throats; they're bending us over and making us peck at feces. "WE MADE THIS, YOU HAVE TO LIKE IT, PLEASE LIKE IT. HAVE A STORE MOUNT TOO!" The toad is an unfortunate casualty of these fecal problems, and there may be many more we've not found who're dipped in brown and corn. People want the ripcord, and Blizzard stubbornly refuses to do it. You know they're going to do it anyway when this inevitably fails, so why try to jump hoops? If XxXMythicRaider69XxX wants to flip covenants like talent points, just let them do it. If Ooo_MasterSnipez_000 wants to temporarily flip covenants so he can see a fun pet to tame, then let them do it. If a specific soulbind helps find something, but you only need them for that, then let them get their moment of glory and get swapped out.

Covenants and soulbinds are just garrisons and talent points, but worse. They need to not be what they are. The ripcord is a MUST, and you just know a template excuse will be used when they finally decide to do it at the end of the expansion (or hopefully sooner, as the devs do seem to barely listen a bit more now). Like I said, I'm still going with the tree hugger covenant anyway because the aoe ability is sweet and I like the mail armor, so the pets are just going to happen for me without the headaches, but as others have already shown, the covenant system is an annoyance that burdens everyone. Collectors, pet tamers, achievement enthusiasts, and so on. Mark my and many sensible folks' words; ripcord will happen, some developer will play it off as them deciding to do it just because, and the problem will happen again next expansion.

PS: Muffinus is the only dev I can say that I like from Blizzard, and I'm sincere about that. Dude listens to us when we just prattle on like lunatics over pixels, and gives us more fun pixels to look at. We're all basically gacha players waiting for the next png files to be uploaded, and he's been the one every time to give us our ENTIRELY undeserved fix. You're the man, Jeremy. Plant hydras please?
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

I have very good news, Shadow Croaker isn't Night Fae bound, this is my Necrolord Char !