Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Wain »

That's awesome! I'm so glad the earlier testing turned out to be wrong.

Just speculating, though. Was this in a different position? I'm wondering if any of the spawn points (like the one you tested earlier) COULD be phased to the covenant and accidentally caused SC to phase too.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Wain wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:36 am That's awesome! I'm so glad the earlier testing turned out to be wrong.

Just speculating, though. Was this in a different position? I'm wondering if any of the spawn points (like the one you tested earlier) COULD be phased to the covenant and accidentally caused SC to phase too.
Yes, that was the first spawn point I found, the one near the southern flight point, that is of course also possible :/
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Thank god, covenant switching for a pet isn’t worth it, the only covenant specific pet in going for is the purple death roc, which is part of a venthyr quest, and then I’m not going to even see one other person with the purple death roc on their side, I love to tame unique looks
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

The more time passes, the more I want to tame a Brutosaur. :C

Hopefully in a patch soon.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aroim wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:11 am
Wain wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:36 am That's awesome! I'm so glad the earlier testing turned out to be wrong.

Yes, that was the first spawn point I found, the one near the southern flight point, that is of course also possible :/
Cool, thanks :)

So I wonder if what happened originally was:
1. There are 2 phases: for Night Fae and for non-Night Fae
2. Shadow Croaker can appear at any spawn point in both phases
3. But since it's random, Shadow Croaker can appear at different spawn points in the different phases, for the same time point.

I'm guessing that made it look like only the Night Fae player could see it, when it was probably just in a different spot for the player who wasn't Night Fae.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Somewhat easier to find while a certain covenant is a lot better than having to switch covenant, as long as it's not a difference between camping for a month and it always being up if you're in the right cov. I wonder about the phases, wpvp-wise (off-topic) and helping-out-friends-wise (on-topic). Like if I see goth frog as Night Fae, can I invite to group a Maldraxxus hunter to tame it?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Xota wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:45 pm Somewhat easier to find while a certain covenant is a lot better than having to switch covenant, as long as it's not a difference between camping for a month and it always being up if you're in the right cov. I wonder about the phases, wpvp-wise (off-topic) and helping-out-friends-wise (on-topic). Like if I see goth frog as Night Fae, can I invite to group a Maldraxxus hunter to tame it?
This didn't work for us! Aroim would invite me to group and we would be in different phases, unable to see each other.

I'm really glad it's just a phase issue, but also surprised that I never saw a Shadow Croaker myself because I created 7 character copies on beta and have each one parked at a different spawn point. I was periodically checking them throughout the day and still never saw him, so I guess that was just bad luck. o_o
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

I probably should have mentioned this but.. The green hellhounds in the legion start scenario are tameable. You kinda gotta rush to get one because the npcs will kill it really fast due to there levels and such. BUT it can be done.

Also should we check any other quest scenarios for new tames?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Zoruaronan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:14 pm I probably should have mentioned this but.. The green hellhounds in the legion start scenario are tameable. You kinda gotta rush to get one because the npcs will kill it really fast due to there levels and such. BUT it can be done.

Is it a unique look? If so, post it, if not, just say the color, if it shares a color with other hellhounds, no need to tame this specific one
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Finally finally I was able to find a Shadow Croaker spawn on my own and do a little more testing.

Thankfully the Night Fae thing is definitely just a phasing issue and not a requirement, this character that I was on hadn't joined any of them yet. Ardenweald must just have a separate phase for Night Fae members and I had been extraordinarily unlucky with my hunt before.

Track Hidden seems to be a must for finding him. He's stealthed, and while I'm sure he'd show up if you got close enough, that might be too close and trigger him to run away since he's very skittish.

With Track Hidden he became visible from a good distance away (within taming range) - I even tried toggling it off without moving my character, and he'd change from visible to invisible again. He did not show up on Track Beasts (again I'm sure he would if you were right up near him, but I didn't want to scare him off this time).

Was hoping I could find a spawn on my own just to get that second confirmation about things. :D
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_101020_221802.png
WoWScrnShot_101020_221802.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 3516 times
WoWScrnShot_101020_221842.png
WoWScrnShot_101020_221842.png (1.55 MiB) Viewed 3516 times
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

worgpower wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:11 pm
Zoruaronan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:14 pm I probably should have mentioned this but.. The green hellhounds in the legion start scenario are tameable. You kinda gotta rush to get one because the npcs will kill it really fast due to there levels and such. BUT it can be done.

Is it a unique look? If so, post it, if not, just say the color, if it shares a color with other hellhounds, no need to tame this specific one
Not to my knowledge probably just another Green with Green Flames hellhound. I was only mentioning it since i didint see it anywhere on the site
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks. Do you remember what they're called? :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wain wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:56 am

Thanks. Do you remember what they're called? :)
I believe that it is the Burning Terrorhound.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I can’t wait for the petopia page to be changed, I want to see what the new name arrangement will be for the renamed families, and yes, i know your going to remove the old family name from the renamed families once prepatch hits, I have never been more excited to play wow than when prepatch and SL releases
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

After spending WAY to much time on Beta questing in Pandaria, I have confirmed that the https://www.wowhead.com/npc=65520/massi ... k-kunchong thats spawn during the Battle for Stoneplow quest at the end of the Valley of the Four Winds and Krasarang quest chains is tameable!
EDIT: To my genuine surprise, the https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=567 ... k-colossus found in the same quest phase is also tameable!
Just need a tameable grey one and we will be set!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Does big green keep its name, or nah? I assume nah, but still nice to see it tameable.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ooo, I wonder if party sync would allow me to re-do that quest chain on my main?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Pokcmvmxckm wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:38 am After spending WAY to much time on Beta questing in Pandaria, I have confirmed that the https://www.wowhead.com/npc=65520/massi ... k-kunchong thats spawn during the Battle for Stoneplow quest at the end of the Valley of the Four Winds and Krasarang quest chains is tameable!
EDIT: To my genuine surprise, the https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=567 ... k-colossus found in the same quest phase is also tameable!

Just need a tameable grey one and we will be set!
That's so much work! Thank you! :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shadow Croaker questions:
- does it croak when clicked? Some of the ardentoads do.
- any idea what its level range is? is it only 60?

Also, please let me know if the info I added in inaccurate: https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=173635

Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Wain wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:54 am Shadow Croaker questions:
- does it croak when clicked? Some of the ardentoads do.
- any idea what its level range is? is it only 60?

Also, please let me know if the info I added in inaccurate: https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=173635

yes, it makes noises when you click on it
and, I can't answer the second question yet, I'll test it if I can

and here, a new spawn point