Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Wain »

Awesome thanks :) I've made a temp map update until Veph produces a new one.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Wain wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:54 am Shadow Croaker questions:
- does it croak when clicked? Some of the ardentoads do.
- any idea what its level range is? is it only 60?

Also, please let me know if the info I added in inaccurate: https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=173635

I can now confirm that you can't see him under 60, or in any case not with lvl 50, but you can still scare him, even if he is not there .. :|
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I was camping shadow croaker, and decided to preview some models, to see if some of the missing skins are assigned to an npc that hasn't been uploaded to wowhead or wow.tools (or here) yet. Mostly I was looking for the missing two tints for ardenweald toad, and the untamable + missing tints for vulpin.
First, I did not find any new toads (there's the two known fawn toads that are probably just test npcs, because their names are "Ardenweald Toad" and "Ardenweald Toad Baby". None of the "black and brown" ardenweald toad at all :( I started looking a ways before the lowest known toad's npcid, all the way through the highest registered npcid on wow.tools. So 0 for 2.

For vulpin, I started much lower, 152xxx range maybe? I got to around 175000 (skipping 163500-163599, one of them crashed wow). I did find some interesting foxes. They all turned out to be on wowhead already, but not registered in wow.tools. I searched the forums here, and didn't see them mentioned I think. No idea on the locations, sorry. None are flagged tameable on wowhead, but I don't know how reliable that is.
Red:

Vulpin Because of the name, I'd guess a test npc, not actually in the world. but maybe not
Ash Trickster
Dark Red:

Velix
Llothien:
Llothien prowler, without tack or saddle.
Llothien prowler, without tack or saddle.
fox.png (17.36 KiB) Viewed 4156 times
Fleeting Fox
Playful Prowler
No combat animations, but I thought it's still worth mentioning. IIRC, during MoP development, Quillen had animations/wireframe swapped in. I'm not saying that's likely here, the model's been in the game since legion. But it's a good looking model, and the ears aren't weird like Vulpins'.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Xota wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:42 am I was camping shadow croaker, and decided to preview some models, to see if some of the missing skins are assigned to an npc that hasn't been uploaded to wowhead or wow.tools (or here) yet. Mostly I was looking for the missing two tints for ardenweald toad, and the untamable + missing tints for vulpin.
First, I did not find any new toads (there's the two known fawn toads that are probably just test npcs, because their names are "Ardenweald Toad" and "Ardenweald Toad Baby". None of the "black and brown" ardenweald toad at all :( I started looking a ways before the lowest known toad's npcid, all the way through the highest registered npcid on wow.tools. So 0 for 2.

For vulpin, I started much lower, 152xxx range maybe? I got to around 175000 (skipping 163500-163599, one of them crashed wow). I did find some interesting foxes. They all turned out to be on wowhead already, but not registered in wow.tools. I searched the forums here, and didn't see them mentioned I think. No idea on the locations, sorry. None are flagged tameable on wowhead, but I don't know how reliable that is.
Red:

Vulpin Because of the name, I'd guess a test npc, not actually in the world. but maybe not
Ash Trickster
Dark Red:

Velix
Llothien:
fox.png
Fleeting Fox
Playful Prowler
No combat animations, but I thought it's still worth mentioning. IIRC, during MoP development, Quillen had animations/wireframe swapped in. I'm not saying that's likely here, the model's been in the game since legion. But it's a good looking model, and the ears aren't weird like Vulpins'.
I liked the legion fox, it was just too bad it didn’t end up tameable, they don’t have attack animations, but marsuuls on the other hand have the skeleton/animations of the legion fox, and the attack animations of cats since they had claws, i felt like there could of been a attack animation for them, and I wish I could have a glimmering red vulpin aswell, and who is ready to say bye to BFA, i can’t wait to tame all the pets tomorrow which is my first priority, and then the questlines and other things, I am ready to play wow in a better state than it is now, I think hunters have completely improved with some abilities going baseline, now I can detect vanishing enemies with hunters mark, and then won’t disappear, I can scout areas and troll low level players with eyes of the beast, trolling is bad but I’m only doing it when i get bored, and kill shot for a execute, felt weird to use kill shot with the BFA style hunter gameplay, but it works so well we don’t need killer instinct unless we’re in a raid or something, other than that, YESSS, the day has almost come
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

I didn't remember that about the marsuuls. The geometry of it might look weird with a slightly different model, but I am a little more hopeful. Has anyone here know if something like Blender can be used to swap models and riggings? I kind of want to see what it could look like.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Xota wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:54 am I didn't remember that about the marsuuls. The geometry of it might look weird with a slightly different model, but I am a little more hopeful. Has anyone here know if something like Blender can be used to swap models and riggings? I kind of want to see what it could look like.
They both do have the same playful mountspecial though which is why I noticed the marsuul uses a skeleton which is a mix of the legion fox, and Druid cats from legion
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Good luck tomorrow everyone!! I can't wait to see everyone's screen shots with their new tames!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I just hope that the stable addons are updated asap. I don't want to browse 20 pages, even though I'm likely only going to have 10 filled at most.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Aw just saw that some of the black cloud serpents aren't tameable unless you are on a specific quest. That really sucks for anyone who's already done them!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

If Wain is alive and willing, I propose a suggestion. There are not that many pets that fall under this category, but there should be a section on the main site under Find Pets > Rare & Special that is set up for pets that require extreme methods to obtain them. What would be nice is a list of each pet, plus a recommendation on methods to obtain them. Things like Guardian of the Elders, Zhao-ren, and Tunneling Worm deserve a special place on the site, especially considering you need to grind with gathering professions and daily pet battle fights. I listed the pet battles that can be used here, and for goblins, this is the only option if you absolutely want to tame the Tunneling Worm. It is a unique look, assuming it keeps that wild glow when tamed. Guardian and Zhao-ren are not unique models, but they retain their names and also require stupid amounts of grinding. I'd also add the two wolves tamed by Humans and Orcs in Exile's Reach, as they're unique to their respective races.

So, it would be sort of like so:
** Starter Zone Pets With Unique Traits **
- Unique Looks : Tunneling Worm - Kezan. Wolf (Human only) - Exile's Reach, Wolf (Orc only) - Exile's Reach
- Unique Name: Zhao-Ren - The Wandering Isle, Guardian of the Elder - The Wandering Isle

It would also be helpful to note that Goblins can't mine or collect herbs since Kezan doesn't have any. They require and can only rely on the account-wide pet battle quests if you want to level them and tame the tunneling worm.
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Zhao-ren isn't exotic though? He's a serpent. Easily tamed.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Yeah, I poorly wrote that in the early hours of the day. Good ol' insomnia. I edited the post. Still, those five should be in a category since they're all unique in some way.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Since the new leveling experience got released today, there is no point in taming zhao-ren, there’s a bunch of heavenly black serpents tameable, and remember this, if your leveling a worgen, goblin, or pandaren; just level them through exiles reach because of how much faster, if your all into leveling those races and want the nostalgia kicks, do the old zones
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

worgpower wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:18 pm Since the new leveling experience got released today, there is no point in taming zhao-ren...
Retains its name.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

As Xota reiterated, Zhao-Ren is unique in that it has a name that's kept on taming. There's very much a point if that's your jam, which it is for me at least. If folks who want a panda hunter don't mind skipping out on the earliest possible cloud serpent pet and the LOVABLE grind to 39 for a stone hound with a fancy name, then I agree; do Exile's Reach instead of that god awful Wandering Isles experience since it's much faster and far less boring.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah, I also agree if you are going for the name, but I already see people are only going through exile’s reach with worgen, goblins, and pandas, new players are also probably going to try the older zones, alt wise, exile’s reach will be great, I tried it multiple times, I love the feature where they teach us how to tame, before I started wow on CATA, tame beast used to be obtained from a few practice quests, because what happens in exile’s reach also looks at class fantasy for a bit, like taming the beast from the boat, and much more

Edit-I think you can also remove the old family names from the renamed families since BFA is over
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

I noticed my unicorn pet doesn't look at me constantly, only when I have it targeted. Its resting distance away from me is outside the radius of creepy behavior.
Last edited by Xota on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I'm in. Nighthold scorpids are still broken, boo.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Am I missing something? Learned tome to tame serpents, when to tame tsulong, beast lore shows tameable but keeps saying untameable when trying.

Edit:

I'm getting it with Azure serpent too. I guess my toons bugged... :(

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

People in my guild have the same problem, I got my noodle, the gorestained piglet is bugged, and tells me it’s untameable