N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth - Tame Friendly NPCs

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Radikid

N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth - Tame Friendly NPCs

Unread post by Radikid »

Hello everyone.

I waited to share this information until I was able to look at everything that might be valuable for fear that posting this would incite a hotfix. N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth allows you to tame some friendly NPCs, for example, Tucel. I couldn't find any friendly monsters that reacted to this item that were previously untameable skins/models.

I may have missed some things, so please, if you find something of use, share it here.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Qraljar »

Is there perhaps anyone Alliance/EU side that would like to get a group together for the Sliver toy?
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Dialga on discord confirmed that Guardian of the Spring doesn't retain its name when N'zoth tamed. Shame.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

With the advent of the Rajani Warserpent find, I've been looking at anything and everything I can for possible fun additions. While not amazing, the toy "N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth" allows you to tame Pack Mule on Alliance, so you don't have to do the Freckles roulette for the short maned donkey look.

EDIT:
The Honeyback bees can't be attacked, so that's a no-go.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

So can some one with N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth help others tame the White Cloud Serpents? or do you have to have it yourself? I so hope groups can happen. That's a hard toy to get. :(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

You have to have it yourself. If you go join the secret finders' discord, they were doing it for a while. I'm sure some folks are around to help.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

okies thanks
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Tinitoa in Nazjatar can now be tamed with the Sliver. Does not retain its name, however.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Has anyone tried the Ivory Cloud Serpent yet?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Qraljar wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:41 am Has anyone tried the Ivory Cloud Serpent yet?
Not to my knowledge, but it would be extremely difficult if not impossible. You would need to find a point where you are in range of taming. Then you would have to have someone with you who has not gotten the mount and has the lasso. You would have to start taming before they use the lasso, since it despawns soon after the lasso is used. They would have to use the lasso as it passes in front of you, and then you would have to hope that you will have enough time to tame it. Just taming it as it is flying around won’t work since it flies about as fast as a mounted player.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Vethorn wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:44 am I wonder if Grong can be tamed with Shadowland
Grong is outside the raid in an alliance quest chain. But he's flagged humanoid most of the time. On part he's flagged Beast, and wowhead doesn't have him flagged Gorilla at that point. If I ever get the sliver, I'm going to double check.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=162681/elusive-quickhoof
This guy's tameable if you use N'lyeth, Sliver of N'zoth. I didn't tame it, but Kaelei on the secret finder discord confirmed it. Not sure if it kept its name or not, or if it makes sound when clicked. I'm gonna try to find it myself, or I'll just edit the post if they can confirm the sound and name.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Two npcs that you cannot sliver: Dexter (black nazjatar lizard), Grong (during the alliance quest chain, changes to beast at one point, but not creature family gorilla).
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Stanley and Shep also cannot be attacked.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Credit goes to Mozelle on discord for being the first to (publicly) prove that Ivory Cloud Serpent is tameable! You want to sit on the top of the gate bordering Dread Wastes to be able to tame it. You also need to have the N'lyeth toy so that you can aggro it.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_101720_033837.jpg
WoWScrnShot_101720_033837.jpg (275.65 KiB) Viewed 13989 times
LadyGrayRose
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by LadyGrayRose »

To copy-paste the guide I posted in the Secrets discord:

During a mogu assault on the Vale, head to the top of the Gate of the Setting Sun at approximately 4, 60 and wait while using a target macro. Because the Ivory Cloud Serpent can be trapped, if you use N'lyeth early you can lay out traps down the central run of the roof as shown in the screenshot below to aggro it to you as it will path on top of the roof and trigger them naturally; however, activating N'lyeth early also puts you in danger of being killed by other players and leaving N'lyeth on CD when the Ivory spawns. Note that is this NOT the Ivory Cloud Serpent's spawn point, which means it can spawn and be lasso'd before reaching you without your awareness, but the location is optimal as it is where the Ivory Cloud Serpent paths against a standable location in a predictable pattern.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

How are these possible, nyleth sounds hard to get, am I able to get nyleth with a group or do I have to solo, cuz I want my rajani serpent pet, so plz tell us if we can do nyleth in groups, or if someone can share the nyleth quest with me with party sync, message me if it’s possible, thx
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

N'lyeth can be done like so;

1. find a group doing it where players of both factions are on the same realm (hardest part)
2. Opposing faction players get naked, let you kill them
3. You tag one, drop group, then kill a few (You won't phase back to your realm immediately, but you may need to be reinvited after a while to phase back)
3a. Optionally but highly recommended; opposing faction has a healer casting mass res so you can kill the participants quicker. No res timer this way.
4. Once you kill enough, you receive the quest. The kills required are usually 10-20.
5. Now, the players on your faction let you kill them. Dying to you gives them a 10 minute debuff that DOES NOT FALL OFF WHEN LOGGED OUT (very important)
6. Kill 10 people of your faction without dying before then, and you're done.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

It is so much easier in a group. A rogue good at WPvP can solo it, or maybe anyone if they're ridiculously good. If you aren't bountied by the time you get the quest, you get it after a few same-faction kills. Bounty hunters will come in groups, and they won't count for the quest (wrong faction). And if you're hanging around your own town to gank lowbies and afkers, you'll probably get people attacking just because your name is red.

I did it with 2 friends who had alts, and they brought them to Mardivas' laboratory. Some opposite faction players showed up a couple of times looking for the bounty, but you're safe inside the lab. By the time my friends got their alts to the cave, the enemy players had left, but there's no guarantee. You can list in group finder, but you might not get any randoms for the whole hour. (to be one of those randoms, check group finder for "zoth" and look for "Servant of N'Zoth" groups).

In order to even get the quest, you have to kill 10 enemy players without dying. This is the easiest part, if you regularly do wpvp, you've seen the quest pop up numerous times already. Battle of Nazjatar is the best time to get it in Nazjatar this week. Next week there will probably be a lot of fighting between Mezz and New Home for CTA. Be in a group, or at least near a bunch of other friendly players for this part. You cannot share the quest, you have to be doing WPvP yourself (in WM). If not using Nazjatar for Mardivas' lab, get in a CTA group in Vale/Uldum, or wherever there's good battles going on (sometimes during faction assaults, especially if its the CTA that week).

If you're not doing Mardivas' then having 5+ friends with you (who can pvp well enough) will make it easier. Go somewhere out of the way, like the cave way under Vale (where you kill the assault boss during Nyalotha weeks there, it should be empty during CTA week). Two of them should be able to rez. Kill them one at a time, with the others fighting off bounty hunters if they show up. You will have to wait for the debuff to fall off of them.

Just a warning, once you start the quest, you won't see guild chat, and won't be able to do pink whispers. Bnet whispers, guild voice chat, party chat, and LFG all still work. And holy priests' angelform will prevent you from getting credit.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I've always been general a bug hunter and I still am, but I can't lie, I really am warming up to this pretty lady.