Zhao-Ren

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zerochimp

Zhao-Ren

Unread post by zerochimp »

I created a new Pandaren hunter and got all the way up to Zhao-Ren but was unable to tame him. He shows up as tameable, so I'm confused as to why he's posted as being tameable if he's not.

Has anyone been able to confirm it as a bug, or were able to tame him?

Thanks in advance.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Zhao-Ren

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I can tame him just fine on my neutral pandaren. Did you;
1) Learn the tome to tame cloud serpents on any character that is exalted with Order of the Cloud Serpents?
2) Have an empty pet slot with you?
3) Pull Zhao-Ren and attempt to tame as it flies towards you (circling the fireworks barrels)?
zerochimp

Unread post by zerochimp »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:45 pm I can tame him just fine on my neutral pandaren. Did you;
1) Learn the tome to tame cloud serpents on any character that is exalted with Order of the Cloud Serpents?
2) Have an empty pet slot with you?
3) Pull Zhao-Ren and attempt to tame as it flies towards you (circling the fireworks barrels)?
Thank you for responding, WerebearGuy.

So the answers to the last two of your questions are both 'yes'. The first one, however, has me a bit confused. I thought that I didn't need to have a character that is exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpents on another toon since it has been said the following (quoting from Wowhead):
Pandaren Hunters can tame Cloud Serpents innately, but all other races must acquire the How to School Your Serpent item in order to unlock Cloud Serpent Taming.
Pandaren Hunters (both Alliance and Horde) can tame Cloud Serpents without any special requirements.
Something else I noticed is that I couldn't tame King Krush, despite him being one level lower than me and displaying as 'tameable' when using the Beast Lore ability. Very strange, to me. :shock:
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Yeah, that note on wowhead is wrong. Pandaren were never able to tame without the book. That was just an assumption and people just believed it. You definitely need to learn the book on your account; it can be on any character and class.