pet attack speeds normalized again

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

pet attack speeds normalized again

Unread post by Xota »

All my pets now have a base attack speed of 2 (modified by haste). I had a few I knew used to be faster, and I went out and tamed one that is still faster in the wild. It didn't really ever effect dps that much I think, but it did have some effect on enemy casting pushback. Anyways, that's done for now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: pet attack speeds normalized again

Unread post by Wain »

Ok thanks for letting us know :)

I'm glad I never tried to record all that now. As you say, it never affected much anyway.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Veronika

Unread post by Veronika »

So most are 2 sec that I’ve seen, I also saw on the Timeless Isle specifically, 2.5 and 3 sec ones and possibly 1.5 but my memory on that is super fuzzy. However all the speedy ones that were are now 2 sec ones. The one good thing about the spider with 0.25 was mythic runs and aoe, he was always number 1 in damage by a very large amount. But now with the 5-8 targets that everyone has it would likely be that he wouldn’t be anywhere near as powerful as he was, even if they had kept him at that speed.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Elder Great Turtle on Timeless Isle has a speed of 3.0 seconds in the wild, 2.0 seconds when tamed.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

When I first saw a hunter with a cloud serpent you can only tame with the N'zoth thingy buff, before I knew about it, I checked the ID of it since the WoWhead Looter addon can show what it is, but then when I went to the site to view it I ended up on that page.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=165189/generic-hunter-pet

The only comment on that page is this:
As of Shadowlands, all hunter pets have been changed to this ID and only have a name and skin applied to them. This came with the side effect of re-normalizing pet attack speeds across the board at 2.0. Because of this, certain pets lost some certain quirks to them as well.
Went back to the game and moused over my own pet and saw the same ID so it is true. It might be why they where able to give us 200 slots in the stables, I guess it takes less saved data this way.
ImageImage