Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=43031
This mob is considered an elemental. Lemlia Luna on the secret finders discord went and checked it. It's currently listed as unknown, but ingame, it's an untameable.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Objective, final confirmation of my long and arduous task. Guardian of the Elders, as of prepatch on live servers, officially retains its name when tamed.

EDIT: Taming it does not complete the quest "Worthy of Passing". You still need to kill it for that. Not like you'd normally be this level to try, but still.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_102220_040523.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102220_040523.jpg (372 KiB) Viewed 5294 times
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Minor, but I saw they were unconfirmed on the site, the Azerite Borers during the Maelstrom Scenario for Champions of Azeroth are tameable. There are two of them from what I saw, I'm unsure if they respawn.
Attachments
Wow_2020-10-22_12-14-38.jpg
Wow_2020-10-22_12-14-38.jpg (216.86 KiB) Viewed 5178 times
Goblinoid

Unread post by Goblinoid »

Bambu wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:00 pm Minor, but I saw they were unconfirmed on the site, the Azerite Borers during the Maelstrom Scenario for Champions of Azeroth are tameable. There are two of them from what I saw, I'm unsure if they respawn.
Can this be party sync? I already did this scenario and I really like those colors
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Goblinoid wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:55 pm
Bambu wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:00 pm Minor, but I saw they were unconfirmed on the site, the Azerite Borers during the Maelstrom Scenario for Champions of Azeroth are tameable. There are two of them from what I saw, I'm unsure if they respawn.
Can this be party sync? I already did this scenario and I really like those colors
the party sync is a good question =)
I can now test that, i forgot that, thank you ;)
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Aroim wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:08 pm

no, you will be phased into normal Hyjal :cry:
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I wonder if the shalebiter in the MOTHERLODE is bugged or tameable as intended, I love the colors of the Azerite one, especially the colors of the rings
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

worgpower wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:30 pm I wonder if the shalebiter in the MOTHERLODE is bugged or tameable as intended, I love the colors of the Azerite one, especially the colors of the rings
We checked on it several times in the Beta. Was bugged every time :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:06 am Objective, final confirmation of my long and arduous task. Guardian of the Elders, as of prepatch on live servers, officially retains its name when tamed.
You crazy, crazy person! Thank you for testing this :D

P.S. What are your levelling tips for anyone who wants to try this?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's fantastic! Thanks for confirming this :) I hope the Motherlode ones become available soon, though.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aroim wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:21 pm
Hyjal? Isn't that for the Azerite Gorger?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:55 pm You crazy, crazy person! Thank you for testing this :D

P.S. What are your levelling tips for anyone who wants to try this?
Oh god I can't write a good guide to save my life. While my brain sort of putz'd out after finally leaving, I can at least say these;
- Pick up Mining and Herbalism, herb and mine like crazy.
-- Nodes give 50 exp (100 rested) around level 34 or so. Divide your required exp to see how much you will need.
-- The number of nodes you'll need WILL suck, but on average, you'll get 5% or more of your level with every circuit.
-- No seriously, it was awful.
- Do the five pet battle daily quests and turn them in on your panda. These are Old MacDonald, Lindsay, Bill Buckler, Eric Davidson, and Dagra the Fierce.
-- Pet battles gave approx. 40% of a level every time past level 30. I forgot how much prior.
- Tame a cunning pet and take all run speed talents when you can. Move speed is valuable.
- You're going to want to give up. Don't.
- You might see others trying to level a neutral panda. Don't let them deter you or frustrate you.
-- TRY to get them to take the same route with you so you don't compete for nodes. Don't try to ruin one another.
-- I was unsuccessful in this. Some other guy 5 levels below me kept ruining my route with his inefficient route, making me wait for respawns.

My route is pictured below. I had to draw it from memory, but you should be able to see how I did it. Here's how I did it:
- Start at Temple of Five Dawns, facing east (Set hearth here)
- Head east. You will see a Copper vein and Earthroot almost immediately.
- Continue down to the path just past the house for a Peacebloom, then go due south for a Silverleaf.
- Run between the two training areas with bamboo rods for three nodes on a thin path; one being a Copper vein in a tiny grove.
- Run towards the water striders and collect the ore vein, then turn left towards the big pool with the snake in the center.
- At the I location, there's a cart to Dai-lo Farmstead with a Silverleaf just a bit further. Grab the leaf, then jump in the water under the bridge to be a fast crane.
- At the II location, there's a Peacebloom off to the left next to a Copper vein in the water, then a silverleaf up further to the right.
- Jump down the hill to an Earthroot, then a Peacebloom at a cart. Head to the left (facing cart) to grab a Copper vein, turn back towards the cart and keep going to see another Copper vein.
- Disengage across the river and go towards the farm buildings for a Peacebloom.
- At the III section, run through the fields towards the mountains to the east for several silverleaf nodes, ending at a little hovel with Vermin and a few trees.
-- There's one Copper vein underground. I skipped it because it got tedious, but it's an extra vein if you want it.
- Follow the path with the Vermin between the hills to find an Earthroot and Copper vein along the way, then hop over the mountains heading west.
- You'll find an Earthroot next to an ox and boulder, then a small fenced area further ahead. Hang a left until you hit a Copper vein.
- Follow the rows of turnips to find a silverleaf and Copper vein.
- At the IV section, there's a small area you can hop over to get to Ki-Han Brewery. There's an Earthroot here.
- Follow the path back to the Temple of Five Dawns for two more Copper veins.

Ultimately, there were around 33 or 34 nodes that I picked up per route. Assuming they're all there, of course. EDIT: I gave up halfway on the arrows. Ignore those lol.
Attachments
route.png
route.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 5072 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for all that! :)

So it sounds like it's a mix of activities to generate xp. I thought they severely nerfed gathering xp, if so that must be really painful.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

It wasn't painful, but it was tedious. Once the exp started showing as 100 per harvest (I had rested, obviously!), I was thinking "Oh hell, now the real game begins." Thankfully, it's not THAT bad; 33 nodes per circuit at 100 exp a pop is 3300 exp. It usually took a few circuits anyway, but keeping in mind that I got a small quest's worth of exp per circuit made it a bit more tolerable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've added taming skills as a filter option on our search page. Say, if you want to search for all undead tames of level 30 or less:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/search.php? ... rtby=level

It works for other skill types, too, like cloud serpent, gargon, feathermane, etc. But those are easy to find already, since they affect entire models or families. So Undead is arguably the most useful filter.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Wain wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:04 pm
uh .. yes .. let me be brain afk.. D:
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

I can now confirm that group sync works!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I decided to split off all discussion regarding N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth tames to its own thread:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=26210

Please post any other info / finds you have there :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Aroim wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:05 am
Wain wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:04 pm
uh .. yes .. let me be brain afk.. D:
I would love to tame the worm, I want to sync with you in order to tame it, private message me
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

"Just like in life, keep those companions around you with that same energy."😁
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_102520_215245.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102520_215245.jpg (283.21 KiB) Viewed 4609 times

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.