New SL Spirit Beast Intro Not Found

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Carnage350
Realm: Llane

New SL Spirit Beast Intro Not Found

Unread post by Carnage350 »

Hiya gang,

A while back we got asked on twitter by the hunter dev I believe, what kind of new SB we wanted to be introduced in SL. Did we get an answer yet??? Has anything been found leading to this possible new unique pet we are promised?
I myself suggested a new Spinosaurus model, but that's just a small wow hunter dream.

Just curios for any new info on this supposed unique beast we have been promised.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: New SL Spirit Beast Intro Not Found

Unread post by Vephriel »

There's no new Spirit Beast that we know of yet. However, it's not unusual for them to show up in a later patch during expansions. They probably had a lot on their plates trying to get Shadowlands ready to ship so hunter pets might not be their top priority, but I'm fairly confident in a 9.1 or later we'll see one appear.

Personally I was really hoping for a spider spirit beast and got excited when Shadra's model was initially datamined (she shows up in Ardenweald I guess and has a spectral appearance).
Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

Isn't Elegon the new SL Spirit beast?
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

True, but I feel he's not like..."the" spirit beast, if that makes sense? He's not in the new zones, technically not even in Shadowlands yet. There's usually a brand new one that's more suited to the expansion somewhere.

(also to be perfectly honest I keep forgetting to categorize Elegon as a SB because I think cloud serpent haha)
Last edited by Vephriel on Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I hope SL will have some sort of spirit beast of its own, we need a new spirit beast, it should be anything, I don’t want more cat, or wolf, or porcupine, we need a spirit boar or hydra, or even a spiritual tauralus, but for many people, a spider would be a good candidate for a new spirit beast
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Imo, anything that is added that is a spirit should be a spirit beast. The Shade of Dambala and the Corpse Tickler are two examples of creatures that are spirits and should be spirit beasts. After Manasabers were added, the family is not that small and exclusive anymore.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I'm still hoping for a Pink Tallstrider Spirit Beast. I'd go Beast Mastery for that. :c

Especially if it was named like Maizzranache. :P
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:00 am Imo, anything that is added that is a spirit should be a spirit beast. The Shade of Dambala and the Corpse Tickler are two examples of creatures that are spirits and should be spirit beasts. After Manasabers were added, the family is not that small and exclusive anymore.
I disagree.

Locking all spirit pets to beast mastery takes away fun from other specs.

If they ever remove exotic pets like has been asked, then I'd be all for it. But while Spirit Beasts are BM only, I would prefer there being spectral pets for MM/SV.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

My vote for new spirit beast is a ghost grub :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It's BASICALLY a spirit beast already, since it's imaginary and not even a real creature. Or, whip out the Windsteeds that were replaced by (objectively superior) bird horses. There's four tints of Windsteed, none are used, and they look unique enough to be spirit beasts out of the box.

Also worth mention are the Animites. They're spirit beasts without a doubt since they exist in a realm of spirits and are beasts that aren't just regular animals.

Of course, we're probably just getting a spectral <Shadowlands beast> anyway. We haven't had truly unique spirit beasts since Loque, and I doubt we'll get something fantastic.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Maizou wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:46 am But while Spirit Beasts are BM only, I would prefer there being spectral pets for MM/SV.
There's quite a few non spirit beast but still spirity pets that MM/SV can get. I refuse to tame any Spirit Beast, since I own the Grimtotem Spirit guide and always kinda was annoyed that they threw in an exact copy of him as a spirit beast.
There's Fangor the transparent Bat.
Emerald Spirit the Green Gem Spirit Owl and Olm the Wise, an owl that looks like a spirit beast with the blue ghostyness.
Varah the ghostly skull piggy.
Ghost Saber of course.
Plague, Shadowbeast , Phase Hound are all ghostly darkhounds.

I'm sure there are others as well. But there are thankfully a few options already :D

Siggy under construction!

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Bowno wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:24 am
Maizou wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:46 am But while Spirit Beasts are BM only, I would prefer there being spectral pets for MM/SV.
There's quite a few non spirit beast but still spirity pets that MM/SV can get. I refuse to tame any Spirit Beast, since I own the Grimtotem Spirit guide and always kinda was annoyed that they threw in an exact copy of him as a spirit beast.
There's Fangor the transparent Bat.
Emerald Spirit the Green Gem Spirit Owl and Olm the Wise, an owl that looks like a spirit beast with the blue ghostyness.
Varah the ghostly skull piggy.
Ghost Saber of course.
Plague, Shadowbeast , Phase Hound are all ghostly darkhounds.

I'm sure there are others as well. But there are thankfully a few options already :D
Yea, I know, that's what I like.

I was responding to Valnaaros saying all spirits should be spirit beasts. It'd kill the fun of pets for me if I HAD to be Beast Mastery to take an ethereal/spectral pet.
WerebearGuy wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:07 am
It's BASICALLY a spirit beast already, since it's imaginary and not even a real creature. Or, whip out the Windsteeds that were replaced by (objectively superior) bird horses. There's four tints of Windsteed, none are used, and they look unique enough to be spirit beasts out of the box.
I hope the pink elekk is tameable one day, but the currently existing ones likely will never be tameable, because they're coded to be invisible to players that aren't drunk.

The Wolpertinger behaves the same, if you aren't drunk you can't see the Wolpertinger another player has out, unless you're grouped with them. So it'd be kinda OP in PvP :P
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

this pet is great, I’m going to get it since I won’t see it after that one quest, unless we can party sync
hands down, one of the coolest spiritual non exotic pets I can find
this stag looks cool, too bad it won’t be tameable in SL, unless they lower the level cap and access 2 level ahead tameability like what they did with toxigore the alpha
I might go night fae only to tame this then switch, unless party sync can be done, this one is also a great candidate for non-spirit beast spectral pet, best part is, it has the new fading effects
this spider is close as it gets to a spirit beast type look, this spider is cool and I’m going to collect it, everyone grab this one if spectral pets are for you
if you want a new spectral right now along with the horse, here’s the arcane wyrms, which look like dragons, and are also spirit beast like, I love them, but I don’t want to have too many serpents
This is all the spectral pets, not ghostly like many pets, and now I’m thinking of making, you guessed it, another BM hunter, I want to tame only spectral and ghostly pets, nothing else, which race would tie to lore with the spirits, leveling a hunter is more fun than any other class, I can do it on a roleplay server as a spirit hunter
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I don’t suggest that anything that has already existed in the game be made into a Spirit Beast, but I do think that animals added from now on that are clearly spirits should be.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

This is all the things that are not exotic and are brought up for people who love the people with spectral pets that have cool effects with them, I want to know which race goes well with spectral beings since I want to make a spirit hunter on an RP server
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Probably a Troll, Tauren and Highmountain, Orc, Wildhammer Dwarf, Night Elf, Pandaren, Zandalari, or a more Shamanistic Draenei.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:42 pm Probably a Troll, Tauren and Highmountain, Orc, Wildhammer Dwarf, Night Elf, Pandaren, Zandalari, or a more Shamanistic Draenei.
Thanks for the suggestions, I’ve made a void elf, with the blue eyes and black hair, and pale skin to match it’s spiritual character, I can’t wait to RP once I reach max level