Hunter Pet head-turning behavior

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Hunter Pet head-turning behavior

Unread post by Vephriel »

Lupis wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:12 am I've honestly adored the head turning on my wolves, they feel much more alive- I wish there was a way to opt in or out of it, but I know that's asking a bit much! Admittedly it helps that they don't seem to do it a whole lot, and most of the time run facing forward or only turn towards my hunter every now and then.

That said, I've heard more bad than good, so I hope they do something about it. I love it, but wolves don't have models that break atrociously when they turn their heads. :,D
I like the head turning too but, I know I'm in the minority. :( I just think it gives them a lot of life.

I feel a good compromise would be to make it so they only turned their heads while you targetted them.

But man, I really do love seeing pets turn to look at you all on their own, or if you have a pair of pets out and walk by them, they follow your movement. I just think it's a really neat behaviour, I was so excited about it all through beta (minus the couple models that break really badly - like spiders did before they fixed it)
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I agree with having them only look at you when targeted. That way, you can control it.

Siggy under construction!

Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

Oh wow I thought I was imagining this!

My Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent frequently turns her to head to look at me and my husband told me it was just a weird angle, haha!

Personally I love it and I hope they keep it in.

edit: I just spent a while clicking her and she does actually only turn to look at me when I target then goes back to normal when I untarget, is this the fix?

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I'm on a high latency connection, so I'm not 100% sure, but it might be fixed. at least enough for hunter pets. My Draenor Elekk and Clefthoof are turning their heads when I target them, but in their idle position (and running beside me position) they looking where they're going. I'm trying to remember some statues that used to turn their heads. Even if they do, I find that more humorous than irritating.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

I am fine with head turning if you click on them, Or even for a second or two when they run back after the fight.
Not to be weird about it, but I hate people staring at me, I'd like npcs to look at me for a moment then go back to what they were doing.

Maybe make it a options toggle in general.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Can confirm this is now changed, hunter pets only turn to look at you if you target them. Companion pets are the same.

Regular NPCs are still automatic by proximity.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Thank goodness, because if I target a tamed owlsteed, it will do that hideous head turn where the ears just go through the neck, besides that I’m excited to level through bastion, hopefully I can get to maldraxxus the same night
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

A great change. I might u- ah who am I kidding I'm using my bird this expansion again. ONWARD!