Reminder: Shadow of Dambala

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Reminder: Shadow of Dambala

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Now that Renown can reach level 8, Night Fae hunters can obtain a unique pet; Shadow of Dambala. This is a spectral purple cobra that fades out the closer it is to the ground. To get it, you need only progress through the quest "Cleansing the Forest" until you fight Dambala. Start combat with him and let him cast his only cast, which spawns five of these pink snakes. You may want to use Aspect of the Turtle, because this hurts. A lot. If you're feeling gutsy, dismiss and tame a second one, or feign and start the encounter again when you've healed up. Word of warning though; do NOT tame Dambala unless you want to restart the quest, because Dambala will not respawn for you unless you start over by abandoning the quest.

Good news and bad news;
- Good: Dambala and Shadow of Dambala are phased to you, so you do not need to worry about others ruining your tame. They can't see your specific instances of the cobras.
- Bad: This also means you can't share the quest to spawn it. I tried bringing a friend on his hunter, but we were phased. Shadow of Dambala is 100% Night Fae only.

Get your ghostly snakes, because once you do the quest, you will never have a chance at it again. If you are not Night Fae and want this...well, you know what you need to do.

EDIT: Shadow of Dambala does not turn invisible with Camouflage. It gains all the benefits, and others can't see it as well, but you won't see it turn transparent. Not sure if this is a problem in pvp or not.
EDIT 2: I spent an hour dealing with the lowest of IQs in pvp, and can confirm that it acts normally in pvp. However, it appears that absolutely no shaders affect it; it will always appear as the purple transparent cobra. No red glow in Bestial Wrath, no clear body in Camouflage, no visual effects at all. In pvp, it'll "pop in" when it is visible (by someone being able to see it in close proximity), as an enemy player got on an alt and whispered me "how did you make your pet pop in and out like that?". No matter what, Shadow of Dambala is always purple, and can't have any visual effects applied to it.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_120820_200539.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120820_200539.jpg (189.12 KiB) Viewed 7724 times
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Reminder: Shadow of Dambala

Unread post by Maizou »

Been waiting all week for this. Just make sure you do not turn into a Runestag when you're doing the Dambala fight, obviously you can't tame like that.

I feigned and waited for Turtle to be ready again to tame a second in case I ever play BM.
Glassdragon
Realm: US - Stormrage

Unread post by Glassdragon »

Awesome, thanks!
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

I wish i would of seen this the other day, i had no idea and already did this quest lol
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for the reminder! I'll tweet about it :)

Also, I stole your screenshot for the post, Maizou. Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wait, can another Night Fae (who has or hasn't done the quest) see your phase? Or are you completely solo-phased?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

For me at least it was phased in such a way that you can see other people but they're not attacking "your" version of Dambala. I sat back and waited while a bunch of people ran in to do their quest just in case; they all turned into stags, charged and healed themselves but Dambala didn't attack, take damage or spawn shadows even when it was clear the others had finished and left. Nothing happened until I attacked, so you yourself have to attack them to get them to spawn and so are the only one to see them.

That said, I didn't think to try in a party and have already completed the quest. If I can find someone who hasn't done it yet I'll try it out with them.

For completion, here's my shot of the pretty ghost snakes:

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

So, something weird happens when you use this pet in Tirna Scithe.

It only happens in Tirna Scithe (the outdoor area, not the dungeon). It doesn't do damage or anything, you just get a giant snake on your screen.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

That happens with the Unicorn guy that comes with you.
Anything that is not a player that gets smacked with that attack will have the same thing happen.

Siggy under construction!

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Bowno wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:37 am That happens with the Unicorn guy that comes with you.
Anything that is not a player that gets smacked with that attack will have the same thing happen.
I had it happen last week, before this quest was available. I just didn't capture it.