Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:38 am Gorgers and Animites have both shown that it is possible to tame them. Devourers, which are the more humanoid ones, have shown so far that they cannot be controlled in any form. I think that it would be good if they made a new family for Gorgers and Animites in 9.1, kind of like what they did for blood beasts in 8.1
That would be great.

The uhh.. Devourers are the big lanky humanoid ones, right? I agree there, if so. :P And yeah, the Gorger questline is basically like taming your own mount and it's surprising how endearing it is and it just got me to wondering why they weren't tameable. You know, as I walked around with a growing Gorger next to my character already looking like a pet.

On a semi-related note, the Animites, Gorgers and Devourers are all invasive, right? They don't hail from any of the four places we go to, if I recall? Maybe in a patch, 9.1, or 9.2, we're going to their place of origin. Would indeed be a good time to add them as a family and maybe make a questline or item for hunters to learn to tame them.

Pic with my DH in this case since that character got the item to start the questline.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

When I do mythics with my friends, I always call the big guys "alien gorillas". The gorilla family needs some love, and other families have clearly alien and unusual things. Examples; Feathermanes being a hodgepodge of feathered animals, hounds having living armor and flaming skeletons, lizards having non-reptilian animals, ravagers having silithids, rays in general, and serpents having dragons. Really, I just want them to be gorillas so I can laugh at my friend who said they're nothing like gorillas (he's right, but still).

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

That seems like an awesome idea, we need a name for the family for those anima creatures, we need the following creatures, skill or not, to be tameable
- Soul Eaters aka balrog dragons, possibly warp stalkers or lizards
- Anima Gorgers and Mites, idk where mites and gorgers belong
- wicker beasts, bears and cats in their respective families, no to hounds due to only being constructs and not true beasts like the bears and cats
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Qraljar wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:43 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:38 am Gorgers and Animites have both shown that it is possible to tame them. Devourers, which are the more humanoid ones, have shown so far that they cannot be controlled in any form. I think that it would be good if they made a new family for Gorgers and Animites in 9.1, kind of like what they did for blood beasts in 8.1
That would be great.

The uhh.. Devourers are the big lanky humanoid ones, right? I agree there, if so. :P And yeah, the Gorger questline is basically like taming your own mount and it's surprising how endearing it is and it just got me to wondering why they weren't tameable. You know, as I walked around with a growing Gorger next to my character already looking like a pet.

On a semi-related note, the Animites, Gorgers and Devourers are all invasive, right? They don't hail from any of the four places we go to, if I recall? Maybe in a patch, 9.1, or 9.2, we're going to their place of origin. Would indeed be a good time to add them as a family and maybe make a questline or item for hunters to learn to tame them.

Pic with my DH in this case since that character got the item to start the questline.
That is correct. They have not been shown to be capable of controlling and, imo, they look too humanoid.

Yes, and it is speculated that they originate from the In-Between, which is the area between all areas of the Shadowlands.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:56 pm
Qraljar wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:43 pm
That would be great.

That is correct. They have not been shown to be capable of controlling and, imo, they look too humanoid.

Yes, and it is speculated that they originate from the In-Between, which is the area between all areas of the Shadowlands.
Oh, the In-Between. Blizzard has already indicated that they plan to take us there at some point. I guess that makes sense, then. :D
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, I guess the In-Between is a bit like the Shadowlands version of the Nether.

I wouldn't mind seeing animites combined with blood ticks from Zandalar in a new family (and break up the more artificial blood beast family). They're clearly of the same body plan and they both survive by draining life energy, just the originals were adapted to draining it from living blood and the new ones from anima. To me, animites feel a lot like blood ticks evolved for life in Shadowlands.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Since the blood beast is a skilled family, they can revamp the family where the models require specific skills just like cloud serpents and undead, they would have to replace the blood beast’s abilities to fit both, it is really complicated to put entirely different creatures in the same family, gorgers and animites can be put in some sort of family of their own, or can be a skill required pet that gets put in an older family, well anyway we ran out of beasts to become tameable since almost every beast, excluding grubs, soul eaters, brutosaurs, wicker bears and sabers, and those in-between creatures even though they are not beasts
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Triple trouble.
Attachments
TrippleTrouble1.JPG
TrippleTrouble1.JPG (136.55 KiB) Viewed 4190 times

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

That’s some good pictures, how do you make pictures that cool Kalasta
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Last edited by Varethyn on Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Skeppio
Realm: Khaz'Goroth (US)

Unread post by Skeppio »

Cool new tames in the latest Night Fae campaign chapter.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

More beasts found that keep their name; Windward Saber and Windward Huntress. Lemlia Luna on the secret finders discord found them.
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=65612/windward-saber
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=63538/windward-huntress

My Flight Rising lair

Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WoWScrnShot_121020_235152.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121020_235152.jpg (65.52 KiB) Viewed 3875 times
Hello friends, I just became the first person to now own a Purple death roc, if you want your own, read this
1. Go to Plaguefall on normal, don't try on lvl 60 due to it being 1 level higher and elite
2. Do it as you are leveling and reset the dungeon until you find the purple death roc color
Happy hunting, don't wait until you level a venthyr covenant, instead do it while leveling, this character is a necrolord and lvl 52
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Not to downplay Worgpower's tips, but we did discover that the initial Plagueroc in Plaguefall (that is, the one that's scripted and flies at the Maldraxxi dudes) is tameable at level 60. I hit instance limit to see which colors were possible, and through humorous expositions of my own color blindness, we have these numbers at least; 4 green, 1 purple, 5 dark grey. I got the purple on instance limit, and I very well might've mistaken with the last color. Either way, at least 3 skins are available in Plaguefall right at the start, with zero combat required to reach it.

No exclusives or waiting. Just run in to Plaguefall, and play the skin roulette! The cost is one instance out of your ten per hour limit!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_121120_040045.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121120_040045.jpg (318.86 KiB) Viewed 3856 times

My Flight Rising lair

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

This specific skin just won't show up anywhere. I missed my chance at Lor the Loyal and Ventun the Ravenous, the Beastwarrens aren't showing the various ones listed there (Likely due to the biweekly hunt nonsense), the Mawsworn Seekers in Skoldus Hall are the grey color instead of the "white" one above, and the Mawsworn Seeker that's supposedly in Cocyrus is not there. I gave up trying to find the Assassin version because it's ALWAYS one of three annoying dudes rather than the beast. Other than Lor and Ventun, I don't think this look is actually available outside of that first quest where you go into Skoldus. I actually spent half an hour in Skoldus Halls, letting Mawsworn Seekers spawn, and they always spawned as the grey tone. Next Beastwarrens with the correct enemies is on Tuesday, so I'm definitely keeping my eyes peeled, but as far as I can tell, this skin isn't available if you miss Lor and Ventun. Someone needs to prove me wrong, because I want all three skins.

My Flight Rising lair

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Not sure how none of us noticed, but Packmother Soulfang is not tameable. Perhaps during beta, but definitely not on live. Beast lore says no, Tame Beast says no.
https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=163282

My Flight Rising lair

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:43 pm Not sure how none of us noticed, but Packmother Soulfang is not tameable. Perhaps during beta, but definitely not on live. Beast lore says no, Tame Beast says no.
https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=163282
Thanks for letting us know. It must be another one that was hotfixed. She was previously tameable and kept her name. :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm a bit slow, but I believe I've fixed all the blue/teal vulpen to be listed under their correct colours now. Unfortunately the light in Ardenweald exaggerates blue tints, making it hard to tell them apart. The easiest way is actually to look at the tops of their legs: the light blue ones have the same colour on their legs, while the "teal blue" ones have a grey colour on there. It's the only thing that remains unmistakable in all lighting conditions.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:22 am
This specific skin just won't show up anywhere. and the Mawsworn Seeker that's supposedly in Cocyrus is not there. I gave up trying to find the Assassin version because it's ALWAYS one of three annoying dudes rather than the beast. Other than Lor and Ventun, I don't think this look is actually available outside of that first quest where you go into Skoldus. I actually spent half an hour in Skoldus Halls, letting Mawsworn Seekers spawn, and they always spawned as the grey tone. Next Beastwarrens with the correct enemies is on Tuesday, so I'm definitely keeping my eyes peeled, but as far as I can tell, this skin isn't available if you miss Lor and Ventun. Someone needs to prove me wrong, because I want all three skins.
You're right that the Mawsworn Seeker inside Torghast is the grey one. Sorry. I fixed that.

But the ones in the open Maw area (Cocyrus) are definitely light. In fact I've seen them recently. What phase are you in? I'm wondering if some quest is blocking them. :/
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

To note, there's a new Raven skin in the Maw, but it's untameable. Well, "new"

They look like regular Teal-Black Ravens, but... I don't know how to explain it. They look like they're fading into smoke in game.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=175699/soul-feaster

You can see the effect is visible on wowhead too, so it's not just a fancy effect as wowhead rarely has temporary effects on their modelviewer. They have a swirly black effect around them on the model viewer.

In-game screenshot: As you can see, even though they're the teal ravens, the effect on them makes them look grey and black, and their wings are partially transparent.