Risen Gargantuan is tameable (Quest and WQ) (Horde only)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Risen Gargantuan is tameable (Quest and WQ) (Horde only)

Unread post by Aroim »

Edit: I also found a way to trigger the bug in the WQ (!N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth and patience or luck needed!)
This is not my find, Sebleb from WoW Secret Finding stumbled upon it by accident.
But I figured out how this bug is triggered

First of all: The quest you need for this is https://www.wowhead.com/quest=47229/bulwark-of-torcali#
This quest, is the Blood Gate storyline, which you can then accept when you have completed the storyline in Zuldazar and Nazmir. (This is a Horde quest)
This wooden post must stand between you and the vehicle, as I am standing there (a little too far to the right or left could no longer work) if you click on the vehicle, you will not mount it, you will be in the phase with the Risen Gargantuan and can then tame them

The WQ Version

The World Quest that is required is called: Old Rotana

Basically it's simple, activate your N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth and fear Old Rotana, until it's on the wall of the house like on my screenshot, maybe one of the other objects / buildings in this World Quest area will also work.

I recommend using the Freezing Trap to hold Rotana where you want it, as well as Binding Shot.
If she walks somewhere she shouldn't, shoot at her, but be careful, when she is no longer under the effects of Scare Beast or Freezing Trap she will run back to her place.

Last edited by Aroim on Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Risen Gargantuan is tameable (maybe Horde only)

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Neat! Nice job figuring out how the bug works :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This is a pretty cool find! A shame it's restricted to Horde players who haven't yet done the quest (though hopefully other Horde hunters could get in via quest sync?)

It makes me wonder if other vehicle quests might also have this bug, but it sounds like it's limited to one where a physical object is close to the vehicle, so can get in your way.

Unless anyone can think of some other situation/condition that might block someone mounting a vehicle. Like, say, a toy you're using at the same time as you click on the vehicle that might block you mounting.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've been in love with the look of these hooded ones and was hoping one day we'd get them, I can confirm Aroim's method works like a charm. Make sure you're positioned behind the wooden post (it's a physical object that's attached to the direhorn's saddle, not something on the ground, but it has collision detection for some reason as it's a separate object), and then you'll "mount" the vehicle but it won't actually work, thus phasing you and leaving you free to tame.

Do note: you will have to complete both the Zuldazar AND Nazmir main quest chains (until you get the zone achievement for each) to unlock the "Ticks" quest that opens this up if you're doing this on a fresh character. I didn't go for this pet on my main as I'd already completed the quests long ago, plus she has her own skeletal devilsaur already and this model wouldn't suit him, as cool as it is.

Hoping this stays available as I'd love one on my zandalari hunter in the future, but until then I grabbed one on my undead hunter just in case. :)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_060821_001039.jpg
WoWScrnShot_060821_001039.jpg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 6854 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've now added the devilsaur. See the link:

It took me a while because I had to make a whole set of new look images in the process. Up until now, every skeletal devilsaur with armour has been consistent, with one armour colour matching one body colour. I deliberately ignored the Risen Gargantuan because it bucked that trend, but also wasn't tameable. Now I've had to take images and add looks for every possible armour/body combo, 60 looks total :P See: https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php? ... devilsaurs
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

A shame it's limited to a horde quest, but it doesn't bother me since I'm not that big on Devilsaurs. Regardless, it's a glitch tame and I love seeing these found. Here's hoping we find more like this!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Good news, I was able to test with someone and Party Sync allows you to access this devilsaur again if you've already completed the quest in the past. :)

I had Loremaster finished on Vephriel during BfA but someone else quested up to unlocking Bulwark of Torcali, party synced, and I could see the quest again and pick it up to phase me in properly.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_060821_140138.jpg
WoWScrnShot_060821_140138.jpg (2.14 MiB) Viewed 6668 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:06 pm Good news, I was able to test with someone and Party Sync allows you to access this devilsaur again if you've already completed the quest in the past. :)

I had Loremaster finished on Vephriel during BfA but someone else quested up to unlocking Bulwark of Torcali, party synced, and I could see the quest again and pick it up to phase me in properly.
That's great news! Thanks for testing! :)
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

I can share the quest on EU :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Risen Gargantuan is tameable (Quest and WQ) (Horde only)

Unread post by worgpower »

I can definitely get help on this one, I’m US, private message me
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Can anyone think of other vehicle quests where you might be able to use the N'lyeth toy to aggro the vehicle to a corner and tame NPCs in the quest phase?

Checking the Petopia database, I can think of a few, but the only one that has a good chance of being viable is the Zuldazar quest right after the Rotana one, called "Zandalar Forever!", I think is also a vehicle quest and has hordes of NPCs in it that you kill on dino-back. Actually, I think you can dismount in this one (I could be remembering wrong) but nobody ever tested the Blood Crawgs in there. They're flagged tameable, just untested.

Other vehicle quests that are less promising:
- the Hungry Hungry Hydras WQ in Nazjatar, in the caves in the northwest corner, where you feed up a hydra and ride it to kill the Cracklemaw Colossus giant worm. Actually, I'm pretty sure that worm isn't flagged tameable, nor are its adds (Cracklemaw Spawn).
- the Time to Krill WQ in Nazjatar has a murloc vehicle, but I don't think you can bug it with this trick as you need to click on an egg not the NPC, so the egg probably won't aggro. There are a whole lot of different snapdragons in that phase. No unique looks though.
- Revenge of Krag'wa WQ has an undead dino in it (Unliving Battlebeast) but I don't think it's flagged tameable.
- Kyrian-only quest in Ardenweald: Seeds Away!. You fly on a Fae and kill some Enraged Gorm that are flagged tameable. But probably not viable as you can't use the N'lyeth toy in Shadowlands and there's only a tiny chance there's a way of bugging the vehicle mount.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I haven't been able to find any way to replicate the glitch for Hungry Hungry Hydras. Even with the Sliver, you cannot attack or fear the vehicle npc.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for trying, anyway!

Aroim tested out Zandalar Forever! You actually don't need to use the vehicle (ride Rezan) to stay in phase in that one, so it was easy to test, and allowed him to confirm the Blood Crawg and one more undead devilsaur are tameable. Neither has a unique appearance though.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, I noticed that when reading through the wowhead comments regarding that class. I guess it has been a bug that has existed for a while, but good to know now :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I don't know if this one is even a beast, but in the quest Will of the Titans, you take control of Soo-hulu. Another to the list of things to try out.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Vorrik's Vengeance cannot be bugged.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:45 pm I don't know if this one is even a beast, but in the quest Will of the Titans, you take control of Soo-hulu. Another to the list of things to try out.
I'm not sure that one would work. The only way the glitch could potentially be performed requires that the vehicle is a separate npc that you can interact with. Soo-hulu, if I remember right, is something that you transform into, so you wouldn't be able to Scare Beast or anything like that, unfortunately.

Edit: Just tested it out. When you leave the vehicle, Soo-hulu is there as an npc for a few seconds, but then despawns. However, even if it she didn't go away, she is friendly and so there isn't any way to interact with her.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Bah, "friendly" is the biggest issue plaguing the game in terms of fun pets.
theASCHE360

Unread post by theASCHE360 »

Vephriel wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:06 pm Good news, I was able to test with someone and Party Sync allows you to access this devilsaur again if you've already completed the quest in the past. :)

Hello! I'm having trouble using the party sync feature to re-do this Quest with my hunter mian :/
I just finished leveling and unlocking this quest with a new alt, but when I try to party sync it with my hunter, the quest appears grayed out and I'm unable to share it, or even start it :(

I tried to abandon the quest before the sync and it allowed me to re do the previous quests with the alt, but they never re appeared for my main :/
Could you pls tell me how did you sync it?

I hope its not fixed or patched, I want that pet lol
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

theASCHE360 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:54 am

Hello! I'm having trouble using the party sync feature to re-do this Quest with my hunter mian :/
I just finished leveling and unlocking this quest with a new alt, but when I try to party sync it with my hunter, the quest appears grayed out and I'm unable to share it, or even start it :(

I tried to abandon the quest before the sync and it allowed me to re do the previous quests with the alt, but they never re appeared for my main :/
Could you pls tell me how did you sync it?

I hope its not fixed or patched, I want that pet lol
Hey,
That means you haven't done the quest with your Hunter yet, at least it sounds like it