Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by Wain »

Ok, thanks! Maybe I was just unlucky.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Yeah, I felt pretty lucky when doing it. I've never seen as many of that rare as I did when resetting on beta. Hell, I haven't seen it on live for a few years when leveling alts. Still, it's amazing that it's on a rare; that means a retained name (hopefully)!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

They should just make it only orange, color gambling in deviate caverns is going to be quite annoying, this pet will make us not want to go back to this dungeon for a good amount of time
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Hard disagree. Both colors should stay, as some may want either color with the fancy retained name (assuming it retains). Orange is just a bonus, like a shiny Pokemon.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I went and checked it out tonight. I estimate it appears in orange around 1 in 5 times - tested by targetting it and hitting F6 (the bug reporter) over and over. I was lucky and found it in orange the first time it spawned.

This really isn't too bad. You only have to run in, check for it at the entrance, run out and reset until it appears. You're not competing with anyone, so it's not a lot of effort for a one-off tame. Or two if you want a pair.

DeviateFaerieDragon-WC1.png
DeviateFaerieDragon-WC1.png (378.59 KiB) Viewed 3427 times

(I colour-adjusted this one to remove some of the zone atmospheric shading).
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

We know our orange gecko is available now, but now the painful wait begins for obtaining it. Here's hoping the discovery doesn't change when we get it on live and finally unlock the taming ability. I'll be parking in Wailing Caverns on live the day before prepatch to make sure it's still like that when it hits, though we still can't beast lore dragonkin yet.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The Veilwing skin i want is also super rare, it only appears on a rare elite world quest by uninstanced tirna scithe, and it’s called Shan’ala, lost to the tangle, probably the coolest name too, I can be a rare dragon collector and also collect the orange fey darter
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Makhra the Ashtouched (rare at Nokhudon Hold, Ohn'ahran Plains) is tameable in the latest build, so that's a second tameable phoenix colour, finally!

Unfortunately it's currently misclassified as a Carrion Bird - all other phoenixes are Birds of Prey. But great to see the colour become available.

Here it is, with the standard yellow one for comparison.
Makhra.png
Makhra.png (767.59 KiB) Viewed 3201 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I'll gladly allow the phoenixes to be carrion birds, since that lets them be useful. I still don't like them since they have the same flaws as the raptora from Zereth Mortis, but I'm glad more options are becoming available regardless.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:59 am I'll gladly allow the phoenixes to be carrion birds, since that lets them be useful. I still don't like them since they have the same flaws as the raptora from Zereth Mortis, but I'm glad more options are becoming available regardless.
I’d also prefer them to be carrion birds, there are carrion phoenixes in waking shores, and one thing I wanted to point out is about dread ravens, I still don’t understand why they ended up in birds of prey when their relatives the normal crow model end up in carrion birds, dread rocs make sense since they’re mutated eagles, death rocs would of been a great addition to carrion birds, because in my opinion too many looks, but I’m very excited to see the orange phoenix getting added
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Any news of us being able to respec our pets in dragonflight?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

CrankyClaw

Unread post by CrankyClaw »

worgpower wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:36 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:59 am I'll gladly allow the phoenixes to be carrion birds, since that lets them be useful. I still don't like them since they have the same flaws as the raptora from Zereth Mortis, but I'm glad more options are becoming available regardless.
I’d also prefer them to be carrion birds, there are carrion phoenixes in waking shores, and one thing I wanted to point out is about dread ravens, I still don’t understand why they ended up in birds of prey when their relatives the normal crow model end up in carrion birds, dread rocs make sense since they’re mutated eagles, death rocs would of been a great addition to carrion birds, because in my opinion too many looks, but I’m very excited to see the orange phoenix getting added
Blizzard needs a science officer. They do so many things with plants, rocks, animals that are close to RL, but then they get totally wrong. If you're going to mimic RL, then get it right.

A classic example was in BfA where one fish called a "salmon" had an icon that looked like a trout, and a fish called a "trout" had an icon that looked like salmon.. WTF.. just switch those!
CrankyClaw

Unread post by CrankyClaw »

Maria wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:21 pm Any news of us being able to respec our pets in dragonflight?
Nope, not happening now. Maybe a future patch, but no sign they are considering it.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Rats... thank you. I had hoped they would allow it..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

CrankyClaw wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:51 pm
worgpower wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:36 am
Blizzard needs a science officer. They do so many things with plants, rocks, animals that are close to RL, but then they get totally wrong. If you're going to mimic RL, then get it right.

A classic example was in BfA where one fish called a "salmon" had an icon that looked like a trout, and a fish called a "trout" had an icon that looked like salmon.. WTF.. just switch those!
That’s odd, even the deepcoral snapdragon and snapdragon kelpstalker had their icons switched to the opposites of each other, so I usually make a macro with the correct icon if I use these mounts, the fish icons shouldn’t of been rushed on, but I’m still heavier on dread raven and Crow family differences since they’re practically the same species with a different size and distribution
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I imagine this has been found by now, but my searches didn't turn up any posts, and its too silly to not report.

In Dragonsprings Summit, Ohn'ahran Plains, there is a particular Springshell Snapper that spawns with a duck on his head. I couldn't target the duck by itself, it was all one model as far as I can tell, and taming the turtle loses the duck. However when I did tame, the turtle did respawn with his duck friend. Totes adorbs.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Imagine taming the duck, and it comes with a turtle mount. Like, it's a waterfowl in every way, but the turtle mount is the one that attacks rather than the duck. Man, that has so many ridiculous possibilities, and I know that fun like that will never be considered.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Lol I hope it stays, it will be the same procedure as the saurolisks with the trogg rider portraits and the Rylaks in frostfire ridge with the Orcs still riding it, we need more pets with objects on them
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It would be a hilarious pet if it stayed. Ah well :)
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Duck race with racial turtle mount, next expansion.