Blizzard and the Vorquin foals

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Blizzard and the Vorquin foals

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Last night while trying to sleep started thinking and remembering all the times us hunters managed to somehow find a way to tame a new pet either by accident or dare I say exploit and there were actually some that I now believe were exactly that which is why Blizzard had to step in and remove said pets yet on the other hand we had some sneaky tricks up our sleeves to find ways to turn an ordinary animal into a hunter pet but because it wasn't gaming the system if you will Blizzard let it slide and allowed those pets to remain and they remain to this day. Why am I writing all of this and what does this all mean for the Vorquin foals?

Going as far back as I can remember being a Wrath baby I wish I had played hunter back then because I might have been a lucky one to have snagged one of those special pets during that time that to this day Blizzard has allowed to remain now if anyone has a better memory please correct me but during that time hunters were able to tame the oil stained wolf and it retained its oil coat through what I am guessing is like our foals where Blizzard added them to the game and forgot to mark them as untamable until a certain amount have tamed them thereby shutting the door on future tames but the thing I think is interesting here is the fact these wolves are open world we can go right now to Northrend and watch them or kill them and that to me is a part of Blizzard's thinking behind allowing a pet to stay or not.

Also and I will need help here but around same time wasn't there a boar with fire skin or was that BC either way if I remember didn't Blizzard allow those to also be kept by hunters after turning the switch and not let them be tamable anymore but again the thing is I believe like the wolves they were in the open world where anyone could walk up to one and hit tame beast for fun. Now my final Wrath memory is the slime pet that some hunters were able to tame and I again believe Blizzard allowed them to keep to this day I don't know much about this one just that it fit in with the first two and was allowed to remain.

Moving along I really can't think of anything Blizzard did or didn't allow us to tame from Cataclysm through MOP until during Thunder Isle hunters were finding a way to tame those baby direhorns I remember doing everything I could at that time just to try and get one even had friends on my battle tag who were doing it but I was never offered the chance but looking back now I am glad I never did because that hunter is long gone. Back to the direhorns not sure how it was to happen but someone found a way to make them tamable then had a warlock, always a warlock, summon I believe the hunter to Thunder Isle and tame the pet. Here is the good thing those hunters kept their pets to this day and I believe because again they were in the open world anyone could walk by and if they knew the trick tame one there was no exploiting going on that I recall.

Before I finish up on a high note with Legion onward let us take a look back at the times Blizzard did step in and removed the pet from hunters and if there are any I miss please let me know.

Way back I seem to recall hunters managed to tame a worgen that is right a worgen I don't remember all the details believe was back in Wrath but Blizzard did step in and remove said pet from hunters before it got out of hand which makes sense because worgens are sentient beings it would be like us now taming a Druid or a greater Dragonkin one like the Aspects or those on Dragon Isles.

Another time Blizzard stepped in was in Legion around the time we first got Hati remember we had the swapper thing that allowed us to change Hati to any pet in our stable because we got tired of always looking at him. And yes in the beginning even I hated Hati wanted nothing to do with the annoying mutt how times have changed. Anyway after players got this swapper they found ways to exploit and glitch the system there were murlocs, I think someone had a worgen again even a demon made it as a pet I think so Blizzard was like oh hell no and put a stop to this foolishness and took away everyone's swapper pet making us redo it which tome was fine cause I only used what was in my stable at the time. I am sure I missed some others that slipped through the swapper cracks and had to be replaced but it was a mess.

Now comes the part I never forgave Blizzard for until recently because it really burned when it happened and yet what led tome finally forgiving them is realizing exactly what it was that did in fact happen I am talking about #Puppygate where hunters went into the Druid class hall and tamed a wolf puppy now I don't remember if it was the actual class hall or just the outside part but we had a warlock, again with a warlock, and I believe a Druid summon hunters to this area so we can tame these cute little guys. Just like my foals I kept my puppy hidden at all times and all costs because I didn't want to lose it even now still doing same thing with my foals.

So many puppies found new homes it was amazing really brought the hunter community together for only to have Blizzard step in and destroy it all by ripping these puppies away from us and replacing them with an ugly old wolf that I bet no one kept I sure as hell didn't first time after #puppygate I saw it abandoned the thing in some lava and laughed as it died. Hunters were crushed we were pissed and heart broken how could Blizzard do this to us we had something cool and it is now gone I might be wrong but I thought a lot wanted to quit then and there I know I did which yes was a stupid decision but you got to realize we lost a pet.

Now years later and #puppygate is a distant memory I have moved on even deleted the hunter it happened on so again good thing it never happened right I look back and see how wrong not only I was but it was as well you see #puppygate was a exploit we were gaming the system and it was a miracle none of us got in serious trouble only had the pets removed because we were somewhere we were not meant to be which is why Blizzard stepped in and did what they dd I am thankful to Blizzard for just removing the pets and not banning any of us over #puppygate.

Now during Legion came a wolf named Hati and even though he wasn't anything special like these others he was special not only to me but to a lot of you because when we learned Blizzard was going to take him away from us both hunters and non hunters jumped into action to #SaveHati and #Hunters4Hati I remember the forums were on fire with us all begging for Hati to come back I even wrote a tweet and a post on Twitter and forums on how to do a quest to unite Hati's essences and though it wasn't all used the basic idea of us going to Silithus and Northrend to unite him again was a part of my idea plus I'm sure many others.

I remember in Legion seeing him staring at me for the first time I didn't know what to think remember he was broken as hell his AI sucked and he was just the dumbest thing ever why I called him an annoying storm mutt it wasn't until Blizzard finally started to tweak him did he settle down and became what he is today my annoying, lovable and so cuddly storm mutt I can't imagine my hunters without Hati now even those who never met him get sent there to tame him that is how much he means to me.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all those hunters and non hunters who helped along the way on our journey to #SaveHati together we showed Blizzard we truly were the #Hunters4Hati and thank you Blizzard for listening to us and not ignoring the cries of sadness when we lost our wolf I'm sure even Blizzard watched as hunters sent him off for a final farewell as Legion came to an end.

BFA up to Shadowlands really didn't have much to offer what was meant to be tamed was tamable and what wasn't was ignored but again if I am mistaken please correct me about only thing worth mentioning here is Blizzard making it so rares, elites and quest tames kept their names which was something I always wanted even made hunters solely to tame named pets. But in Dragonflight something got crossed what happened why are some pets not keeping their names ok Lesser Dragonkin maybe understandable because they are brand new but come on how can we tame the Forgotten Gryphon which is a rare feathermane only for it to return back as a feathermane. I will say I am glad Bloodgullet the new spirit beast kept its name as did the Skyfeather gryphon and I'm sure there are some others so it isn't all bad just need to go through and check if the switch toretain name is flipped.

Now here comes Dragonflight and two new pet families to tame granted gated behind a steep renown wall it is possible to get over the hump as many are doing and have done really only two pets made the spotlight and both are still around though one is now untamable and the other may follow though I hope not. The baby mammoth and baby Vorquin both found early in the open world where anyone could walk by and hit tame beast oh look new pet. Mammoth has been fixed while Vorquin still remains as I tamed two more tonight for when I run old content but here is the thing both are still in our stables and that I firmly believe is because they came from the open world there was no glitch there was no gaming the system like #puppygate.

For what it is worth if what I have noticed from past tamings is this if the pets are open world and not bothering anyone nor do players have to dare I say exploit or game the system then Blizzard doesn't care sure they may flip the switch to prevent more being tamed but they will not remove those already tamed history has shown us this. While if the pets were tamed through a suspect way which caused players to go where they weren't allowed or trying to tame something too close to human then Blizzard will step in and make it right.

Thank you for reading this and I hope I have enlightened some of you on the history between Blizzard and us hunters as to why I believe they remove some pets, #puppygate, and allow us to keep others such as baby direhorn, mammoth and Vorquin foals.

Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Re: Blizzard and the Vorquin foals

Unread post by Tsukina »

As always, I apologize for my poor level of English and need to use an automatic translator... I hope you understand everything.
Also and I will need help here but around same time wasn't there a boar with fire skin or was that BC either way if I remember didn't Blizzard allow those to also be kept by hunters after turning the switch and not let them be tamable anymore but again the thing is I believe like the wolves they were in the open world where anyone could walk up to one and hit tame beast for fun.
If you mean the ones from the Barrens (Boar, strider and another specie, using the xploit of some seeds from a mission), they were removed because they had a bug, they prevented them from being targeted, not even with a macro, giving an advantage pretty obvious, where the best way to nullify a beast hunter overall was to kill the pet first.
Moving along I really can't think of anything Blizzard did or didn't allow us to tame from Cataclysm through MOP until during Thunder Isle
Before Isle of Thunder but in Pandaria, there were 2 tame ones that were quickly "fixed", the 2 caterpillars, the desert orange and the green Ungoro.
BFA up to Shadowlands really didn't have much to offer what was meant to be tamed was tamable and what wasn't was ignored but again if I am mistaken please correct me about only thing worth mentioning here is Blizzard making it so rares, elites and quest tames kept their names which was something I always wanted even made hunters solely to tame named pets.
With the Nzoth toy that makes you an enemy of both factions, there were some tamings that shouldn't be meant for them (especially in Nazjatar), none (I think) with unique designs but still, they weren't meant for it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The baby mammoths didn't require the exploit. Like the Vorquin foals, they were in the open world and you could just walk up to them and tame them. Same with the bear cubs in the DF alpha/beta, as well as some other baby animals that were briefly tameable in it. There isn't necessarily a rhyme or reason as to why Blizz will let some things remain tameable and others not. Perhaps they just haven't gotten around to making the foals untameable.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Tsukina wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:47 am
With the Nzoth toy that makes you an enemy of both factions, there were some tamings that shouldn't be meant for them (especially in Nazjatar), none (I think) with unique designs but still, they weren't meant for it.
The N’zoth sliver toy is not a exploit by any means, Blizzard decided to say haha and make these creatures, horses friendly to alliance and a horde wolf only tameable by the alliance can now somehow be tamed by the horde or alliance since people figured that if they’re hostile or neutral, they can be tamed, as for the cloud serpents, while it’s an amazing feeling to have a ivory cloud serpent as a pet, I felt horrible for the people who didn’t get the n’zoth toy on time, as for the baby mammoths and Vorquin foals, we should keep them, while I commonly see people taming a pair online, they’ll become rarer as time goes by and more new players join
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

There are others like Tucel or Tinitoa (Wrinklefin I think was fixed) in Nazjatar that If or if you need to pull Nzoth's Toy, give = whatever faction you are, if you don't use the toy, you can't "tame" them.

And outside of Nazjatar but in BfA there are some like Guardian of the Spring.
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Tsukina wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:05 pm There are others like Tucel or Tinitoa (Wrinklefin I think was fixed) in Nazjatar that If or if you need to pull Nzoth's Toy, give = whatever faction you are, if you don't use the toy, you can't "tame" them.

And outside of Nazjatar but in BfA there are some like Guardian of the Spring.
These pets are re-obtainable, however, if you have the toy.
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

The problem is that with many of these special appearance tames - they are no longer obtainable and therefore irreplaceable. (This used a petabandon script to get, or very good timing with the tame dieing just as the tame completed if I recall).
They are also at risk of losing their appearances should you forgot to stable them before going into Mythic keystone runs or arenas.

At that point, they revert back to what you would "normally" get - a standard boar, wolf, etc.

Seperate to appearance tames, would be those like the slime "crocolisk". Why allow those that were "fast" enough to keep them, yet prevent others obtaining it now?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'm still angry about the slime croc. I saw someone with it in the first couple days of Wrath, found out how to get it, and immediately switched to my hunter to get to that point. Got to 80, unlocked the Oracles, and patiently waited for the right daily. That daily NEVER SPAWNED until the same day the slime croc was made untameable. It wasn't disabled or anything; it was just completely random if that daily would appear, and it so happened that it just never popped up when I was waiting. Because of that absolutely frustrating situation, my hunter has always been the first to get leveled within the first few days of an expansion. I've missed a couple, since nobody ever talked about them until they were fixed like the grubs, but I've not missed any glitch tames since Pandaria. I've obviously lost a bunch of them, be it through Blizzard directly stealing them away (Garwal, fire patch raptor, etc) or through accidental timewalking and pvp shenanigans (flame boar, felfire crab, etc), but that won't stop me from taming glitches and keeping them until they go away.

I understand Blizzard's logic when removing unintended content, because it'd be weird if you ran around with something that should not be outside of its location like the Lich King. I don't like it being taken away, but it's logical why it would be removed since it's not intended. I just wish the seriousness would just be dropped and that they'd let us have fun with the totally harmless stuff, like baby ducks and golden Tsulongs.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Just checked my stable on my main and my foals are still there as well as last night tamed a few on other hunters in case the switch is flipped down the line. I stand by what I said in that Blizzard hardly if ever removes a pet from a stable if it is open world like these foals, mammoths and baby direhorns think about it all three fall into same grey area open world and harming no one plus Blizzard made the mistake we didn't do anything.

My foals, Moonscout and Flutterdash, are happy with my main and get so much attention.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I regret not getting one of the crocoslimes back in Wrath. I heard about them, but didn't want to risk getting in trouble for using an exploit or something.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Boven wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:36 pm I regret not getting one of the crocoslimes back in Wrath. I heard about them, but didn't want to risk getting in trouble for using an exploit or something.
Blizzard rarely banned for similar things, except if they affected gameplay like the campfire or buffed pets with damage auras. I have several pets from mis-flagged NPCs or exploits, never got banned because I tamed them.
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

Boven wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:36 pm I regret not getting one of the crocoslimes back in Wrath. I heard about them, but didn't want to risk getting in trouble for using an exploit or something.
I missed out mainly because I found out too late, and didn't have a high enough hunter at the time!
Keep reminding myself to level hunters first. Never do.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Darknez wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:58 am

I missed out mainly because I found out too late, and didn't have a high enough hunter at the time!
Keep reminding myself to level hunters first. Never do.
In MoP, my hunter became my raiding main, so he's always the first to level nowadays, fortunately!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Still got my foals even after this mornings reset plus been using them lot more in DF doing world quests and whatnot so they have been seen by many players already and if anyone asks how I got them my answer is they are part of a special hunter tame like the challenges we had back in MOP and Cata cause if you think about it getting to 23 is a challenge all its own. So happy mine as well as those who have them are still here meaning being an open world tame this is not even on Blizzards radar.