10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: 10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Unread post by Jangalian »

Couple more lynx raptor colors, mint striped and an unfortunate incident involving a candy striping machine, red and green.
Attachments
mintstripelynxraptor.jpg
mintstripelynxraptor.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 21584 times
redgreenlynxraptor.jpg
redgreenlynxraptor.jpg (1.94 MiB) Viewed 21584 times
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Jangalian wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:15 pm Couple more lynx raptor colors, mint striped and an unfortunate incident involving a candy striping machine, red and green.
Hahahahaha, I thought this creature already made me laugh, a clown nosed green lynx raptor, looks like a funny candidate for my stable
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Here's the ice blue dreamsaber! I'm rather hoping for a dark blue one...
Attachments
icebluedreamsaber.jpg
icebluedreamsaber.jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 21568 times
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Runethia
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Runethia »

Sul'Raka stealths around in a similar manner to the Pandaria rares with "heavy footprints" being left behind and needing to be flared to become visible. Uses the Kimbul model a few people asked for. :)

He also uses Kimbul's voice lines (I think) every time you click on him at the moment, which is amusing.

Slight Edit for more info: Sul'raka is considered a spirit beast, not a regular cat. Also appears the voice line bug went away after dismissing and resummoning.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_090723_213304.jpg
WoWScrnShot_090723_213304.jpg (741.31 KiB) Viewed 21568 times
Last edited by Runethia on Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Runethia wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:43 pm Sul'Raka stealths around in a similar manner to the Pandaria rares with "heavy footprints" being left behind and needing to be flared to become visible. Uses the Kimbul model a few people asked for. :)

He also uses Kimbul's voice lines (I think) every time you click on him at the moment, which is amusing.
Nice, where'd you pick up her trail?
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Runethia
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Runethia »

Jangalian wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:45 pm
Runethia wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:43 pm Sul'Raka stealths around in a similar manner to the Pandaria rares with "heavy footprints" being left behind and needing to be flared to become visible. Uses the Kimbul model a few people asked for. :)

Nice, where'd you pick up her trail?
I don't have any of the map uncovered since I've just been exploring and not questing, so I don't have any real map markers to go by at the moment, sorry. All I can give you is a couple screenshots.

Good news though, while I was sitting here more heavy tracks spawned again so it looks like the spawn timer is relatively short (20-30 mins) at the moment here on the PTR.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_090723_215426.jpg
WoWScrnShot_090723_215426.jpg (525.43 KiB) Viewed 21553 times
WoWScrnShot_090723_215551.jpg
WoWScrnShot_090723_215551.jpg (745.7 KiB) Viewed 21553 times
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Hey look what I found! There's a firelands bird attached to the quest "Forlorn Hope". He's tameable, but a certain NPC is there with you and keeps shooting spells at the bird. Feign didn't work once they had started attacking, the NPC was pulling a lot of aggro that I couldn't pull off. So I died, and when I rezzed it was far enough from the bird that combat hadn't started yet. A simple ice trap later, and I have one hot turkey dinner.

Edit - He's named Sylvanesh the....burning, I think. Does not keep the name. He's a little oversized!!
Attachments
firelandsbird.jpg
firelandsbird.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 21539 times
hotturkeydinner.jpg
hotturkeydinner.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 21514 times
Last edited by Jangalian on Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

If only the adorable bird stayed that big.

Shame owlbears are useless. I'm looking forward to the loa cat though!
The raptor cats look a lil silly.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Jangalian wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:45 pm Hey look what I found! There's a firelands bird attached to the quest "Forlorn Hope". He's tameable, but a certain NPC is there with you and keeps shooting spells at the bird. Feign didn't work once they had started attacking, the NPC was pulling a lot of aggro that I couldn't pull off. So I died, and when I rezzed it was far enough from the bird that combat hadn't started yet. A simple ice trap later, and I have one hot turkey dinner.

Edit - He's named Sylvanesh the....burning, I think. Does not keep the name. He's a little oversized!!
AAAAAAAAaAAaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!! I hope it stays tameable, first tameable proto drake skeleton, I’ve always wanted one
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

9 out of 10, that thing's getting changed or made untameable. Preferably just size adjustment, but knowing Blizzard, fun will be detected.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

braunmar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Grizzly Hills

Unread post by braunmar »

Hay was looking threw WOWHeads database and we might have another Spirit Beast.

Nah'qi <Herald of Change>

It uses the new Fire owl model.

https://www.wowhead.com/ptr-2/npc=210908/nahqi
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I posted that on the previous page, and it was found by someone on twitter. Shame it's grounded like the regular owls.

My Flight Rising lair

Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:00 pm
Jangalian wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:45 pm Hey look what I found! There's a firelands bird attached to the quest "Forlorn Hope". He's tameable, but a certain NPC is there with you and keeps shooting spells at the bird. Feign didn't work once they had started attacking, the NPC was pulling a lot of aggro that I couldn't pull off. So I died, and when I rezzed it was far enough from the bird that combat hadn't started yet. A simple ice trap later, and I have one hot turkey dinner.

AAAAAAAAaAAaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!! I hope it stays tameable, first tameable proto drake skeleton, I’ve always wanted one
As said before, 9/10 it will be made untamable, 10/10 will be resized. I still don't understand why people keep making the same mistakes over and over, but whatever.
braunmar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Grizzly Hills

Unread post by braunmar »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:06 pm I posted that on the previous page, and it was found by someone on twitter. Shame it's grounded like the regular owls.
Opps, missed that. Sorry for the double post.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WoWScrnShot_090723_204252.jpg
WoWScrnShot_090723_204252.jpg (222.09 KiB) Viewed 21422 times
Just got my mighty Proto Phoenix, I'll give you steps on how to tame it since it was a pain in the ass to try

Step 1 - Accept quest and start encounter

Step 2 - Let the bird kill you, Tyrande constantly keeps aggro no matter what you try in combat

Step 3 - try to rez where you died, but not too close

Step 4 - Freeze trap and tame, enjoy your firebird

Let's hope we can keep this model tameable, if so they can toggle tameability on older npcs from cata considering how hard it was to tame
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WoWScrnShot_090723_210302.jpg
WoWScrnShot_090723_210302.jpg (579.1 KiB) Viewed 21396 times
Orange fey lovers, the new orange one is tameable, you can try mix and match with the older ones, I notice that the colors are a bit lighter on the new ones, and the eyes are way better imo
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

braunmar wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:21 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:06 pm I posted that on the previous page, and it was found by someone on twitter. Shame it's grounded like the regular owls.
Opps, missed that. Sorry for the double post.
Nothing to apologize over. We're all excited to finally have some interesting content after a fairly lengthy drought, and we're posting fast. It's normal to miss some things on old pages during one's excitement. I didn't mean to make you feel like you made a mistake, so I apologize on that.

My Flight Rising lair

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:46 pm WoWScrnShot_090723_204252.jpg Just got my mighty Proto Phoenix, I'll give you steps on how to tame it since it was a pain in the ass to try

Step 1 - Accept quest and start encounter

Step 2 - Let the bird kill you, Tyrande constantly keeps aggro no matter what you try in combat

Step 3 - try to rez where you died, but not too close

Step 4 - Freeze trap and tame, enjoy your firebird

Let's hope we can keep this model tameable, if so they can toggle tameability on older npcs from cata considering how hard it was to tame
You don't need to let the bird kill you. You can slowly enter the phased area, and immediately throw the trap as soon as you see the bird. The fight doesn't begin unless you get close, and the trap's range is significant enough for you to not even trigger the fight. I got mine a bit ago by doing this. Still, I don't have high hopes of us being allowed to keep these on live. While taming the big fire bird doesn't cause issues now, keep in mind that this is a Blizzard game; it could cause bugs later that make absolutely no sense. They'll absolutely patch it out. I would absolutely love to be proven wrong since this is one of many fresh surprises in this patch, but I just don't trust Blizzard on letting us keep this.

My Flight Rising lair

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

A shrink would be great since giant pets aren’t fun to run around with, I found a reason why Dreamtalons should be cats, I found a cave where a rare black dreamtalon scares three babies which are referred to as cubs, it must be a mammalian predator with raptor adaptations, I hope it makes sense, Nonetheless, I’m happy we got lots of cool creatures to tame, this time I’m not disappointed at all compared to 10.1, i just hope the firebird stays, it’s not bizarre and different compared to fiery birds we have today and the hellhounds we tamed in shadowlands, a shrink would be the only efficient thing to keep it, I hope the fey dragons will have more colors before release, I want something new, not something similar to the old model since to many people they are completely identical, but this is a fast yet amazing start on our testing journey
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

I'm so excited for the new Sprite Darters!!! They look so much better. I saw some in a blue color but they're all dead :(
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_090823_011056.jpg
WoWScrnShot_090823_011056.jpg (454.69 KiB) Viewed 21267 times