10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: 10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

Wain wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:48 am And if you want to see all the other possible (currently unused) magma cobra combination looks, go to :
https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php? ... rockcobras

... and pop out the hidden menu labelled "Unused Combination Looks". There are some very cool possibilities there.

Like, this one would be a perfect shadowflame cobra:

This must of been a big time investment, but every single color is amazing, I haven’t seen any bad ones in the combinations, I hope I’ll get to see some of these in the future
SushiOrk
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by SushiOrk »

angellli00 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:00 pm Finally found her. :D
She flies high, circling Amirdrassil. Don't know the respawn timer, but I think it's more than one hour. Oh, and She is a Spirit Beast. ;)
How were you able to tame it? I've found it circling the tree but I can't seem to land anywhere close enough to tame it. Even hitting it and trying to fall it seems to tether back before I can find a place to land.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

You can safely grab it on the large root to the right of Amirdrasil, when you exit from under the tree, to the north east. Wait for the bird to be flying directly in front of the root, tag it, disengage/glide down to the root with as few movements as possible (minimize how much the bird goes left and right, basically), and if you land about 2/3rd away from the tree, you should be JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST in range for it to not leash.

EDIT: Making a video guide right now since I have it down to a science. Blooper included. ETA sometime... hopefully soon after this post.

EDIT 2: Here's the demonstration, showing where to go and how to get it. Disregard the lack of sound, I had to trim the filesize. I didn't realize Streamable was so incredibly cheap with its filesize limits.
Streamable Link
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:00 pm You can safely grab it on the large root to the right of Amirdrasil, when you exit from under the tree, to the north east. Wait for the bird to be flying directly in front of the root, tag it, disengage/glide down to the root with as few movements as possible (minimize how much the bird goes left and right, basically), and if you land about 2/3rd away from the tree, you should be JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST in range for it to not leash.

EDIT: Making a video guide right now since I have it down to a science. Blooper included. ETA sometime... hopefully soon after this post.

EDIT 2: Here's the demonstration, showing where to go and how to get it. Disregard the lack of sound, I had to trim the filesize. I didn't realize Streamable was so incredibly cheap with its filesize limits.
Streamable Link
Thanks heaps for that! I hadn't managed to tame her, but I'll give your method a go when she's back up again.

I've expanded the tame explanation for her, anyway. I hope it's correct:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=dreamowl_fire
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I found it on the PTR day one, and was having one hell of a time wracking my brain over trying to figure out how to tame it. Another hunter was following me, watching my countless failures trying to find a spot it wouldn't leash. Only took me an hour of attempts, and I practiced it to make sure it wasn't a fluke. The Nah'qi in that demonstration is like my 12th time taming it lol. I'm glad my suffering was helpful again.

EDIT: Your description on the page is accurate, for the record. Let's hope it doesn't change when it goes live!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Those spirit beasts look awesome but too bad I won’t tame since I’m survival, even though we’ve been excited for those cool tameable creatures, has anyone else took the time to look and interact with the cute babies. Until this ptr came out, I had used no companion pet for many years nor got attached to any I’ve collected, not until baby Dreamtalons or Slumbertooths took my eyes while testing the PTR. I’ve gotten attached to them because they are so cute, and the cutest companion pet imo. I wish blizzard didn’t make them attackable, it would make me cry inside if I accidentally slay one. Flooftalons are a second place for adorableness, I never got so adored by pixels in a video game, basically ever until the existence of baby dreamtalons, and baby umbraclaws
Vaart

Unread post by Vaart »

Any news about Sul'raka? I've been checking the PTR regularly and not once I've seen her tracks. Checked all the spots posted here and even changed the ground clutter to 1 but no results. Wondering if there's a quest requirement before I'm able to see her or I'm just unlucky.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Vaart wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:11 am Any news about Sul'raka? I've been checking the PTR regularly and not once I've seen her tracks. Checked all the spots posted here and even changed the ground clutter to 1 but no results. Wondering if there's a quest requirement before I'm able to see her or I'm just unlucky.
It may be bugged at the moment :/
Kööna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin - US

Unread post by Kööna »

Vaart wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:11 am Any news about Sul'raka? I've been checking the PTR regularly and not once I've seen her tracks. Checked all the spots posted here and even changed the ground clutter to 1 but no results. Wondering if there's a quest requirement before I'm able to see her or I'm just unlucky.
I've seen her tracks ONCE during the 1st week.....and then nothing. =/ I reported a spawning issue for her, but IDK if it's gonna do anything.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I think this is generally why Blizz hasn’t done tracking tames for a while, since they can very easily be bugged and no one can find them.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tracking tames are just as hard as finding a rare hunter pet like Loque’nahak or ban’thalos. They take a lot of time, concentration, and coordination. Since the all hunters got hunter’s mark, it’s easier than it was in Legion to find the rare mechanowolves which aren’t as rare anymore since mechagon came out. As of right now, I’m dreaming of earning those new Druid forms, my new tames, and my own Slumbertooth, I can’t get over how adorable they are
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

New tameable black/red Somnowl? Saw the PTR updated and this skin was previously listed as untameable on the Curious variant

https://www.wowhead.com/ptr-2/npc=206240/horned-somnowl

EDIT: Also seems the NPC skin roster includes the Blue w/ Long Tail we'd been missing too.
owls.png
owls.png (83.75 KiB) Viewed 9785 times
EDIT 2:

Also seems to be some short-tailed and antler variants not listed in Petopia.

https://www.wowhead.com/ptr-2/npc=206239/horned-somnowl
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Dialga wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:02 am New tameable black/red Somnowl? Saw the PTR updated and this skin was previously listed as untameable on the Curious variant

EDIT: Also seems the NPC skin roster includes the Blue w/ Long Tail we'd been missing too.

owls.png

EDIT 2:

Thanks! Have you seen these live on the PTR? I haven't found them yet.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I can confirm that Sul'raka was bugged. She's been fixed behind the scenes, but that fix may take a couple of builds to make it into the game.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Wain wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:11 am
Dialga wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:02 am New tameable black/red Somnowl? Saw the PTR updated and this skin was previously listed as untameable on the Curious variant

owls.png

EDIT 2:

Thanks! Have you seen these live on the PTR? I haven't found them yet.
Nope, could be these are just 'placeholder' NPCs for the new mob itself but figured I'd mention them and throw in the new variants too.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Sul'raka update (not sure if this had been determined): I was going to do the ol' flare and mark to slowly make a map like in MoP. Was going splendid until.... it phased out in the Fields of Reverie. Looks like Sul'raka got the Glimmer treatment.

I don't know how much intro you have to do to unlock the fiery attack phase of the Fields, my character had done one quest and just got into map. Hopefully the phase is easy to unlock with early quests.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Henri now retains his name! 💚

He's also a lot smaller, but that's to be expected.

HenriName.png
HenriName.png (396.99 KiB) Viewed 9585 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ristar is now tameable, and he retains his name! He's the only black dreamtalon I've found, so that means all the colours are available.
RistarTame.png
RistarTame.png (847.29 KiB) Viewed 9582 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

RootSnapper.png
RootSnapper.png (608.01 KiB) Viewed 9562 times
Root Snapper is now tameable! It uses an unavailable crab look: diamond. It was the only regular crab look that was still unavailable.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

OK I was able to get Sul'raka full path, and I didn't see anywhere that someone else had mapped it. Its a medium path, not nearly as bad as some from MoP, but the Field of Reverie phasing is still a concern as of this latest build (10.2 PTR Build 51425). I may poke around later to see if Sul has multiple spawns, but I think all the evidence and individual reports don't really support that.

Its not the best quality, but hopefully it helps!

Rough mapping

Animated (link)
https://i.imgur.com/XYjPePX.gif