10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vaart

Re: 10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Unread post by Vaart »

Quiv wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:18 am OK I was able to get Sul'raka full path, and I didn't see anywhere that someone else had mapped it. Its a medium path, not nearly as bad as some from MoP, but the Field of Reverie phasing is still a concern as of this latest build (10.2 PTR Build 51425). I may poke around later to see if Sul has multiple spawns, but I think all the evidence and individual reports don't really support that.
I followed Sul was well and your map is on point. I didn't have any issues with phasing in the Field of Reverie, instead she phased twice at the Singing Fen. Fortunately Hunter's Mark stayed on her and both times she appeared shortly after.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Vaart wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:47 am I followed Sul was well and your map is on point. I didn't have any issues with phasing in the Field of Reverie, instead she phased twice at the Singing Fen. Fortunately Hunter's Mark stayed on her and both times she appeared shortly after.
I also noticed Sul would disappear and reappear suddenly, but I didn't think much of it because for me it didn't happen around a subzone change, so it didn't strike me as phasing (plus Sul reappeared so quickly). Hopefully its not some other shenanigans though.

The issues with the Fields of Reverie phasing only occurred with a character I just walked into the zone with. I hope it is quickly squared away with early quests, but either way its a bit strange.

Here I am standing on the edge of the phasing zone, where I am in the Emerald Dream zone, and up ahead, I see the fiery mobs. However if I take one step forward, I zone into Fields of Reverie, and the fiery mobs (and Sul/prints) phase out. This happened regardless if the public event was active in the area.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quiv wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:18 am OK I was able to get Sul'raka full path, and I didn't see anywhere that someone else had mapped it. Its a medium path, not nearly as bad as some from MoP, but the Field of Reverie phasing is still a concern as of this latest build (10.2 PTR Build 51425). I may poke around later to see if Sul has multiple spawns, but I think all the evidence and individual reports don't really support that.
Good lord, you're alive! Great to see you again :)

Thanks heaps for the map! I know Aroim has also traced Sul'raka's path since it was fixed today, but I'm not sure if Aroim has drawn a map yet. Hopefully it'll match yours. I'll try to get a map added to the notes for the NPC.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aroim should be the one to post this, but since I've already tweeted about it...

Thornbeasts (cats, stags and bears - 3 colours of each) are tameable in 10.2, via a special trick which we've just solved (mostly Aroim's work!).

We've so far only tested the thornclaw cats. Unfortunately part of the trick involves speaking to Athainne in Drustvar, and she seems to be missing now (perhaps she's not there during the day, in which case it could be a long wait!).

The taming details are identical for each of the thornclaws, so just see one for the info:

The taming tricks for the stags and bears should be the same, but they require different hearts (dropping from stags and bears in the Emerald Dream) and a different location for the NPC to kill and convert, but we just haven't confirmed those details. It's also possible that the bear one isn't working properly yet, as I only got a saber heart, not a bear one, from the bears I killed.

3Liliunas.png
3Liliunas.png (553.93 KiB) Viewed 9144 times
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:25 pm Good lord, you're alive! Great to see you again :)

Thanks heaps for the map! I know Aroim has also traced Sul'raka's path since it was fixed today, but I'm not sure if Aroim has drawn a map yet. Hopefully it'll match yours. I'll try to get a map added to the notes for the NPC.
:lol: :lol: Yeah! I've lurked from time to time, especially around patches, but yeah life (and Shadowlands) happened, and I don't play as much anymore (plus playing alts more). I do enjoy a good tracking tame though.

My map is Windows Paint trash lol so feel free to use Aroim's or any other creation instead of mine, won't hurt my feelings at all! Whatever is best to help the community, cuz I know many still find these tracking tames tricky.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Wain wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:35 pm Aroim should be the one to post this, but since I've already tweeted about it...

Thornbeasts (cats, stags and bears - 3 colours of each) are tameable in 10.2, via a special trick which we've just solved (mostly Aroim's work!).

We've so far only tested the thornclaw cats. Unfortunately part of the trick involves speaking to Athainne in Drustvar, and she seems to be missing now (perhaps she's not there during the day, in which case it could be a long wait!).

The taming details are identical for each of the thornclaws, so just see one for the info:

The taming tricks for the stags and bears should be the same, but they require different hearts (dropping from stags and bears in the Emerald Dream) and a different location for the NPC to kill and convert, but we just haven't confirmed those details. It's also possible that the bear one isn't working properly yet, as I only got a saber heart, not a bear one, from the bears I killed.

3Liliunas.png
OMG YESSS YESSSZ YESSSSSSS! My dream came true!!!!!!! Wooolhohohohohohoho, can’t wait
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Hooray for tameable tumbleweed animals! Boo for yet another annoying gimmick tame like the panthara! Do the tameable versions exist only for the hunter that uses the knife, like how Hati is only visible to you and nobody else prior to taming?

EDIT: I got all three hearts from the various cats, bears, and stags/does in the zone, so they all do drop as intended. Fairly low drop chance, as it took me at least 200 cats (found a spot with 10, and I killed them at least 20 times. I counted, sort of). I'm now waiting for Athainne to spawn. Either she's with Athair down below Ulfar's den around 7-10 pm realm time, or she's at Ulfar's den at an unknown time (thanks wowhead for having all of the information /sarcasm). Because I'm bored, I'll stay and actually see if she spawns up here before being next to Athair for a few hours. As of this post, it's almost 11 AM realm time. If I seriously have to wait until 10pm (my time, EST) at the earliest to see Athainne, I'll be really annoyed. Sure hope she doesn't take that long to spawn.

I really don't like puzzles like this that involve time-based things.

EDIT 2: Aroim appeared, but we're different factions. I'm complaining to them about this awful secret through use of renaming a battle pet and pointing at it lol.

EDIT 3: I'd rather be leveling a pandaren on the wandering isle in order to tame the Guardian before exotics could be tamed at 10 again than wait for Athainne, but I want to know (and provide for others) for future reference, and since the info is so barren, I'll gladly be the Thanos and do it myself. Losing my marbles while checking, now only bothering to check at the :00 and :30 marks.

Edit 4: It's been almost 5 hours since I posted this. I've been in Drustvar for around maybe 4 hours to 4 and a half, as I don't remember how long I grinded for the three hearts. I'm getting the feeling I really will be sitting here for another 4 hours (Realm time is 2:50pm as of right now).

EDIT 5: I've been on the PTR for around 7 hours as of now, as it's 5pm realm time. Two more hours until the wowhead time pops up. I'll be glad if it pops up even a minute before that time. It doesn't even look like it's the afternoon in Drustvar. Bright as day.
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:59 pm Hooray for tameable tumbleweed animals! Boo for yet another annoying gimmick tame like the panthara! Do the tameable versions exist only for the hunter that uses the knife, like how Hati is only visible to you and nobody else prior to taming?

EDIT: I got all three hearts from the various cats, bears, and stags/does in the zone, so they all do drop as intended. Fairly low drop chance, as it took me at least 200 cats (found a spot with 10, and I killed them at least 20 times. I counted, sort of). I'm now waiting for Athainne to spawn. Either she's with Athair down below Ulfar's den around 7-10 pm realm time, or she's at Ulfar's den at an unknown time (thanks wowhead for having all of the information /sarcasm). Because I'm bored, I'll stay and actually see if she spawns up here before being next to Athair for a few hours. As of this post, it's almost 11 AM realm time. If I seriously have to wait until 10pm (my time, EST) at the earliest to see Athainne, I'll be really annoyed. Sure hope she doesn't take that long to spawn.

I really don't like puzzles like this that involve time-based things.
Honestly, I’m not a big fan of those challenges, but I’m willing to do it once it goes live, the creatures are so unique, the challenge will be worth it, I hope fire cats will be ours too since we can already tame wild Druid forms and the fire scorpion which is a Druid form to fandral, but I cannot wait to even use these creatures as pets, especially thornclaws
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Found a few oddball additions on the PTR thanks to wowhead's database. Nothing really spectacular, and they're all from older content, but still worth mention for the sake of archiving at least.

Phantom Mammoth, not listed as spawning anywhere. Appears to be the same as Phantasmal Mammoth.
Pit Viper, found in the sand beneath the first boss in Halls of Origination. Uses four different skins, but no new skins.
Demon Spider, found in the dark hallway before the final boss of the Vault of the Wardens. Uses the yellow demon spider model.
Shadow Stalker and Shadow Stalker, found in the Seat of the Triumvirate. These are different IDs from the ones tameable on live right now, though they don't look like new models or skin combos.

Unlike the other expansions, I had trouble with Shadowlands searching on the PTR. There's a number of differences, but I can't narrow all of them down due to Wowhead search issues and their arbitrary 1000 NPC limit (seriously they need to bump that up to like 2k or something), but this is an addition that I did find;

Injured Vombata, another version of Injured Vombata.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Gonna post this here as a resource; This spot where I'm at on the map has a large number of bears, cats, and deer all clumped together. They are all separated into their own sections, with only cats being with cats, or stags only being with stags. This makes specific farming SIGNIFICANTLY easier, though each group is kind of spread from one another. Like going clockwise, it's bear -> deer -> bear -> cat -> deer -> cat, or something like that. There's a hefty number and the respawns seemed quick enough to not be horrible. I still hate this secret method of taming the tumbleweed animals, but this will at least alleviate the grind aspect by a significant amount.

On PTR this won't matter, but on live, try to invite/request invite to any hunters who're farming here. Since these aren't quest items, we can farm in a raid and avoid stealing spawns from each other.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_092123_131745.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092123_131745.jpg (428.15 KiB) Viewed 9061 times
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Wow that's fantastic news! Thanks for all your hard work !
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Confirmed; Athainne spawns halfway into 7:00PM realm time. She'll teleport in at the center of the stag area with a refreshed version of Athair. Hahaha this really needs to change since things based on realm time can absolutely screw over anyone who NEEDS to be in bed or leave for work at these hours. It's only 10pm for me, but still. The thorn beasts really don't need to be locked to a time in the day like this. I seriously wasted hours just chilling at the computer, leaving the ptr up for so long, just so I could find out when and where an outdated NPC from several expansions ago spawns. Not too happy, to be honest.

Now to figure out where the bear and stag spawn. Still can't find them, unless it's a daily rotation. Boy would that suck.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_092123_220058.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092123_220058.jpg (231.49 KiB) Viewed 8850 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:03 pm Confirmed; Athainne spawns halfway into 7:00PM realm time. She'll teleport in at the center of the stag area with a refreshed version of Athair. Hahaha this really needs to change since things based on realm time can absolutely screw over anyone who NEEDS to be in bed or leave for work at these hours. It's only 10pm for me, but still. The thorn beasts really don't need to be locked to a time in the day like this. I seriously wasted hours just chilling at the computer, leaving the ptr up for so long, just so I could find out when and where an outdated NPC from several expansions ago spawns. Not too happy, to be honest.
I’m a bit sketched out to get each tame because of the limited spawning times of Athainne, but besides that this challenge shouldn’t be too hard considering it’s more luck and drop chance based, I just got the cat heart after five minutes of killing dreamsabers, there is nothing I cannot tame when blizzard makes something tameable, unlike mounts, hunter pets are a more chill sources, hati, lesser dragonkin, spirit beasts, it’s all time investment, but the excitement will be worth it for me

Edit - I just got my own Thornclaw, the knife stays in my bag, hopefully it’s intended, if so that would be a huge win if you want to tame more colors or replace pet colors
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

i found the Stag ^^
I'll post its spawn location as soon as I have all the information

WerebearGuy, our little conservation per battlepet amused me, thank you for that ;)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Aroim wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:54 pm i found the Stag ^^
I'll post its spawn location as soon as I have all the information

WerebearGuy, our little conservation per battlepet amused me, thank you for that ;)
Awesome, I searched across the zone to find it, I got both stag and bear hearts in less than 5 minutes, but the bear one is bugged

Edit - I found Argyr, but saw aroim tame it :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Aroim wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:54 pm
You are literally the first person to ever talk to me via battle pets. I tried this so many times dating all the way back to MoP, and yet nobody ever noticed when I tried. I appreciate you for entertaining my little game. As for the stag and bear, I'm glad those have been found. I creeped on every cave I could and never found them. Must be long spawns.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:25 am
Aroim wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:54 pm
You are literally the first person to ever talk to me via battle pets. I tried this so many times dating all the way back to MoP, and yet nobody ever noticed when I tried. I appreciate you for entertaining my little game. As for the stag and bear, I'm glad those have been found. I creeped on every cave I could and never found them. Must be long spawns.
Hehe, I have to admit I was confused at first, but then I understood! :D
Did someone found the Bear? i can't even get the Heart D: killed 200 Bears, nothing
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Argyr has currently only one color D:

if the bear hasn't been found yet, I suspect it's this one, the npc's only change if you have the dagger, so I can't test it D:
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

WerebearGuy are you sure you looted the bear heart from the bears? because we looted cat hearts from them xD
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:59 pm EDIT: I got all three hearts from the various cats, bears, and stags/does in the zone, so they all do drop as intended. Fairly low drop chance, as it took me at least 200 cats (found a spot with 10, and I killed them at least 20 times. I counted, sort of).
Do you remember which bear NPC dropped the bear heart? Because I've only seen them drop saber hearts (which is not intended).

Are you absolutely sure your bear dropped the right heart, and have you tamed a thorn bear yet? :)