Nah'qi, Ember of Regrowth

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rabenschrey
Realm: EU-Thrall

Re: Nah'qi, Ember of Regrowth

Unread post by Rabenschrey »

Then i'm not doing it, because it's exploit using and i don't want to risk losing my account. Maybe we can confirm that Tindral isn't dropping an item to tame it, at least not on normal. I'm watching Asmongolds raid and nothing dropped. The fight was great though. Fyrakk is great as well but obviously hard.
Winterborn
Realm: Burning Legion, Jaedenar

Unread post by Winterborn »

I highly advise avoiding using the exploit, it loses the point on discovery of how to tame the gorgeous owl.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Dang. I'd hoped there was a legitimate way to tame it. While I do want to tame Nah'qi, I'm not champing at the bit to do so. I think the look is interesting, but, honestly, I want to tame it mostly 'because I can.' I'm in no hurry to get another spirit beast I won't really use.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

Boven wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:14 pm Dang. I'd hoped there was a legitimate way to tame it. While I do want to tame Nah'qi, I'm not champing at the bit to do so. I think the look is interesting, but, honestly, I want to tame it mostly 'because I can.' I'm in no hurry to get another spirit beast I won't really use.
Its been hotfixed, I personally didn't think it was an exploit myself but I was obviously wrong, it just checked the right boxes. Requires you to socialize in a game that wants people to be more social. All thats left now is to sit back and see if Blizzard takes everyones chickens and opens up a KFC stand in the middle of Valdrakken.
Fangzzs
Realm: sargeras-US

Unread post by Fangzzs »

Xcreeping wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:34 pm
Boven wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:14 pm Dang. I'd hoped there was a legitimate way to tame it. While I do want to tame Nah'qi, I'm not champing at the bit to do so. I think the look is interesting, but, honestly, I want to tame it mostly 'because I can.' I'm in no hurry to get another spirit beast I won't really use.
Its been hotfixed, I personally didn't think it was an exploit myself but I was obviously wrong, it just checked the right boxes. Requires you to socialize in a game that wants people to be more social. All thats left now is to sit back and see if Blizzard takes everyones chickens and opens up a KFC stand in the middle of Valdrakken.
When did you test it? I heard it still was working?
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Fangzzs wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:18 pm
There was a patch las night and after multiple people in the hunter discord said its fixed with no one refuting it, I personally haven't tested it.
Fangzzs
Realm: sargeras-US

Unread post by Fangzzs »

Xcreeping wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:26 pm
Fangzzs wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:18 pm
There was a patch las night and after multiple people in the hunter discord said its fixed with no one refuting it, I personally haven't tested it.
Gotcha thanks! I should get in the hunter discord lol
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The exploit-tamed owls have been removed from players who used that method, so don't feel like you missed out if you chose not to try it.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

So is Anu'relos a npc any where that can be interacted with? Is he in the raid?
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

Talihawk wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:11 pm So is Anu'relos a npc any where that can be interacted with? Is he in the raid?
I don't believe so. Found this on another site, so I can't verify it but it is looking like the cinder drop will be tied to getting the mount from the final boss in the new raid on Mythic.

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Dysphoria wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:34 am
Talihawk wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:11 pm So is Anu'relos a npc any where that can be interacted with? Is he in the raid?
I don't believe so. Found this on another site, so I can't verify it but it is looking like the cinder drop will be tied to getting the mount from the final boss in the new raid on Mythic.

I'm suspicious of that screenshot. I wouldn't expect Blizz to include a tooltip that explains where Nah'qi is, and the text looks to be from a Wowhead comment.

I do very much hope it's not a mythic drop.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

That screenshot is a tooltip from the addon Handynotes, it displays helpful information and location of treasures, rares, secrets, etc.

With the source unknown I'm skeptical if the information is verified or if they're just putting in a guess for now, either way it's not technically an official source. I don't think Handynotes intentionally lies or anything, they're usually very helpful, but it's possible they've put down temporary information as a hypothetical best-guess until more is known.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the fact they removed Nah'qi from people means it is indeed tied to the Mythic Mount.

If it were meant to be a widely available pet, AKA high renown or a secret, they wouldn't have removed the glitched pets, because once the origin is discovered, it'd be widely available and no one would care if it was glitched.

The fact they removed it means they believe the owl is meant to be a sign of esteem, and likely tied to the mythic raid mount.

Which is just a horrible decision.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Was fun to play around with. Don't regret it, if it's going to be tied behind two expansions later. I will say it felt disappointing that it won't fly. I know they don't, but even playing around with Eyes of the Beast, I just felt like 'man, I wish it would fly'. Having such a beautiful model in flight and having it be permagrounded felt sad.
Vaart

Unread post by Vaart »

Dialga wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:33 am Was fun to play around with. Don't regret it, if it's going to be tied behind two expansions later. I will say it felt disappointing that it won't fly. I know they don't, but even playing around with Eyes of the Beast, I just felt like 'man, I wish it would fly'. Having such a beautiful model in flight and having it be permagrounded felt sad.
I wish that Blizzard would make it so that it (not just Nah'qi but most birds) would fly in combat but land next to your character when standing still. I think it looks silly not flying when in combat but I also find it annoying when you are in a city or raid waiting and having the constant wing flapping sound.

I also agree with Maizou, the fact that they felt the need to remove it from everyone means it will come from mythic. If it was something easy like renown or a hidden quest chain, Blizzard most likely would've let players keep it.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I personally think its going to be a % chance from the renown box and or a hidden quest deep within the emerald dream levels, has anyone finished the renown track yet?
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

I'm fine waiting a couple expansions personally. Ultimately she's a cosmetic and mythic has had exclusive cosmetics for a while.

A bonus ability to toggle flying for applicable pets would be the best solution imo.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Bambu wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:54 pm I'm fine waiting a couple expansions personally.
I'm not.

I have friends who have ran Mythic Garrosh every single week since Legion launched and still hasn't had his mount drop.

The mount will become a 1% drop rate (if not lower) once this expansion ends. A pet will be tied to an extremely low drop rate mount.
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

Maizou wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:53 pm
Bambu wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:54 pm I'm fine waiting a couple expansions personally.
I'm not.

I have friends who have ran Mythic Garrosh every single week since Legion launched and still hasn't had his mount drop.

The mount will become a 1% drop rate (if not lower) once this expansion ends. A pet will be tied to an extremely low drop rate mount.
If the item to tame is dropped as part of a mount locked behind an end-boss Mythic raid, it will be very interesting indeed.

A lot of folks might argue that mounts, items, titles etc have been locked behind Mythic raids for years (and they'd be correct), so why not make another cosmetic (a particular hunter pet) locked as well?

I think the big barrier is that this has never been done before. Having a particular pet only be able to be tamed if you are actively successfully running Mythic raids is a first and as such hunters who play the game to tame all of their favourite hunter pets are going to be flat out precluded from it. If hunters accept it without making a fuss I would assume Blizzard will do it again, however it may also be a one-off if it's poorly received.
Last edited by Dysphoria on Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

It's a horrible idea. Not every player has the time or the friends to run mythic. If you are a class that's looked down upon like hunter is, mythic is even harder to get invited to if you try to pug it. I pray it isn't tied to the mythic drop. That really would just be so demoralizing.