Nah'qi, Ember of Regrowth

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Nah'qi, Ember of Regrowth

Unread post by Dialga »

Talihawk wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:46 pm It's a horrible idea. Not every player has the time or the friends to run mythic. If you are a class that's looked down upon like hunter is, mythic is even harder to get invited to if you try to pug it. I pray it isn't tied to the mythic drop. That really would just be so demoralizing.
Extra ironic because hunters are pretty freaking bad in DF. I struggled to stay alive juggling cooldowns on survivability far more than DPS back when I did the first Mythic raids in DF.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

In b4 its a ploy for people to buy runs with gold... so they can boost token sales ;P
Silliness aside, it will be interesting if it is actually a mythic thing or if it will also include heroic or something.

Siggy under construction!

Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

Bambu wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:54 pm I'm fine waiting a couple expansions
By then it might actually learn how to be a flying pet too.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

But she looks like a little burrowing owl if she doesn't fly. :c

I sort of have a feeling it'll be like a travelers etherwyrm or that blizzcon bear that drops the snowballs type deal. What would REALLY SUCK is if you'd have to get it to drop specifically on a hunter to get the ember.
Agriusz

Unread post by Agriusz »

I still got mine in my stable lol
Last edited by Agriusz on Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

EDIT: Post I responded to got deleted, probably for a good reason. Disregard this.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Dialga wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:11 am
Talihawk wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:46 pm It's a horrible idea. Not every player has the time or the friends to run mythic. If you are a class that's looked down upon like hunter is, mythic is even harder to get invited to if you try to pug it. I pray it isn't tied to the mythic drop. That really would just be so demoralizing.
Extra ironic because hunters are pretty freaking bad in DF. I struggled to stay alive juggling cooldowns on survivability far more than DPS back when I did the first Mythic raids in DF.
Longtime lurking member popping in to stay: This may be what makes me drop the game if it truly is tied to a mythic only drop.

I have 8 different hunters. I've been running stupid Razagath for that danged bow she she was released to LFR (I lost the bow with a roll of seven the other night to someone who kept dying at the start of the fight. SEVEN-that is just f$%^$#% insulting). I'm over 40 years old with a very demanding and stressful job. I do not have the time or energy to be active in a raiding guild or trying to run mythic raids. Wow is my relaxing game and hunting pets and mounts is the thing that keeps me in the game. If Bliz really ties this to a mythic only raid, it will likely be the straw that breaks my 14+ years of loyalty to the game. They are already on really thin ice with the Infinite scale colors being what they are. Sigh.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I wonder if it is "locked" behind the world first mythic kill, similar to how the legendary was in S2 (meaning once Mythic Fyrakk is killed, its "unlocked" to start dropping on all difficulties). Obviously this is not on the same level as a legendary, but it seems to be tied to mythic Fyrakk in some way. World first mythic Fyrakk could die at any moment, so I guess we will find out if theres any connection soon, for good or ill.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Quiv wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:41 am I wonder if it is "locked" behind the world first mythic kill, similar to how the legendary was in S2 (meaning once Mythic Fyrakk is killed, its "unlocked" to start dropping on all difficulties). Obviously this is not on the same level as a legendary, but it seems to be tied to mythic Fyrakk in some way. World first mythic Fyrakk could die at any moment, so I guess we will find out if theres any connection soon, for good or ill.
If that was the case I don't think they would of wasted time removing it from people just for everyone to have access to it again two weeks later, we will see though! Looks like later today or tomorrow!
Fangzzs
Realm: sargeras-US

Unread post by Fangzzs »

Nah'qi is mythic only it seems.
*edit*
my img wont post properly but the item dropped on mythic fyrakk
Last edited by Fangzzs on Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hawaiianj
Realm: khadgar

Unread post by Hawaiianj »

just saw the item DROP from echo's kill the item did drop from mythic well see if know if the item drops from the other tiers norm/heroic/lfr
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Boy oh boy, let's hope it's available from any Fyrakk now. Would be awful unfriendly to the playerbase if a hunter pet was locked behind mythic only.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I sure hope it drops from other difficulties like lfr and normal. We blew through normal but my crew struggles with heroic endbosses. No way we'll ever get mythic.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Possibilities:

1) Drops only from Mythic on a 100% drop rate
2) Drops only from Mythic on a 100% drop rate, but that drop rate will be cut deeply post-expac just like the mount rates
3) Drops from any difficulty with a low drop rate (unlikely atp, but possible)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So far it's not looking good :/

I don't actually want one, but if it turns out to be a mythic-only pet then it's a very bad decision for the majority of the pet community.

Mythic raiders constitute a tiny minority of players, and they already receive perks and cosmetics for their efforts. Mythic is amplified by Blizzard because it serves a marketing purpose. I understand why Blizzard, especially the kinds of people in management there now, want to promote an epic and elite feel to the game, even if it's not very representative, but I'm not going to buy into it just to go along with the hype. If I think it's a bad precedent that doesn't serve any interests but their own marketing I'll say something.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

This is SO not what we asked for when 'challenge tames' were mentioned. Things like the loa tiger or plot lines like Gara were. :( How many hunters even do mythic raiding when it's current?!
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

People are saying the "chance to drop on all difficulty" stuff once mythic is beat won't kick in until after the reset so id wait till Wed at the latest before people start freaking out.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Wain wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:26 am So far it's not looking good :/

I don't actually want one, but if it turns out to be a mythic-only pet then it's a very bad decision for the majority of the pet community.

Mythic raiders constitute a tiny minority of players, and they already receive perks and cosmetics for their efforts. Mythic is amplified by Blizzard because it serves a marketing purpose. I understand why Blizzard, especially the kinds of people in management there now, want to promote an epic and elite feel to the game, even if it's not very representative, but I'm not going to buy into it just to go along with the hype. If I think it's a bad precedent that doesn't serve any interests but their own marketing I'll say something.
I don't ~super~ mind it as a prestige thing for current Mythic raiders for an end-of-the-expac deal because by the next expac, if the 100% drop rate stays true, people can faceroll it once the next expac drops. I dunno, beats Loque'nahak camping for me, but yeah, I get why people are peeved.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Dialga wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:02 pm
Wain wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:26 am So far it's not looking good :/

I don't ~super~ mind it as a prestige thing for current Mythic raiders for an end-of-the-expac deal because by the next expac, if the 100% drop rate stays true, people can faceroll it once the next expac drops. I dunno, beats Loque'nahak camping for me, but yeah, I get why people are peeved.
I *very much* mind it.

Especially since Mythic BFA raids still can't be soloed. You can BARELY solo Mythic Legion raids. They stopped doing solo passes long ago.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I personally don't mind it being locked behind mythic. You have mounts, xmogs, titles, etc that have been locked behind mythic bosses for years. You have people that are hardcore mount collectors and, unless they run mythic or pay for a mythic kill, won't be able to get it for an xpac or two. Besides that, it is one single pet. It isn't an entire family or something like that. Druids have the fire owl form locked behind mythic Fyrakk, and they have significantly less customization options than we do.