Mend Pet changes??

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Mend Pet changes??

Unread post by Lee »

Hello! I came back to the game after taking a break before the latest patch, and noticed that [Mend Pet] has been changed. For the longest time, I recall it being one button that did two things: if your Pet was alive, the button was [Mend Pet], but if they had died, it was changed to [Revive Pet].

But as of patching, they've apparently been separated again? It doesn't change on context any more? Which led to a very confusing moment in the middle of a fight when my pet died, my button didn't work, and I had to open my spellbook and find the Revive Pet spell before I got killed. :/

Has anyone else noticed this? And more importantly, does anyone have a macro to restore the old functionality? I'm really not a fan of suddenly having essentially the same skill take up two buttons. That was one of the few Hunter changes I've ENJOYED in my decade of playing.
OnyxHydra
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde); Feathermoon (Alliance)

Re: Mend Pet changes??

Unread post by OnyxHydra »

You only need one button on your bar to use both of these abilities - Pet Utility - if you don't want to have extra buttons.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The latest patch indeed bugged this behaviour - Mend Pet/Revive Pet no longer switches depending on the status of your pet, apparently it's something to do with Call of the Wild interfering. Hopefully it'll be fixed in a future patch, but for now I've just dragged the separate Mend Pet and Revive Pet both onto my action bar.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Vephriel wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:34 pm The latest patch indeed bugged this behaviour - Mend Pet/Revive Pet no longer switches depending on the status of your pet, apparently it's something to do with Call of the Wild interfering. Hopefully it'll be fixed in a future patch, but for now I've just dragged the separate Mend Pet and Revive Pet both onto my action bar.
I'm a lil unhappy about having to give up an action bar slot for revive pet, but it's not a huge deal. I will he glad when it's fixed.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I genuinely don't *have* the action bar spot. :/

I have to manually type "/cast revive pet" if my pet dies. V_V
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

Maizou wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:13 am I genuinely don't *have* the action bar spot. :/

I have to manually type "/cast revive pet" if my pet dies. V_V
I'm not really knowledgeable about making macros, other than very basic ones, but would it be possible to create a macro that will cast mend if the pet is alive and cast res if it's dead?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

OnyxHydra wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:45 pm You only need one button on your bar to use both of these abilities - Pet Utility - if you don't want to have extra buttons.
Not sure if it's just me but I cant drag the utility into my bar...only the different abilities

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

OnyxHydra

Ana wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:43 pm
OnyxHydra wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:45 pm You only need one button on your bar to use both of these abilities - Pet Utility - if you don't want to have extra buttons.
Not sure if it's just me but I cant drag the utility into my bar...only the different abilities
Oh really? I was wondering why so many people keep saying they have the stuff individually on their bars. I just pull out the thing in the spell book that says Pet Utility (I think that's what it's called, looks like the mend pet symbol) and place that on my bar. Like Call pet, it has a pop out menu for the different pet utility abilities. Seems easier than having to waste barspace on multiple abilities.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Yeah I dont know why the utility doesnt work for me...kinda suxs..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

OnyxHydra wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:54 pm
Oh really? I was wondering why so many people keep saying they have the stuff individually on their bars. I just pull out the thing in the spell book that says Pet Utility (I think that's what it's called, looks like the mend pet symbol) and place that on my bar. Like Call pet, it has a pop out menu for the different pet utility abilities. Seems easier than having to waste barspace on multiple abilities.
That's how it's supposed to work yes, but what people are saying in this thread is that as of the latest patch it broke, after you use Call of the Wild it won't have a "smart" switch function anymore so you're forced to put both separate buttons on your action bar for now until it's fixed.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

*peaks in and shakes the dust off herself*

Yeah, that was a very shocking discovery...and of course found out during combat and had to do some quick spell book casting while trying to stay alive.

Not some fancy macro, but I made this Macro to use. It doesn't change the icon, but does let me cast either Heal or Revive with one icon.

/cast [button:1]; Revive Pet
/cast [button:2]; Mend Pet

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

OnyxHydra

Vephriel wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:55 pm
OnyxHydra wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:54 pm

That's how it's supposed to work yes, but what people are saying in this thread is that as of the latest patch it broke, after you use Call of the Wild it won't have a "smart" switch function anymore so you're forced to put both separate buttons on your action bar for now until it's fixed.
Right, but my point is, even with this break, you still only need to have one bar space occupied because you use the Pet Utility function instead of individually placing these spells on your bar.

Edit: To illustrate my point:
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

OnyxHydra wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:46 am
Right, but my point is, even with this break, you still only need to have one bar space occupied because you use the Pet Utility function instead of individually placing these spells on your bar.

That's going to require one to actually click the action bar button, then select mend or revive pet. It's not ideal when in a raid/dungeon, or doing some other content.

I've started using a macro that was recommended to me. I put it on my action bar where mend/revive used to be so that I can use the hotkey for that spot. So far, it's been working well. I do like that it'll automatically choose the pet from stable slot 1 if my pet's not out. That's saved me some time on the occasions where I've gotten a battle rez during a boss fight and need to move and get a pet out asap.

The macro is:

/cast [mod]Revive Pet; [@pet,dead]Revive Pet; [nopet]Call Pet 1; Mend Pet
OnyxHydra

Boven wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:18 pm
OnyxHydra wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:46 am

That's going to require one to actually click the action bar button, then select mend or revive pet. It's not ideal when in a raid/dungeon, or doing some other content.

I've started using a macro that was recommended to me. I put it on my action bar where mend/revive used to be so that I can use the hotkey for that spot. So far, it's been working well. I do like that it'll automatically choose the pet from stable slot 1 if my pet's not out. That's saved me some time on the occasions where I've gotten a battle rez during a boss fight and need to move and get a pet out asap.

The macro is:

/cast [mod]Revive Pet; [@pet,dead]Revive Pet; [nopet]Call Pet 1; Mend Pet
Fair enough. I haven't had too many issues using it, but there have definitely been times where even in my little casual solo grind I wish I had had them on my bar instead. I think it's cool you worked out a macro for those folks that will benefit from it! :D