Nah'qi, Ember of Regrowth

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Nah'qi, Ember of Regrowth

Unread post by Lupen202 »

As long as it's left in as a 100% drop from mythic to where you can run it next expac with a group, I really don't see the issue. Mythic raiders get rewarded by not having to wait and in turn it remains prestigious during current content, but others aren't locked from it forever or forced into an extremely low drop rate grind.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

viaradda

Unread post by viaradda »

Wain wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:26 am Mythic raiders constitute a tiny minority of players, and they already receive perks and cosmetics for their efforts.
The fire owl is the mythic cosmetic for this tier. They're just adding new forms for it.

We've had raid-exclusive pets in the past, of course. The difference is that generally in the past, when the raid released no one got to tame the boss until the next expansion at least. But now, some players will get the pet now. And in the future, mythic Fyrakk will become puggable then 5-mannable then finally soloable.

So no one's worse off here. Either you get the pet when it normally becomes available, or you get it sooner.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I guess I'm a bit lucky that the fire owl doesn't appeal much to me personally, buttttttttt I still don't buy the mythic only drop. It is undeniable in my eyes that mythic raiders are eating real good already and have been for a while, they get their just rewards. And I think thats fine, they should get their rewards (power, cool mog, mounts, titles etc). Also mythic raiders are such a minuscule minority of the playerbase, especially current tier mythic. Beyond that, hunters are a fraction of that already minuscule percentage, and then this item is only for BM spec, and really only for BM hunters that actually care about the pets. I've lost track of how many hunters I see with generic unnamed pets, they don't give two hoots and a henry about them (and thats fine!) We're talking a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of BM hunters in the playerbase. I guess were lucky BM seems to be FOTM right now (thanks Aug!), but still. My money (and copium) is still on this opening up for all difficulties on reset, at which point I can start complaining about the inevitably low drop chance ;)
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

IF this is Mythic only the outside looking in its just a pet lol its just another spirit beast lol

Out of all the class themes in World of Warcraft the Hunter has lost the most through out the years. Then WoW e-sports comes along and takes away our ability to change the spec of our pets and now I guess they are just going to start taking our pets too. Not much left they can take from us. The Paladins have the Wheelchair Discord, someone should make a Lobotomy Hunter Discord.

Nobody should want any flying pet in Dragonflgiht by the way, you see them all flying at one point or another yet when we tame them they can no longer fly, forever to be grounded. If you think about it from an RP prospective, its kinda dark.

Also in the coming weeks anybody here can get the pet, I don't buy mythic mounts but I imagine they go for 5 WoW tokens? Thats what this will probably go for and as we all walk hand in hand into the next expansion 9/10 people you see with this pet will have bought it.
Last edited by Xcreeping on Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kööna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin - US

Unread post by Kööna »

Quiv wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 amI guess I'm a bit lucky that the fire owl doesn't appeal much to me personally, buttttttttt I still don't buy the mythic only drop. It is undeniable in my eyes that mythic raiders are eating real good already and have been for a while, they get their just rewards. And I think thats fine, they should get their rewards (power, cool mog, mounts, titles etc). Also mythic raiders are such a minuscule minority of the playerbase, especially current tier mythic. Beyond that, hunters are a fraction of that already minuscule percentage, and then this item is only for BM spec, and really only for BM hunters that actually care about the pets. I've lost track of how many hunters I see with generic unnamed pets, they don't give two hoots and a henry about them (and thats fine!) We're talking a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of BM hunters in the playerbase. I guess were lucky BM seems to be FOTM right now (thanks Aug!), but still. My money (and copium) is still on this opening up for all difficulties on reset, at which point I can start complaining about the inevitably low drop chance ;)
As they should. They're even going to get a cool prestigious pet on top of everything. I'm not really sure what not naming your pet has anything to do with being able to show everyone your cool new pet. Nah'qi retains its name...so it'll already be named. If someone really wants the pet, they can buy a carry.
Xcreeping wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:29 pm IF this is Mythic only the outside looking in its just a pet lol its just another spirit beast lol

Out of all the class themes in World of Warcraft the Hunter has lost the most through out the years. Then WoW e-sports comes along and takes away our ability to change the spec of our pets and now I guess they are just going to start taking our pets too. Not much left they can take from us. The Paladins have the Wheelchair Discord, someone should make a Lobotomy Hunter Discord.

Nobody should want any flying pet in Dragonflgiht by the way, you see them all flying at one point or another yet when we tame them they can no longer fly, forever to be grounded. If you think about it from an RP prospective, its kinda dark.

Also in the coming weeks anybody here can get the pet, I don't buy mythic mounts but I imagine they got for 5 WoW tokens? Thats what this will probably go for and as we all walk and in hand into the next expansion 9/10 people you see with this pet will have bought it.
It would be just another gold sink!
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Let's just hope this doesn't start a precedent, cause next thing you know the best looking pets will only be Mythic tames or end up on the Shop. :(
Beviah
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Beviah »

Speaking within the context that this is exclusive to Mythic Fyrakk, I'm personally not a fan of this type of content. Whilst I think the idea is interesting, this should have ultimately been a type of challenge tame, and if they wanted there to be some level of prestige to it, they could have fed into the idea of evergreen content by creating a solo challenge out of it, similar to Fenryr back in Legion.

It creates a precedent for potential scenarios where more interesting and cool pets are locked behind absurd time-gates or extremely difficult achievements that you need to go through so many hoops to obtain. This one being: get the gear to do Heroic, find a guild to start Mythic progression with, do well enough to join a better guild and continue the process until you have a guild with the potential to get Cutting Edge. Whilst I think that rewarding something such as Cutting Edge is warranted, I do not think this is the correct way to do it, because from my understanding, this is not an account bound unlock and you must be playing on your Hunter in order to obtain this. So for those of you who are not interested in Mythic raiding, you are subjected to a year wait minimum.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic about it if this weren't only exclusive to Mythic. If it isn't and it was just a "wait until World First Mythic" scenario, I'm fine with it.
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

I am a veteran WoW player and more specifically a veteran hunter. I have exclusively played hunter (no alts) since Vanilla. I have been through every type of content; realm-first BWL back in the day then CE raiding guilds through BC before burning out in Wrath. It was around this time that I fell back onto solo play as the time commitments for having to schedule play time around the schedules of other people affected IRL stuff. Since then I have pretty much only played M+ as my high-end content (pugging my way to 3.1K+ RIO in S2 which was a terrible experience given how Evokers/druids/paladins/SPriests and mages meant anything else was pretty much excluded from invites). My experience from last season has left a bit of a bitter taste and even though hunters are now fotm, I just can't be bothered replacing all my gear and grinding it out again. I really don't like how rapid the patches/seasons are in Retail WoW, it just devalues all the time investment too quickly imho.

Anyways, basically what I'm trying to say is that I think that solo play is increasing in this mmo and I believe that the move towards content over the last few expansions has reflected this; island expeditions, RF, M+, mage towers, solo que in Arenas, more investment in storylines and questing and now the announcement of delves in the next expansion. In view of this, I do think that Blizzard should be placing more of an emphasis on solo challenges, especially for hunters wanting to try difficult tames, not locking this type of thing behind content that very few players will experience (and which is continuing to dwindle).
Altered
Realm: Dath'remar and Yojamba

Unread post by Altered »

This should of been a challenge tame, something you have to earn through interacting with the npc itself in the world instead of just killing a mythic boss, its beyond boring and lazy.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

From a poster on Wow Forums:

Calistrian
<Just Freakin Started>
70 Void Elf Warlock

"Just as a heads up, somebody in the secret finding discord in the hunter pets channel recently posted a screenshot of their bags with the Cinder item in it. They are saying that it has a low % to drop on all modes, with a higher chance on Mythic of course. Same person has been saying they knew it would come from something other than Mythic through datamining for quite some time, but they don’t share datamined info since it’s not 100%. Now that they have the item they’re OK with sharing. The screenshots were validated by somebody in the chat joining a pre-made group with them to see the pet or the item through a trade box. Not sure which. Either way, people there seem to be satisfied that it’s not Mythic only, nor is it guaranteed to drop on Mythic."
Calistrian
Realm: Garrosh

Unread post by Calistrian »

evil950510 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:23 pm From a poster on Wow Forums:

Calistrian
<Just Freakin Started>
70 Void Elf Warlock

"Just as a heads up, somebody in the secret finding discord in the hunter pets channel recently posted a screenshot of their bags with the Cinder item in it. They are saying that it has a low % to drop on all modes, with a higher chance on Mythic of course. Same person has been saying they knew it would come from something other than Mythic through datamining for quite some time, but they don’t share datamined info since it’s not 100%. Now that they have the item they’re OK with sharing. The screenshots were validated by somebody in the chat joining a pre-made group with them to see the pet or the item through a trade box. Not sure which. Either way, people there seem to be satisfied that it’s not Mythic only, nor is it guaranteed to drop on Mythic."
Oh that's me. I was just coming to post this. I was going to add that they've now further elaborated that they got their Cinder of Companionship from Normal Tindral, so Fyrakk isn't even required. Apparently Mythic Fyrakk might be a 100%, but you can get it on a low chance from other bosses on other difficulties as well.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Well theres also a wowhead commenter (on the Cinder page) saying the screenshot is fake because the Cinder should be consumed on use. At this point my head is spinning from all the does it, doesn't it, will it, won't it, should it, shouldn't it. Hopefully we will get some more clarity in the coming week or so.
TotallyNotAnEmu

Unread post by TotallyNotAnEmu »

Made an account to comment - I was one of the folks speaking with the user who made these claims throughout the day, and given that their provided evidence doesn't allow for the fact they may have photoshopped and abused exploits (or misled GMs), their stout unwillingness to provide any further proof and their aggressive attitude, I strongly suspect them of being a BS artist. I've put in a ticket for clarification though I don't expect a full answer, but I wouldn't trust this anymore.

edit: said user is also watching the thread and DMing me abuse! hi, buddy!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I think that it should be said that since it has been over a day since reset on NA servers, if it was supposed to be unlocked on all difficulties after Fyrakk was killed on Mythic, then most likely many people by now would've reported it dropping.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

TotallyNotAnEmu wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:29 pmsaid user is also watching the thread and DMing me abuse! hi, buddy!
:lol: & yea Wed was the cut off mark for me.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I just looked at the Secret Finder discord.

The person who reported getting the Ember is none other than the person who screams at people for hiding surprise tames, Vesania.

I wouldn't trust them.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yeah, that's not a surprise, unfortunately. They either used some sort of bug to get the cinder or they are just photoshopping it.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:14 pm Yeah, that's not a surprise, unfortunately. They either used some sort of bug to get the cinder or they are just photoshopping it.
The image has Death Knight Red on the text for one of them, which is... weird. (In the Bags: 1) thing. Which I'm almost certain changes based on class.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Its also been pointed out that the item wasn't consumed upon use like usual.
TotallyNotAnEmu

Unread post by TotallyNotAnEmu »

Maizou wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:08 pm I just looked at the Secret Finder discord.

The person who reported getting the Ember is none other than the person who screams at people for hiding surprise tames, Vesania.

I wouldn't trust them.
I hadn't realised they were known here as a bad actor. That's hilarious, albeit a bit pathetic. Oh well.