Nah'qi, Ember of Regrowth

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Nah'qi, Ember of Regrowth

Unread post by Dysphoria »

Talihawk wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:14 pm It wouldn't even matter if we Optimized our dps. Blizz keeps nerfing BM into the ground because too many people, even those in the Hunter community shriek whenever they believe Hunter is 'doing too well'. We get instantly nerfed when other classes like Paladin or Demon Hunter go on for months before getting tweaked. Hunter is looked down at because its 'the EASY class' , so it's incredibly difficult to get invited to pugs, and lots of people can't find groups or guilds that raid when the player has time to do so. Why bring a hunter when you can bring any number of other classes that do 25k or more dps easily, better survivability and have way better raid utility or buffs?
That is certainly a big challenge for hunters in wow. I used to love the feel of SV and MM up to about WotLK but then they became bloated with buttons and I have pretty much played BM exclusively ever since. Hunter performance has been a real rollercoaster ride over the last few expansions; whenever we excel in dps we are nerfed and nerfed until we are average to sub-par and of course have no real other utility to bring. On the other hand, rogues, mages and warlocks (also pure dps classes) are never without a top tier spec AND they have heaps of group utility. 2 hunters were in each of the RWF groups....however, we have now received reasonably large nerfs so it remains to be seen if this will inhibit more hunters being brought along for Mythic runs or if they'll be benched and other classes will need to get the cinder so their hunter alts can tame Nah'qi.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

As someone who loves to collect unique pet models as well as mounts, the fact that this is locked behind Mythic is a laughably obtuse decision on Blizz's part. I genuinely hate this, as someone who hasn't been in the current content raid scene since Wrath. "Raid Prestige" is for people who get WF kills, who gives a goddamn about anyone else that participates in raids? :\

(Especially when, as others have said, hunters have been getting the short end of the stick in terms of buffs.)

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

I didn't mind so much when I thought the cinder was just a forever 100% drop off the Mythic Boss, as that was semi-reasonable as doable by next expac and some struttin-around show-off for the elite raiders of the now. Not a fan, but not annoyed. Now, knowing the cinder is TIED to the mount is a different story. If you are not a top raider this patch, or willing to pay a lot of money (see: WoW Token discourse), then you may genuinely never see this pet, or not for years, as the sub-1% drop rate this mount and thus cinder tied to it is quite miserable indeed. Even next expac, you will be fighting every single person in your raid group to grab this mount and thus cinder, and you won't be able to solo it for another 2-3 years.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Dialga wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:44 am and you won't be able to solo it for another 2-3 years.
More like 6-7.

They've stopped tuning raids. We still can't solo BFA raids on mythic. Hell, LFR is hard.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

One of my FB groups has some one claiming they got the Feather of the Blazing Somnowl in LFR and there's a note on Wowhead that has some one else 11 days ago claiming to have gotten it there too.

Maybe Blizz will change their mind about the Cinder?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Talihawk wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:14 pm One of my FB groups has some one claiming they got the Feather of the Blazing Somnowl in LFR and there's a note on Wowhead that has some one else 11 days ago claiming to have gotten it there too.

Maybe Blizz will change their mind about the Cinder?
Without proof, I would say that it is just people making false claims or someone mistaking another drop for this one. Besides that, if Blizz did change their mind, we would have many more reports with proof. The fact that there aren’t any leads me to believe that nothing has changed.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's not impossible the item exists in LFR, but has been given a 1 in 10 000 drop or something. But it seems unlikely.

It's also possible it can drop if you satisfy some hidden condition that is really obscure (not like they haven't done that before!). But, again, it seems unlikely.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

Anybody you see with the pet got it from mythic Fyrakk or got it when the tame was bugged and had the owl restored. People saying otherwise is someone who had it restored and is lying because they know they don't have the logs and or mount if people choose to dig deeper into it.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that this whole situation was handled poorly and I don't think everyone else fully grasps exactly how poorly this was handled so im going to put all the puzzle pieces together for everyone.

1. The pet was tamable through a bug
2. People take advantage of this
3. Blizzard fixes the bug and removes the pet
4. When Blizzard removed the pet they said absolutely NOTHING, ANYWHERE, in fact I believe the only person to announce it at all was Vephriel in this very thread
5. This resulted in some thinking they lost the pet through a bug and opening a support ticket
6. The rest who knew why it was removed knew some would think it was removed due to a bug also putting in a support ticket acting like those in step 5.
7. This resulted in all who tamed the pet through the bug to get the pet back in the end

Blizzards job is to prevent all of this from happening, they let a bug slip through allowing players to tame the pet, they then removed the pet and did zero communication as to why the pet was removed, they then did zero communication again to the support staff warning of the possibility that tickets might happen. With that Those who decided to take advantage of the exploit came out on top in the end.

This is a perfect example of why support gets instructed to no longer help on certain matters that can be easily exploited, we could lose the ability to have support help restore lost/bugged tames all together through all of this.

This is also why Blizzard should take the L on this one and just make the owl tamable to all.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Xcreeping wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:00 pm Anybody you see with the pet got it from mythic Fyrakk or got it when the tame was bugged and had the owl restored. People saying otherwise is someone who had it restored and is lying because they know they don't have the logs and or mount if people choose to dig deeper into it.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that this whole situation was handled poorly and I don't think everyone else fully grasps exactly how poorly this was handled so im going to put all the puzzle pieces together for everyone.

1. The pet was tamable through a bug
2. People take advantage of this
3. Blizzard fixes the bug and removes the pet
4. When Blizzard removed the pet they said absolutely NOTHING, ANYWHERE, in fact I believe the only person to announce it at all was Vephriel in this very thread
5. This resulted in some thinking they lost the pet through a bug and opening a support ticket
6. The rest who knew why it was removed knew some would think it was removed due to a bug also putting in a support ticket acting like those in step 5.
7. This resulted in all who tamed the pet through the bug to get the pet back in the end

Blizzards job is to prevent all of this from happening, they let a bug slip through allowing players to tame the pet, they then removed the pet and did zero communication as to why the pet was removed, they then did zero communication again to the support staff warning of the possibility that tickets might happen. With that Those who decided to take advantage of the exploit came out on top in the end.

This is a perfect example of why support gets instructed to no longer help on certain matters that can be easily exploited, we could lose the ability to have support help restore lost/bugged tames all together through all of this.

This is also why Blizzard should take the L on this one and just make the owl tamable to all.
So... everyone who had exploited the bug knew what they were doing!
when the pet suddenly disappeared... they could also imagine why, there is no need for communication with the players ^^