Hunter Pet Challenge

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
OnyxHydra
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde); Feathermoon (Alliance)

Hunter Pet Challenge

Unread post by OnyxHydra »

Greetings! Some of you may know me by my old forum name, TygerDarkstorm. I have been away from the game and here for a long, long time now, lol. I decided to start playing again, and, of course, had to come back to my favorite hunter haunt. I've started fresh in game since I don't have any of the emails and such I used before. Anyway, I think I'm up to like 5 hunters already, lol, with the most recent hunter being the reason for this thread! After creating hunters who had very specific themes and stables and burning myself out a bit, I said, what if I make a hunter who just has to tame the first thing she sees?

And thus this idea is born. I challenge my fellow hunters to play along with me. :D

The concept: Tame the first beast you come across wherever it is you're doing your questing or what have you.
General guidelines: If you're on a baby hunter, like me, obviously you're a little more limited in stable slots, so I get somethings will get passed up for the sake of space. No need to duplicate pet species. No need to keep your starter pet either if you roll a hunter who has one.

The main idea is that you're not pre-planning your stables. This concept is very much based on not looking beasts up on Petopia and not skipping something just because you may normally not like it. I hope that all makes sense!

So, to start things off! I decided to roll a highmountain tauren who went to Outland to see just how strange its beasts are. This boar was the first beast she encountered and thus, had to tame.

Since I have 2 stable slots, the second pet I came across was this black worg. I had hoped for the red one, but since the initial ones you come across are already controlled by orcs, the black one ended up being my next encounter. I keep wanting to love this wolf model and hope they'll be on the list to get an upgraded model/texture.

And even if you don't join me, I hope you enjoy Nahlani's Outland creature adventure. :)
OnyxHydra

Re: Hunter Pet Challenge

Nahlani visited the stable master to free up a slot and the next beast she came across and had to tame was this carrion bird.
Boy this one sure is pretty. I love its fiery orange feathers.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Welcome back Tyger

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

OnyxHydra

Thank you so much for the welcome back. ^_^

Nahlani's next tame was this handsome ravager.
OnyxHydra

Nahlani's last tame from Hellfire is Spook.

She moved into Zangarmarsh and the amount of pets I'm just running smack into is almost a bit overwhelming, so I'll have some spam of those tames here soon lol.
OnyxHydra

Like I said, here's a big dump of her tames from Zangarmarsh so far. I forgot how blue this zone and its creatures are, so I gave Nahlani a blue transmog to go with it. It felt a bit like everywhere I turned there was a new beast to tame, so a few of them are still unnamed.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I follow this :D Nice to see the tames :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

OnyxHydra

Thank you! :D

It's kinda fun not planning out a stable and just taming the first beast you come across.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Does it have to be a new hunter, or could I dust off a hunter I've not played for a bit to see what I end up taming?
OnyxHydra

Boven wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:26 pm Does it have to be a new hunter, or could I dust off a hunter I've not played for a bit to see what I end up taming?
I see no reason you couldn't dust off an old hunter to do this. :)
OnyxHydra

I dusted off Nahlani yesterday and had her grab a couple of pets. I'm not crazy about the moth and may end up abandoning it. But I do like the crystal spider who got the very original name of Krystal, lol