Having a macro issue.

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vorhees

Having a macro issue.

Unread post by Vorhees »

So I have a slight problem with inserting pet stances into macros.
/petassist and /petpassive both work as expected.

/petdefensive however....Does not do anything.
I would much rather use the defensive stance over the assisting one in my macros, anyone know a solution?
Vorhees

Re: Having a macro issue.

Unread post by Vorhees »

After looking into it some more, I find that this is a bug that has persisted in the game since roughly 2020, despite numerous reports and forum posts about it...GG Blizz
Vorhees

Re: Having a macro issue.

Unread post by Vorhees »

So changing topics a bit...Kind of.
This is the current iteration of my mark macro:

Code: Select all

#showtooltip
/cast [@target, harm] Hunter's Mark
/cast [known:Misdirection, @focus, help, nodead] Misdirection; [known:Misdirection, @pet, nodead] Misdirection
/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
It does 3 things: Casts Hunter's Mark on my target, casts Misdirection on either my tank or my pet.
(But only if I have misdirection talented. Which I usually don't, when I do group stuff with my guild.)
And finally ensures my pet is behaving correctly.
(Blizzard is good at automatically turning growl off, not so much back on again afterwards...And me neither)

The macro itself works just fine as-is. But I'd like to add more functions if possible.
Currently if I make a mistake and hit the hotkey incorrectly, for example: I'm trying to type something while waiting for the pull, or whatever, but my chat didn't open and my char is jumping around opening bags and stuff instead.
It will still trigger and basically "waste" the misdirect. Not a huge deal, I know but still...

So I would like to stop the macro from continuing beyond the first part if it fails.
Though I suspect this not to be possible, or maybe with a castsequence but that would also mean I have to press the button twice, instead of once....And I'm trying to be lazy here ;)

Secondly, I would like to trigger a particular WeakAura depending on the success or failure of the casting Hunter's Mark.
Basically just playing one of 2 soundbytes, but I'm very new at the WA stuff so I'm not certain how to go about it.

Nevermind this bit, I got it sorted by myself :)