10.2.5 Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: 10.2.5 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Maizou »

I just hope after Dragonflight ends (when the mount becomes 1%), they allow the feather to drop in all difficulties, and introduce a druid mark for it that also drops in all difficulties.

That way the *mount* stays special, and those hunters/druids who got it before the mount became 1% had almost a year of it being exclusive, but then it is widely available.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

There are ducks called "Fowl Beast" - they come in every duck color (I personally saw 4 of them - all but the Mallard, but wowhead's base model for it is the mallard) and are tameable.

Link to their wowhead: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=206073/fowl-beast

They were added back with Time Rifts and I guess no one caught them. But they were the enemy during the daily today (I don't know if they ONLY spawn while the daily is up, but they are up even without having the daily) I logged out in their area and can update if they spawn when the daily isn't up tomorrow.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maizou wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:09 pm There are ducks called "Fowl Beast" - they come in every duck color (I personally saw 4 of them - all but the Mallard, but wowhead's base model for it is the mallard) and are tameable.

Link to their wowhead: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=206073/fowl-beast

They were added back with Time Rifts and I guess no one caught them. But they were the enemy during the daily today (I don't know if they ONLY spawn while the daily is up, but they are up even without having the daily) I logged out in their area and can update if they spawn when the daily isn't up tomorrow.
Thanks! :) I've added them. I was able to confirm the mallard colour as well. I could have sworn I added them when doing Time Rifts, as I know I've encountered them before, but I guess not!

We'll know tomorrow if they disappear when the Time Rift quest changes.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

They are still up today :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Furious ducks in SW not tameable.... cant even beastlore them

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Has anyone tried leveling a hunter on the new Pandamonium /Timerunning thing and checked if any of the extra cloud serpent colors are tameable yet?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I can confirm that none of them are neutral, hostile, or attackable. Hell, nothing seems to have been flagged differently, like they copied live 1:1 and just added things in afterwards.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

awwws what a bummer. Thanks for checking!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Unless some big miracle happens next expansion where unused or untameable looks are added like those cloud serpents or skeletal horses and soul eaters, I’m not really counting on it happening since DF was lackluster when it came to old untameable creatures. As much as I want these pets I’ll stay patient and enjoy what we have
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Talihawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:43 pm Has anyone tried leveling a hunter on the new Pandamonium /Timerunning thing and checked if any of the extra cloud serpent colors are tameable yet?
Is that active??? i cant find it

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Ana wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:04 am
Talihawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:43 pm Has anyone tried leveling a hunter on the new Pandamonium /Timerunning thing and checked if any of the extra cloud serpent colors are tameable yet?
It’s only on the ptr but I heard the testing period is/was April 12-14, bet it ends today
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

worgpower wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:09 am
Ana wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:04 am
It’s only on the ptr but I heard the testing period is/was April 12-14, bet it ends today

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It turns out Wain forgot to update Nahqi's entry now that we know for a fact how to tame it. Someone over on the Secret Finders discord said Petopia wasn't helpful in regards to taming it, and when I looked, it still shows the text "Unfortunately, we currently don't know how to tame her, though we know it's possible" and "While untested, we believe the solution is linked to the Cinder of Companionship, but we currently have no information on how to obtain it". We sadly know that it is confirmed that you need to have looted Anu'relos from Mythic Fyrakk to get the Cinder of Companionship.