The War Within Beta - Beasts Thread

Discuss the next expansion, and the two subsequent chapters of the Worldsoul Saga.
Azlan_13
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: The War Within Beta - Beasts Thread

Unread post by Azlan_13 »

I'm a bit disappointed that there are no stone-lynx models so that I could make it my Earthen's main pet. I love the Ram but I prefer it as the mount but having a lynx made of stone and gems as the Earthen's pet would be awesome.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

I'm still waitin for some of these new croc models.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

A bunch more plunderstorm croc mount colors were posted and they are in fact crocolisks, I just hope a tameable model will come out soon, I’m looking forward to testing hunter pets and other hunter stuff in beta as it comes tomorrow, hopefully more tames were added since alpha
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Some new croc models would be fantastic. The cata crocs, while unique, are definitely very dated in terms of poly count and texture detail. Not as bad as some old models (coughmonkeyscough), but still. Also, beta can be downloaded now if you've been invited, be it through paypig methods (epic edition) or through sheer luck. As of posting, servers are NOT up, but that's expected since they're probably still setting up.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:33 pm Some new croc models would be fantastic. The cata crocs, while unique, are definitely very dated in terms of poly count and texture detail. Not as bad as some old models (coughmonkeyscough), but still. Also, beta can be downloaded now if you've been invited, be it through paypig methods (epic edition) or through sheer luck. As of posting, servers are NOT up, but that's expected since they're probably still setting up.
The old fox also looks so outdated i once thought it was a vanilla model, i wish monkeys and gorillas merged into one primate family
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

worgpower wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:17 pm A bunch more plunderstorm croc mount colors were posted and they are in fact crocolisks, I just hope a tameable model will come out soon, I’m looking forward to testing hunter pets and other hunter stuff in beta as it comes tomorrow, hopefully more tames were added since alpha
Aye that's what im waiting for. I've had my croc slob for years now since they butchered pet families and are to prideful to revert it.
It's about time he got a model upgrade.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I just played beta, it was much easier to test at night when the population is lower, So far the things I found tameable and untameable, like many ramolith variants, including bald ones. Threadings which are my favorite have three different mouth sizes, and more. I also found many creatures that are so far untameable but have different effects, those include the storm wolves, which will probably end up being a BM pet, I found a few fathom rays with a strange streak effect which is untameable, a few goats with a void effect which can’t be tamed, I also found a void stalker wrongly classified as a lizard and it’s massive
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Turns out I found a tameable void goat that retains its effect, its called Malefic Goat, it's located in hallowfall
WoWScrnShot_060624_064320.jpg
WoWScrnShot_060624_064320.jpg (232.08 KiB) Viewed 1499 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Here's a hit or miss feature depending on if you like it or not. Corpsefly hunter pets now walk on the ground
WoWScrnShot_060624_224105.jpg
WoWScrnShot_060624_224105.jpg (329.21 KiB) Viewed 1398 times
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't know the difficulties in implementing this, but I really wish we had a way to cosmetically toggle pets that can fly or walk on the ground, there's quite a few now and sometimes it changes the entire feel of a pet whether it's in the air or grounded.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:06 am I don't know the difficulties in implementing this, but I really wish we had a way to cosmetically toggle pets that can fly or walk on the ground, there's quite a few now and sometimes it changes the entire feel of a pet whether it's in the air or grounded.
A new pet ability should be added

Hover (only given to families with wings) - commands your pet to hover, it should be a toggle, just like skyriding, either let your pet walk and fly. Corpseflies make no sense walking, I’m going to call it a Corpsewalk now on
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

worgpower wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:43 am Here's a hit or miss feature depending on if you like it or not. Corpsefly hunter pets now walk on the ground
HUGE!
Though small pet. would be great on a forsaken

Edit: They really need to add a glyph to make pets bigger.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

DannyGreen wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:50 pm
worgpower wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:43 am Here's a hit or miss feature depending on if you like it or not. Corpsefly hunter pets now walk on the ground
HUGE!

More cosmetic glyphs would be great for hunters like Glyph of Greater Proportion, which is your idea, and imagine a glyph related to divine charger where your aspect of the cheetah would mount you on your current pet, imagine the hype if it were real
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

worgpower wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:37 pm
DannyGreen wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:50 pm
HUGE!

More cosmetic glyphs would be great for hunters like Glyph of Greater Proportion, which is your idea, and imagine a glyph related to divine charger where your aspect of the cheetah would mount you on your current pet, imagine the hype if it were real
I duno if that would really be doable.
I mean it COULD with alot of work. But they won't even change paladins of other races outside of human version of the light so I doubt they'd make entirely new riding animations for critters that dont have the riding model at all.

Glyph of greater proportion, totally doable.
as long as it gets disabled in dungeon/raid.

SIDE NOTE!
Jesus, next month the expansion comes out. that feels... weird.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

War within is still in the beginning of beta so a lot of things are still subject to change and or get added. Hunter is getting some class changes next week so I have hopes for a survival hunter rework. A lot of tameable creatures still need to be fixed and labeled as such. I will definitely post some new tames that are intended when I find something, like the skyrazors or such
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Found another Dustmoth color in Ringing Deeps, they are called Terrace Moths, they look like the underlight queen, but without the sparkles
WoWScrnShot_061124_065159.jpg
WoWScrnShot_061124_065159.jpg (219.86 KiB) Viewed 794 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I decided to test the Arachnophobia, and the nerubians in azj-kahet sport new colors for arachnophobia mode too. The swarmers are transformed into Skitterflies, and the spiders into crabs. Many of those could be potential colors for normal beasts. the black nerubian skitterfly looks like the normal black but with red tinted wings. I also checked out older creatures. Most older spiders before war within use old crab colors, a few exceptions. Corpse tickler crabs also look pretty neat
WoWScrnShot_061124_071724.jpg
WoWScrnShot_061124_071724.jpg (149.35 KiB) Viewed 784 times
WoWScrnShot_061124_071830.jpg
WoWScrnShot_061124_071830.jpg (151.22 KiB) Viewed 784 times
WoWScrnShot_061124_071856.jpg
WoWScrnShot_061124_071856.jpg (187.28 KiB) Viewed 784 times
WoWScrnShot_061124_071938.jpg
WoWScrnShot_061124_071938.jpg (169.74 KiB) Viewed 784 times
WoWScrnShot_061124_074004.jpg
WoWScrnShot_061124_074004.jpg (337.96 KiB) Viewed 784 times
WoWScrnShot_061124_074049.jpg
WoWScrnShot_061124_074049.jpg (319.26 KiB) Viewed 784 times
WoWScrnShot_061124_074103.jpg
WoWScrnShot_061124_074103.jpg (318.79 KiB) Viewed 784 times
This is a very cool feature for those afraid of Spiders. Sorry Wain, there are so many new colors of skitterflies and crabs under arachnophobia mode
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Huh. I didn't realize that the arachnophobia setting also affected blood beasts. I'm guessing it's because of the tick ones and not the crawgs.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Boven wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:18 am Huh. I didn't realize that the arachnophobia setting also affected blood beasts. I'm guessing it's because of the tick ones and not the crawgs.
I have to still check blood ticks, the veinseeker mount had no effect so I will definitely do that while I have the chance
viaradda

Unread post by viaradda »

This week's beta build added a new BM talent:
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/spell=4597 ... sters-call

Can someone with beta access check

1. What skin does the Hati summoned by this use by default?
2. Is this affected by changing your artifact weapon appearance in the Class Hall?
3. Is this affected by transmogging your current weapon into artifact weapon appearances which were linked to different Hati skins?
4. Is this affected by Essence Swapper?