(Ferocity) Pet Talent Build: best all around?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Jroaeyl
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

(Ferocity) Pet Talent Build: best all around?

Unread post by Jroaeyl »

I use this for King Krush and my Spirit Beasts. I've been getting excellent results and I've seen other players in this forum also using the exact built. YMMV.

Level 80 Spirit Beast/Devilsaur

Ferocity (20 Points)

Cobra Reflexes - Rank 2/2
Increases your pet's attack speed by 30%. Your pet will hit faster but each hit will do less damage.

Dash - Rank 1/1
Increases your pet's movement speed by 80% for 16 sec.

Bloodthirsty - Rank 2/2
Your pet's attacks have a 20% chance to increase its happiness by 5% and heal 5% of its total health.

Spiked Collar - Rank 3/3
Your pet does an additional 9% damage with all attacks.

Culling the Herd - Rank 3/3
When your pet's Claw, Bite, or Smack ability deals a critical strike, you and your pet deal 3% increased damage for 10 sec.

Spider's Bite - Rank 3/3
Increases the critical strike chance of your pet by 9%.

Rabid - Rank 1/1
Your pet goes into a killing frenzy. Successful attacks have a chance to increase attack power by 5%. This effect will stack up to 5 times. Lasts 20 sec.

Call of the Wild - Rank 1/1
Your pet roars, increasing your pet's and your melee and ranged attack power by 10%. Lasts 20 sec.

Shark Attack - Rank 2/2
Your pet does an additional 6% damage with all attacks.

Wild Hunt - Rank 2/2
Increases the contribution your pet gets from your Stamina by 40% and attack power by 30%.
Nightmare452
Realm: Anetheron

Re: (Ferocity) Pet Talent Build: best all around?

Unread post by Nightmare452 »

Wow really nice.
Have you considered switching out Dash for Charge?
Orni
Realm: EU Krag'Jin

Unread post by Orni »

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Nightmare452 wrote:Wow really nice.
How is he supposed to change Dash? He has to have three points on the first tier, and Cobra Reflexes only has two ranks.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Nightmare452
Realm: Anetheron

Unread post by Nightmare452 »

saturo wrote:
Nightmare452 wrote:Wow really nice.
How is he supposed to change Dash? He has to have three points on the first tier, and Cobra Reflexes only has two ranks.
Oops! FAIL! My bad.
How about something a little like this?
http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc#cub0bfoz0hoRb
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Jroaeyl wrote:I use this for King Krush and my Spirit Beasts. I've been getting excellent results and I've seen other players in this forum also using the exact built. YMMV.

Level 80 Spirit Beast/Devilsaur

Ferocity (20 Points)

Cobra Reflexes - Rank 2/2
Increases your pet's attack speed by 30%. Your pet will hit faster but each hit will do less damage.

Dash - Rank 1/1
Increases your pet's movement speed by 80% for 16 sec.

Bloodthirsty - Rank 2/2
Your pet's attacks have a 20% chance to increase its happiness by 5% and heal 5% of its total health.

Spiked Collar - Rank 3/3
Your pet does an additional 9% damage with all attacks.

Culling the Herd - Rank 3/3
When your pet's Claw, Bite, or Smack ability deals a critical strike, you and your pet deal 3% increased damage for 10 sec.

Spider's Bite - Rank 3/3
Increases the critical strike chance of your pet by 9%.

Rabid - Rank 1/1
Your pet goes into a killing frenzy. Successful attacks have a chance to increase attack power by 5%. This effect will stack up to 5 times. Lasts 20 sec.

Call of the Wild - Rank 1/1
Your pet roars, increasing your pet's and your melee and ranged attack power by 10%. Lasts 20 sec.

Shark Attack - Rank 2/2
Your pet does an additional 6% damage with all attacks.

Wild Hunt - Rank 2/2
Increases the contribution your pet gets from your Stamina by 40% and attack power by 30%.
That is exactly the way my pets are specced. It maximizes dps the best
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I've been playing around with my pet's spec quite a bit, and this spec is the one that gives me the most dps from my pet. My Rafa's a killin' machine! xD

Edited to add: obviously, I'm not BM... If I were, I'd probably got with something along these lines.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Sokujo
Realm: Borean Tundra

Unread post by Sokujo »

I use the same exact build for general tenacity usage accept I only put one point into Bloodthirsty and instead I put a point into charge.

I find that having only one point into bloodthirsty seems to work fine, plus, I'm a level 80 BM with a mend pet glyph. So I'm usually able to keep their happiness up without much feeding, but even so, I usually have plenty of meat on me to feed them if need be. Healing isn't an issue either.

With the extra point into charge, for soloing I get extra burst dam and stun for better agro and for grouping I get better dps.

If though I'm going into a raid with alot of aoe I usually switch out 2 wild hunts and a shark attack for Great Resistance. This seems to help keep the burst aoe and crit dam down a little.