Loque'Nahak, tips?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shandorei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Magtheridon

Loque'Nahak, tips?

Unread post by Shandorei »

Hey fellow hunters, I've had this interest in the beast here. Loque'Nahak, have spent over three days of playtime camping and searching for this beauty, I really wan't it and a few tips won't hurt much.

I've spotted it, Twice. And failed, twice.

The first time this level 70 hunter (Yeah, level 70!) came around, I had no pet, and no bow, they were red and I couldn't repair at that moment. I faced the hunter and tried melee kill him (lol). He killed me a few times before eventually getting some help from another horde and killed the beast.

Secont time, I logged on at around 5 am, had been lvling my alt and thought I'd check a last time before sleep (Epic moment)
I see it, I fly towards it, but ZOOOM this 80 paladin with epic flyingdrake flew past me and went to the beast. I started shooting at him, didn't do much damage... He kills the beast, and me. :evil:

Notice also this was happening both times in "The Skyreach Pillar".

Now, is it best to camp, or to follow a specific route and fly around and around and mash a target loque button, or shall I stay at that spot (Pillar) and maybe go to the gorillas once in a while? I am doing heroics all the time while standing on the pillar spot, so I know one time will be my time.

Thanks in advance ^^

Alright ... This signature was made by Saturo, and it was based on my old character! But now I rolled a new character and got my profile renamed! :D
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Re: Loque'Nahak, tips?

Unread post by Suicune »

I would stick by the gorillas, personally. I tamed him three times there. You can quickly kill the packs of gorillas and move to the bunch to the left, around the pit thing, that's two spawns you can patrol effortlessly, while getting leather (if you skin). Get the addons (NPC scan, silverdragon, ESN rare), and target macros help for sure. If you have someone who can patrol the area for other spawns (including Loque), that is a major help.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Shandorei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Suicune wrote:I would stick by the gorillas, personally. I tamed him three times there. You can quickly kill the packs of gorillas and move to the bunch to the left, around the pit thing, that's two spawns you can patrol effortlessly, while getting leather (if you skin). Get the addons (NPC scan, silverdragon, ESN rare), and target macros help for sure. If you have someone who can patrol the area for other spawns (including Loque), that is a major help.

Thee times? QQ :(

If I only could trade one of those times with you ...

How long time did you use? :-D

But thanks, I'll try to stick there :D I will get this one ! No matter what

Alright ... This signature was made by Saturo, and it was based on my old character! But now I rolled a new character and got my profile renamed! :D
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Yeah, I'd suggest that spot too; that's where I found my boy for the second time (and King Krush), and my sister helped another Horde tame him at the northern gorilla spawn point.
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Quelthasa wrote:
Suicune wrote:I would stick by the gorillas, personally. I tamed him three times there. You can quickly kill the packs of gorillas and move to the bunch to the left, around the pit thing, that's two spawns you can patrol effortlessly, while getting leather (if you skin). Get the addons (NPC scan, silverdragon, ESN rare), and target macros help for sure. If you have someone who can patrol the area for other spawns (including Loque), that is a major help.

Thee times? QQ :(

If I only could trade one of those times with you ...

How long time did you use? :-D

But thanks, I'll try to stick there :D I will get this one ! No matter what
Well, three times on my Horde lol... I tamed him once on my Alliance, and have seen him quite a few times on alts or while passing through... but a week tops for any of my tames, about. That's including working a full-time job. I wish I could have traded one over to you, as two of them are back roaming the wilds of Azeroth.
/ducks from thrown items
Yeh, people sometimes aren't too happy with my Spirit Beast magnetism :shock:
Good luck!! :mrgreen:
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I tamed him once, though it was entirely by accident, so I can't say how useful it'd be. All I know is that I was wandering down from Nessingwary's camp, killing cats and giraffe-things for leather, when I ran smack into Loque'Nahak. Nobody was around, so I was able to tame him fairly easily; but this could be totally different due to the population on your server.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Bikutandabis
Realm: Nazgrel, (US), Lightbringer (EU)

Unread post by Bikutandabis »

I was lucky, a kindly druid spotted him, asked in general if a hunter wanted him, and invited me to group.
I can say that he is much bigger than the dreadsabers, so i misjudged the trap in the rush. I tamed him fine without the trap.
The spot was along the river, just west of nessingway's camp.
Bikutanda aka Birdienumnum, Bikutandabis
US Nazgrel
EU Lightbringer
Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Dulanie »

This is the spirit beast I want the most. I just love the inner glow effect he has.
We don't die. We multiply.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Dulanie wrote:This is the spirit beast I want the most. I just love the inner glow effect he has.
Yeah, the gnomes in Borean left out some... interesting gadgets. Of course it ended up Loque swallowed one of them. *points at the gnomes* You see? This is why we can't have nice things.

Shandorei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Ryno wrote:
Dulanie wrote:This is the spirit beast I want the most. I just love the inner glow effect he has.
Yeah, the gnomes in Borean left out some... interesting gadgets. Of course it ended up Loque swallowed one of them. *points at the gnomes* You see? This is why we can't have nice things.

Haha xD :D

Thanks for the info guys, I'm just chillin' at the gorillas spot while heroicspamming 0o Well I think if I camp the whole weekend I get it ! :-D

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

I finally got him yesterday.

My advice, don't waste too much time stressing over it. Get _npc scan and _npc overlay at curse and just check every hour.
Sort of boring, but you can just keep your hunter there while leveling an alt.

(Funny thing, I got skoll on the same day AND a completely unrelated hunter got him the same day.
I relate my tames to karma and the fact I had gotten food poisoning for a second time.)

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Kroxis
Realm: Daggerspine -US

Unread post by Kroxis »

I tamed my loque on accident while searching for a living king krush for a week. I later abandoned Loque for skoll, then Gondria for Arcturis so please dont hate me : (

Patience is key.

(I eventually did get King krush, solo even)
Shandorei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

nice, and congrats Chrizesu, hope my time comes soon :-D Logged in but ofc my friend had started a icc10 -,- So I'll wait until he is done because I have _no_ idea what to do in there :p

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Sorry no good news here..... It's all pure luck... I never saw Loque in Shalozar, either dead or alive till just a week or so ago since WoTLK came out...

This is gonna kill most of you and it hurt me, I killed loque... Sadness... But true.. I allready have Skoll, Arcturis.. My other slots are taken up with Spirit of Koosu (Oozling) and Spirit of Atha (3 Headed Hydra); I'll never get rid of these two... and my old world barking Prairie Wolf (still barks at 80, when clicked on) For Raids..
I'm hoping that Blizz will increase the number of stable slots we have, SOON!!, so I can go back and tame Loque.. I realy would love to have all the Spirit Beasts...

WHEN BLIZZ????WHEN?? WE DEMAND MORE STABLE SLOTS!!!!!

I would gladly give up all of my Companion pets for more and varied Hunter pets

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Shandorei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Azzrazzah wrote:Sorry no good news here..... It's all pure luck... I never saw Loque in Shalozar, either dead or alive till just a week or so ago since WoTLK came out...

This is gonna kill most of you and it hurt me, I killed loque... Sadness... But true.. I allready have Skoll, Arcturis.. My other slots are taken up with Spirit of Koosu (Oozling) and Spirit of Atha (3 Headed Hydra); I'll never get rid of these two... and my old world barking Prairie Wolf (still barks at 80, when clicked on) For Raids..
I'm hoping that Blizz will increase the number of stable slots we have, SOON!!, so I can go back and tame Loque.. I realy would love to have all the Spirit Beasts...

WHEN BLIZZ????WHEN?? WE DEMAND MORE STABLE SLOTS!!!!!

I would gladly give up all of my Companion pets for more and varied Hunter pets

Indeed.
We need more slots for pets >< Should've been increase to like 8-10, cmon why not?

And you did WHAT? Killed it ? Why? -,- Don't come here talkin "For da achiv 'mon" Why didnt you say anything in general chat, ask other hunters :p

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Agreed, killing a rare like that is just egoistical...

If you were anywhere near me, I would:

Saturo's [Vengeful Smash] hits Azzrazzah for ∞ damage (∞ Overkill)

Seriously, I would...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Shandorei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Saturo wrote:Agreed, killing a rare like that is just egoistical...

If you were anywhere near me, I would:

Saturo's [Vengeful Smash] hits Azzrazzah for ∞ damage (∞ Overkill)

Seriously, I would...

Haha nice one xD

I am still searching and heroicspamming, hope I'll tame the pet this weekend, shitty weather outside, won't be doing much else soooo... My chances are bigger ^^

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

UGH. I found Loque on my shaman today. And... the situation did NOT end well. At. All. I'll have a thread in the stories area in a bit about it. But... about 1:45 PM ish on Grizzly Hills, he died. I found him near the big rhino skeleton, south of Nesingwary's camp. Just was lucky.