name theme for 25 pets?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: name theme for 25 pets?

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Saturo wrote:Too bad the alphabet is actually 29 letters... You forgot å, ä and ö.
I wouldn't even know how to pronounce those much less remember them. XD

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

å = The o in 'or'.
ä = The a in 'and'.
ö = The u in 'murder', pronounced in British English. "Mu-dah", kind of.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

I'm working on a Muppet theme for my hunter in Electric Mayhem. So far I have Fozzie and Rowlf.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Saturo wrote:å = The o in 'or'.
ä = The a in 'and'.
ö = The u in 'murder', pronounced in British English. "Mu-dah", kind of.
I JUST went and checked Deviantart, and a new update fits this perfectly:

The Alphabet

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

I didn't really have a theme in mind for my current pets, but two of them ended up named after Transformers anyway -- Scoponok and Ironhide. I was planning on a Waspinator too, once I have the room for him.

I did kind of want to make a Troll Hunter named Soundwave, with his pets named after his tapes: Laserbeak, Buzzsaw (carrion birds), Ravage (black panther), Rumble, Frenzy (little hyper ... things), Ratbat (a bat, duh)

My boyfriend has a Troll Hunter, Sebastion, who gave all his pets musical names: Drum the crab, Treble the Wolf and Requiem the Owl so far.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

My current baby alt hunter (Jasmon) has all Legend of Zelda related pets, so I'll stick with that theme for now. cx
Deathly, on the other hand... She really doesn't HAVE a theme. I really don't think she ever will, unless I name all her pets after Potter characters or somethin'.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Shavahi

Unread post by Shavahi »

My main hunter's pets have all been named after weapons: Shamshir (red lynx), Khopesh (Humar), Zhanmadao (black devilsaur), Tonfa (Rotting Agam'ar), Kestros (Dire Raven), ClaidhMhor (Vargul Blighthound), and Dart (Blacksting).
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

A fun idea for a naming scheme would be to collect rare spawn pets and name them for different rare spawn pets. :D Not to mention confusing. ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

One idea I have had is to draw inspiration from the periodic table of elements. Not only do I think this would be a great idea for any science buffs out there, but I also think it would be very appropriate, theme-wise, for any engineering hunters out there or future goblin hunters as well!

The periodic table consists of 103 listed elements (just pick your favorites) so no two hunters could be 100% the same when it comes to naming their pets. You could even alter the spelling of each name (like I would do) around a little bit, for example: Titanium = Titania or Titani; Silver = Silvara or Silvirus.

http://periodictable.com/
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I have a hard time naming five let alone 25. :lol:

But I was following suit with Veph and creating an undead hunter girl and her pets will be the 7 virtues. As time draws nearer look for that thread to determine what each pet should be for the virtues. I really love this idea! Although the name 'Sin' and several variations on that are taken on Nesingwary. :(

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Cerah wrote:I didn't really have a theme in mind for my current pets, but two of them ended up named after Transformers anyway -- Scoponok and Ironhide. I was planning on a Waspinator too, once I have the room for him.

I did kind of want to make a Troll Hunter named Soundwave, with his pets named after his tapes: Laserbeak, Buzzsaw (carrion birds), Ravage (black panther), Rumble, Frenzy (little hyper ... things), Ratbat (a bat, duh)

My boyfriend has a Troll Hunter, Sebastion, who gave all his pets musical names: Drum the crab, Treble the Wolf and Requiem the Owl so far.
I like yer thinking style :P

I usually follow the theme of naming after Transformers or Yuusha, with some other occasional giant robots.

I've used Skorponok and Ironhide (warpstalker), and I have Ravage too (Humar). Should get a norm lion and name it Steeljaw since you used several of the Cassettes already (I like Blaster more than Soundwave, sorry!)

Bad thing...when I think of Ratbat, I think of the artist.
Evandelle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Blackwater Raiders (Alliance), Perenolde (Horde)

Unread post by Evandelle »

I'll probably do the ABC's as well..but I'll probably just start up a new character for that..who's name shall start with A, and go from there :P I'll enjoy that, it's like a challenge! xD
Many thank you's to Siliverin for the best siggy ever, and also hugs and love to kamoodle5 for my most amazazing avatar. <3
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Here's another possible scheme: dk pet names!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:
Cerah wrote:I didn't really have a theme in mind for my current pets, but two of them ended up named after Transformers anyway -- Scoponok and Ironhide. I was planning on a Waspinator too, once I have the room for him.

I like yer thinking style :P

I usually follow the theme of naming after Transformers or Yuusha, with some other occasional giant robots.

I've used Skorponok and Ironhide (warpstalker), and I have Ravage too (Humar). Should get a norm lion and name it Steeljaw since you used several of the Cassettes already (I like Blaster more than Soundwave, sorry!)

Bad thing...when I think of Ratbat, I think of the artist.

Blaster and his tapes are all yours. I prefer Decepticons anyway, as the misunderstood, "evil" faction ... sounds familiar :P

I think Soundwave put it best though:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DRSMOOV?ble ... sLcTtCrqwg

Always good to meet another TF geek! :geek:

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Murloc Chow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US:The Scryers, EU: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Murloc Chow »

I have two (soon to be) Hunters who will have themed names, who might just make it up to the 25 :)
Hunter: Direluck
Possible Pet Names: Baneful, Unfortunate, Monday (white croc), Unlucky, Sad, Hapless, illomened, Inauspicious, Luckless, Baleful, Malign, Doomed, Grim, Blackcloud (windserpent), Miserable, Pathetic, Pitiful, Rueful, Wretched, Lousy, Badluck, Corruption, Jinxed, Direstraits, Disastrous, Catastrophic (has to be a cat :D ), Ominous(maybe an owl), Impending (bird of some kind).

Hunter: Tencopper
Possible Pet Names: Money, Coin, Greed, Copper, Greenback, LoanShark, Blackmail, Dollar, Pirate, Debt, Frugal, Scrooge, Tax, Mint, Fiscal, ClippedCoin, PreciousGem/Coin, Cash, Shilling, Krone, Yen, Penny, Nickel, Dime, Token, Moolah, Quid, Tally, Swap, Swindle, Pence, Peso, etc. Any numerical combination. They will all be green, gold or silver skins.

Artist: Murloc Chow, Medium: msPaint
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Maybe (and a big maybe at that) if I make a Human Hunter I could name all her pets after posters here in the forums. There are some really nice names already in here and there's definitely more than 25 to choose from.

The fun thing I think would be to theme the pet to the personality of the poster.
For example: Vephriel would be a black devilsaur; Ryno would be a Rhino of course; Mania would be a crab or pink tallstrider; and so on and so forth.

If I choose to go this route, I'd make a point to post a thread in the forums or send a private tell so that people can submit feedback as to what pet they'd like to have represent them. Hmmm? The more I think about it now, the more I want to do it! I'll let you know :mrgreen:
Curumor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Curumor »

VelkynKarma wrote:
Saturo wrote:Too bad the alphabet is actually 29 letters... You forgot å, ä and ö.

~VelkynKarma
Like Saturo said, you already pronounce them ^^

Å/å = Bored/Board (Bård)
Æ/æ = Bad/And (Bæd/Ænd)
Ø/ø = Germ/Sir (Djørm/Sør)

Anyway, I'll probably stick with my usual theme: Drow and Quenya/Sindarin names and words.
I used Veldrin (Drow for shadow) on Humar, and my Oil covered wolf is named Garaf (Sindarin for Wolf), for example.
Might mix in some Grey elf words there too..

Yes, I'm a very big geek. :P
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Curumor wrote:
VelkynKarma wrote:

~VelkynKarma
Like Saturo said, you already pronounce them ^^

Å/å = Bored/Board (Bård)
Æ/æ = Bad/And (Bæd/Ænd)
Ø/ø = Germ/Sir (Djørm/Sør)

Anyway, I'll probably stick with my usual theme: Drow and Quenya/Sindarin names and words.
I used Veldrin (Drow for shadow) on Humar, and my Oil covered wolf is named Garaf (Sindarin for Wolf), for example.
Might mix in some Grey elf words there too..

Yes, I'm a very big geek. :P
Hardly geeky at all. Silinrul (my main hunter) is an night elf and her name means 'hunter' in drow. All her pets (Jiaphyon, Felyndril, Rhylnar, Altonin, and Dhaundax) are drow words or use drow naming suffixes from this site. Well...so I guess that actually means we're BOTH geeks then? XD
Niabi wrote:Maybe (and a big maybe at that) if I make a Human Hunter I could name all her pets after posters here in the forums. There are some really nice names already in here and there's definitely more than 25 to choose from.

The fun thing I think would be to theme the pet to the personality of the poster.
For example: Vephriel would be a black devilsaur; Ryno would be a Rhino of course; Mania would be a crab or pink tallstrider; and so on and so forth.

If I choose to go this route, I'd make a point to post a thread in the forums or send a private tell so that people can submit feedback as to what pet they'd like to have represent them. Hmmm? The more I think about it now, the more I want to do it! I'll let you know :mrgreen:
This is a very intriguing idea XD I'd love to see what kind of stable you end up taming :D

As for me, I've started a little BE hunter to begin the alphabet idea I came up with. His name is Aran, and his first pet's name is Burstfyre. I'll see if I can not only get all my pets, but go down the line in order to boot XD

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

Evandelle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Blackwater Raiders (Alliance), Perenolde (Horde)

Unread post by Evandelle »

Niabi wrote:Maybe (and a big maybe at that) if I make a Human Hunter I could name all her pets after posters here in the forums. There are some really nice names already in here and there's definitely more than 25 to choose from.

That sounds so awesome ^^ Lemme know how this ends up going.
Many thank you's to Siliverin for the best siggy ever, and also hugs and love to kamoodle5 for my most amazazing avatar. <3
Curumor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Curumor »

VelkynKarma wrote:
Hardly geeky at all. Silinrul (my main hunter) is an night elf and her name means 'hunter' in drow. All her pets (Jiaphyon, Felyndril, Rhylnar, Altonin, and Dhaundax) are drow words or use drow naming suffixes from this site. Well...so I guess that actually means we're BOTH geeks then? XD

~VelkynKarma
Hehehe... Nice ^^
A friend (and fellow hunter) actually has Streea and Aphyon tattooed on her wrists in Drow runes. I have my real name in Tengwar runes on my right hand :P