Death Knight Speeches!

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Galahandra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Mazrigos

Death Knight Speeches!

Unread post by Galahandra »

So, as we all know, when in the Death Knight starting area you have to kill a member of the Argent Dawn of your chosen race. As you also know, you get a speech done by said NPC relating to your character.

Today I logged onto my Goblin DK to see that this has finally been added for them. Oh, and my Goblin DK is called Narielle. Hope you enjoy it:

Gally Lumpstain: C... can't we work this out somehow?
Gally Lumpstain: Alright, j... just let me... let me st... stand up.
Gally Lumpstain: Narielle?
Gally Lumpstain: Narielle, I'd recognize that face anywhere... what... what have they done to you Narielle?
Gally Lumpstain: You don't remember me Narielle? I lost count of the number of jobs you and I ran back in the day on Kezan. Then I picked up a real bad Kaja'Cola habit and you saved me! It was you who took me to Kalimdor to join the Steamwheedle Cartel. You were the only good goblin I knew. That's how I ended up in the Argent Dawn, because I knew it's what you woulda done. How could this have happened to you?
Gally Lumpstain: Remember the Goblin you once were sister! You were my best friend! Fight this!
Gally Lumpstain: Listen to me, Narielle. You must fight against the Lich King's control. He is a monster who wants to see this world - our world - in ruin. Don't let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a hero and can be again. Fight, damn you! Fight his control!
Knight Commander Plaguefist yells: What's going on in there? What's taking so long Narielle?
Gally Lumpstain: There... There's no more time for me. I'm done for. Finish me off, Narielle. Do it or they'll kill us both. Narielle... Remember Kezan, our beloved home. This world is worth saving.
Gally Lumpstain: Do it, Narielle! Put me out of my misery!
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Re: Death Knight Speeches!

Unread post by Darknez »

"Brought a tear to me eye!"
Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture Co - Nesingwary

Unread post by Zanidar »

Lumpstain?
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

*cries*

I remember those quests. I loved them so much, but they made me so sad D8

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

lol Too funny.

Thanks for the info. I'll admit, I was curious.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Any info on the worgen one?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Galahandra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Not got a Worgen DK, I'll go create one now to find out for you :)

Edit: Runeforging not working, so cannot get past the third quest!

Edit 2: Something I think is quite interesting, your Worgen form isn't available to you, as are none of the Worgen racials!
Last edited by Galahandra on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kalliope

Thanks! :D

YouTube Edition

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I hate this quest.
It was so... twisted and cruel.
I cried quite a bit after doing it.

note: I guess I get way too involved in my quests.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Kalliope

Sukurachi wrote:I hate this quest.

Nah, a LOT of people have said that these quests moved them to tears. They're meant to! Especially the night elf one...

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kalliope wrote:

Nah, a LOT of people have said that these quests moved them to tears. They're meant to! Especially the night elf one...
I loved those quests, they demonstrate the ruthlessness of DKs.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I liked them too. It made you think if only for a few seconds.

Thing is. They're there, on purpose. Not too many of them but they're there. (( don't want to make people so guilty they stop playing)) If you sit back and think about it, by the time you hit 80 you've killed literal 1000s of people. Not even exaggerating. 1000s of people 1000s of critters and beasts. Each lvl 80 out there has done this, but people get tore up about this quest and the one in BT where you use a tazer thing to shock some guy into giving information because the Kirin tor guy had a code that wouldn't let HIM do it. (( like the US uses Egypt to do our 'questioning')) People freaked out. Refused to do the quest chain and stuff. Totally ignoring the fact they've killed 100s and 1000s of people just to get to that point.

Quin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US )

Unread post by Quin »

Well, that said, there is a difference between killing in the heat of battle or to defend yourself (mob being aggressive, attacking you) versus torturing a helpless man for information while he begs you to stop. The same can be said for killing a helpless, injured friend. Very different situations than the "normal" kill-them-before-they-kill-you scenario.
Quiniel Suncrier

Mini-Pet Collection - Mount Collection - Tabard Collection

Many thanks to Ket Shi for the lovely signature and Moonlost for the wonderful avatar!
Galahandra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Still unable to Runeforge, so still unable to checkout the speech for the Worgen NPC. From what I can see on my level 80 DK is that all Runeforging has currently been disable, as am not seeing a single thing in the window for it!

x
Kalliope

That's pretty lame. :(

YouTube Edition

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Kalliope wrote:

Heh you'd think if you were to roll a Death Knight you would have to experience some Death... I kid.

Whats sad about DK's is that I only felt like a deathknight during the initial part of the storyline from 55-58. After you get into outland... you just feel like some sort of hybrid warrior/lock.

I wish as a Death Knight there would be more things to access/not have access too. Perhaps even after you would be stunned and forbidden to go into the Cathedral in SW ~ Or maybe you could interact with Spirits more when you're dead...

Spirit Steve (Spirit Healer's Minion): "Hey Royi, I see that ____ killed you again... Those repair bills have to be getting expensive... You could have probably bought 1/3 of Gnomeregan from the Troggs by now..."
Royi: "Hey Steve, yeah they're getting up there... Well at least I get to keep fighting and killing stuff without having the fear of ending up in some boring spirity dead-only paperwork type jo.... oh wait... I'm sorry... I forgot about your situation with the Spirit Healer there... Hey don't look down... I'll be back soon when I die next time... who knows... maybe Bolvar will come looking for a new class of knights... It could happen you know..."
Spirit Steve (Spirit Healer's Minion): "Maybe... that would be neat..."
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I liked them too. It made you think if only for a few seconds.

Thing is. They're there, on purpose. Not too many of them but they're there. (( don't want to make people so guilty they stop playing)) If you sit back and think about it, by the time you hit 80 you've killed literal 1000s of people. Not even exaggerating. 1000s of people 1000s of critters and beasts. Each lvl 80 out there has done this, but people get tore up about this quest and the one in BT where you use a tazer thing to shock some guy into giving information because the Kirin tor guy had a code that wouldn't let HIM do it. (( like the US uses Egypt to do our 'questioning')) People freaked out. Refused to do the quest chain and stuff. Totally ignoring the fact they've killed 100s and 1000s of people just to get to that point.
I bet this person hasn't killed 100s

http://www.wow.com/2008/01/08/15-minute ... -pacifist/

His blog: http://pacifistundeadpriest.blogspot.com/
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Quin wrote:Well, that said, there is a difference between killing in the heat of battle or to defend yourself (mob being aggressive, attacking you) versus torturing a helpless man for information while he begs you to stop. The same can be said for killing a helpless, injured friend. Very different situations than the "normal" kill-them-before-they-kill-you scenario.
Killing THOUSANDS of people with your own hands in battle. Vs torturing one guy to get information? Sure it's a bit different, but if you're the sort that can pick up the Axe, Gun, or Wand and kill not a few. Not a few dozen. Not a few 100, but THOUSANDS of people to even get to that point, using a shock helmet on a guy isn't that big a deal. Sure it's bad. Sure it's supposed to make you think, but it's not a huge giant deal when you realize that by that point in the game you're 100s of times worse than the most proficient mass murderers in human history. Sure. It's war. I get it. Most of the mobs you kill are bad. Far from all. There's MANY questlines in wow where you're out killing people just because the quest giver doesn't much like um, or needs ____ from them.

Yes killing the friend that's going to die anyway is a bit rough. But these are hardened killers of 100s to 1000s of people. Giving mercy to a friend, and saving your own life isn't going to rank too high there, on the list of sins.

Heck I feel worse about poisoning the dog in Hillsbrad.

Quin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US )

Unread post by Quin »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Quin wrote:Well, that said, there is a difference between killing in the heat of battle or to defend yourself (mob being aggressive, attacking you) versus torturing a helpless man for information while he begs you to stop. The same can be said for killing a helpless, injured friend. Very different situations than the "normal" kill-them-before-they-kill-you scenario.
Killing THOUSANDS of people with your own hands in battle. Vs torturing one guy to get information? Sure it's a bit different, but if you're the sort that can pick up the Axe, Gun, or Wand and kill not a few. Not a few dozen. Not a few 100, but THOUSANDS of people to even get to that point, using a shock helmet on a guy isn't that big a deal. Sure it's bad. Sure it's supposed to make you think, but it's not a huge giant deal when you realize that by that point in the game you're 100s of times worse than the most proficient mass murderers in human history. Sure. It's war. I get it. Most of the mobs you kill are bad. Far from all. There's MANY questlines in wow where you're out killing people just because the quest giver doesn't much like um, or needs ____ from them.

Yes killing the friend that's going to die anyway is a bit rough. But these are hardened killers of 100s to 1000s of people. Giving mercy to a friend, and saving your own life isn't going to rank too high there, on the list of sins.

Heck I feel worse about poisoning the dog in Hillsbrad.
I guess I'll have to respectfully disagree. :) Which is fine! Most of the mobs my character has killed are Scourge: evil, undead legions swarming to devour the world. I don't really count PvP kills as "real" ones in a way, I mean, they spirit-rez and are back trying to kick my booty in under 60 seconds. :lol:

Again, as former military, I have to respectfully disagree that casually torturing a man isn't any different than running on fear, adrenaline, and survival instinct to kill in an all-out battle, etc. And I know its certainly different than walking up to a dying, helpless man and slaughtering them.
Quiniel Suncrier

Mini-Pet Collection - Mount Collection - Tabard Collection

Many thanks to Ket Shi for the lovely signature and Moonlost for the wonderful avatar!