Good bye Volley, It was nice knowing you... : (

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Re: Good bye Volley, It was nice knowing you... : (

Unread post by Epicfail »

To be completely honest, since they are changing the entire mechanic of the class and how dungeons/groups work in Cata, this is probably just one of those growing pains that we have to go through to get where we are growin. Its easy to spread fear when you don't have all the info.

patch 1 - "WE"RE ALL GONNA DIE IN A FIRE!!!"
patch 2 - "WE"RE ALL GONNA BURN IN A FIRE!!!"
patch 3 - "WE'RE ALL GONNA BURN LIKE MEAT IN A FIRE!!!"
patch 4 - "Oh, we're all going to cook meat in a fire... never mind guys! silly patch note updates..."

On the "its just too much like magic"... let me see if I get this straight...

1) The hunter turns to face the mob of enemies!
2) The hunter thrusts his gun to the sky in a fierce, manly fashion.
3) Arrows? rain down, spreading much doom and dismay to mob of enemies...
4) Rogue kicks hunter in the balls, halting his channelled "skill" and hunter rolls on the ground for a few...

1) The mage turns to face the mob of enemies!
2) The mage thrusts his staff to the sky in a fierce manly fashion.
3) Bolts of ice rain down, spreading much doom and dismay to the mob of enemies.
4) Rogue kicks mage in the balls, halting his channelled "spell" and mage rolls on the ground for a few...

THAT is how its a magical attack. There is nothing "huntery" about shooting a gun into the air and a sea of arrows blots out the sun... Its epic...after a fashion... true. But its basically a blizzard with arrows. The mechanic of multishot is a complete hommage to Lego-ass multi-shotting orcs in LOTR. In that vein, its very huntery. However, we should also be able to slide down stairs on an orc shield and climb on the backs of large bosses and shoot them in the back of the head.... I'm just saying...

The hunter is the new and improved rogue. Sorta. Its like the DK is the rogue magic tank. The hunter is becoming the ranged rogue dpser. If hunters end up like rogues in having the absolute best single target DPSer in the game, all this pain, suffering and ball-clutching will be worth it, right guys???

Actually, I'm kinda hoping everyone's class gets the "DOGPILE!" Skill for raiding. See like 25 people dogpile onto deathwing, clinging on for dear life like the kobolds during northrend beasts.... just pick a body part, hold on with one hand and use the other to poke his kidneys...

Hrm... I think I've digressed here somewhere... maybe...
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Much as I love the imagery there, getting kicked wouldn't stop a volley channel. :lol: Which actually furthers the theory that it's not a magical attack...hmmm! ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Kalliope wrote:Much as I love the imagery there, getting kicked wouldn't stop a volley channel. :lol: Which actually furthers the theory that it's not a magical attack...hmmm! ;)
That was a cheap shot... ;-P
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kalliope wrote:Much as I love the imagery there, getting kicked wouldn't stop a volley channel. :lol: Which actually furthers the theory that it's not a magical attack...hmmm! ;)
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you've never been massively kicked in the balls.
The stars fall.
The angels weep.
The world ends.
and THEN it hits you, someone just nailed you in the mean bean machine. The realization itself takes a few seconds to happen and then, that realization may be the only thought in your mind for a little while after that.
And then... vengence... and tears... or... tears.. and THEN vengence...
or maybe just tears if you probably deserved it.
Usually we do...

Cheap shot = Coup de Grace = solid blow to the man jewels... and yes, it stops Volley. Trust me.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Elvirra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Elvirra »

Six pages of this?! Really?!?

IT'S BETA!! FREAKIN RELAX,PPL!! Sheesh....

Personally,I don't use Volley all that much..I don't raid,don't do instances,don't Arena and I try to avoid BG's like the plague...I DO however play the game I wish to play...and I'm not that upset with Volley leaving...anymore than Viper Sting or any other ability or
"spell" that I hardly use. Really,it was explained by GC why it was leaving...they want Multi Shot to be our AE shot...and you can bet they will up those shots from 3...possibly up to 6-7,I'd bet.

And please,the GC haters...he does more for the community than you give credit for,and while I disagree with him on some occasions,
he is the only developer that talks to us about about anything..and for that,I,for one,am grateful.

Sorry if I ruffled some feathers,but this thread sounds like an Oboard QQ thread,and I thought we were above all that here. Guess I was wrong. /shrug

Kitairra
Kalliope

Epicfail wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you've never been massively kicked in the balls.
*dies laughing*

I'm sorry, Epic and any other males in the population - I'm not a guy, so I can't fully, truly appreciate this level of pain.

You have a point! :lol:

YouTube Edition

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Kalliope wrote:I can't fully, truly appreciate this level of pain.
That is QFT! :lol:

No, really... With a well placed kick you can actually put any guy out of the fight for several minutes.
When hit there, males tend to retreat into their own little universe of pain. And believe me, you don't even think of leaving there for quite a while! ;)
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

No, all you want to do is curl up into a ball and nurse yourself until you can breath again, and you stop seeing stars. I've had to fight through this before, but I'd much, much rather not....

Also, the concept behind volley isn't "I make arrows rain from the sky!" it's "I fire so many shots so friggin' fast that I saturate an area in lead/arrows." That's what it MEANS to fire a volley, and as far as that goes, I love the hell out of that idea a lot more then multishot. There is no magical concept here, except that gun's make it rain arrows too.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Imagine how it must feel for a level 1 toon to be one hit by a lvl 100 elite rare boss. Then triple it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Karathyriel wrote:
Kalliope wrote:I can't fully, truly appreciate this level of pain.
That is QFT! :lol:

No, really... With a well placed kick you can actually put any guy out of the fight for several minutes.
When hit there, males tend to retreat into their own little universe of pain. And believe me, you don't even think of leaving there for quite a while! ;)
Knee to groin = Effective combat strategy, in other words.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by wildstormz »

They could call it Army of Volley as in like war movies where you have your team all shooting arrows then it sounds normal :)
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

"You're skill at successfully de-railing a thread has increased by 1!"

You know, I thought I'd have topped out at this point, but every new expansion that limit just keeps going up... /sigh...

*ahem*
Let Volley RIP if they end up totally killing it off. We'll be fine. I'm sure. Trust me! :D
I'd never lead you wrong... though, I might de-rail you for a while...
Silvarain
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary Horde, Azjol-Nerub Alliance
Location: lost in a dark isolated forest, waiting to be found...

Unread post by Silvarain »

Elvirra wrote:Six pages of this?! Really?!?

IT'S BETA!! FREAKIN RELAX,PPL!! Sheesh....

Personally,I don't use Volley all that much..I don't raid,don't do instances,don't Arena and I try to avoid BG's like the plague...I DO however play the game I wish to play...and I'm not that upset with Volley leaving...anymore than Viper Sting or any other ability or
"spell" that I hardly use. Really,it was explained by GC why it was leaving...they want Multi Shot to be our AE shot...and you can bet they will up those shots from 3...possibly up to 6-7,I'd bet.

And please,the GC haters...he does more for the community than you give credit for,and while I disagree with him on some occasions,
he is the only developer that talks to us about about anything..and for that,I,for one,am grateful.

Sorry if I ruffled some feathers,but this thread sounds like an Oboard QQ thread,and I thought we were above all that here. Guess I was wrong. /shrug

Kitairra
this wasnt so nice. most know that GC talks to us but he didnt get a good nights sleep before handling volleys removal. your fellow hunters are SAD because of how it was addressed and that they themselves DO use it for a number of things. things were explained at a latter date but still a friend is gone and wed like to mourn for it :hug:
Ron: "Up next, is the world ending? But first weather with Ororo. Ororo?"
Ororo: "It's raining frogs, it's raining frogs. What can i say? Back to you."
Ron: "Thanks Ororo."

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Kalliope

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now just take off the cast time.....

YouTube Edition

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

:D
Kalliope

Oh, and is it too late to add a "GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!"? :D

YouTube Edition

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Kalliope

That's the stuff! :lol:

YouTube Edition

Silvarain
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary Horde, Azjol-Nerub Alliance
Location: lost in a dark isolated forest, waiting to be found...

Unread post by Silvarain »

neva played a rogue, exactly what does that mean? they have to buy lots of throw weapons to use that right? so whats up with "70% weapon damage with all other weapons"? glad we get magically appearing arrows lol
Ron: "Up next, is the world ending? But first weather with Ororo. Ororo?"
Ororo: "It's raining frogs, it's raining frogs. What can i say? Back to you."
Ron: "Thanks Ororo."