Hydras WILL be tameable!!!!!

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Hydras WILL be tameable!!!!!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yosh!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kööna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin - US

Unread post by Kööna »

Lupen202 wrote:I just saw this too! So excited :D

I've always hated myself for abandoning the spirit-hydra that was tame able for a short time in sholozar... I've wanted a hydra forever and now I finally can. I wish this would be implemented before wod lol. I've waited so long already dang it.

I had that one, too. Then, I went: PSHHH I AIN'T GON' NEED YOU LIL' BOI!!!

WHat a big mistake it was.
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Definitely looking forward to this. Though I note the pic showed the old model, which they said they hated and was a big reason why they weren't yet tameable - guess that means the new model isn't finished yet, but they wanted to test out the code and such anyway.

Man, now I'm gonna have to start trying to come up with a name... or would I need three?
Image Image
Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

This really made my day here also,and this definately has me looking forward to WoD even more now.
Can't wait to tame the blue/white hydra in Maraudon.<3
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Wykea wrote:Definitely looking forward to this. Though I note the pic showed the old model, which they said they hated and was a big reason why they weren't yet tameable - guess that means the new model isn't finished yet, but they wanted to test out the code and such anyway.

Man, now I'm gonna have to start trying to come up with a name... or would I need three?
Three, Jose, Jos B, and Jos C. :-)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Wykea wrote:now I'm gonna have to start trying to come up with a name... or would I need three?
In keeping with my vegetal theme, my initial thought is to name mine Trillium.
Last edited by GormanGhaste on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Oooo I think my panda would LOVE a big red hydra :D

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Would love to tame...

but it's probably unlikely :(
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Tilo wrote:Would love to tame...

Chimaeron actually seems to be verified, so you'll likely get your wish. :)
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

How was he verified? I must've missed that...
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

In a response to someone asking him about Chimaeron, Jeremy replied with:
Most base crieterion for tameable bosses is "can you solo it?" Eagerly awaiting hunter videos :)
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

So basically, first thing Hunters get with GC gone is what we been wanting and asking for years?

Awesome.

and thank you blizz for confirming GC was a ***explicit rant here***
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lets not turn this into a GC bashing. This has nothing to do with him.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Vephriel wrote:In a response to someone asking him about Chimaeron, Jeremy replied with:
Most base crieterion for tameable bosses is "can you solo it?" Eagerly awaiting hunter videos :)
Did a 'dry run' (for science!) to see how long I'd last with him melee hitting me. If you pull at max range you'll be fine, since it takes a full 5 seconds after reaching you for him to even hit you. As for how hard he hits, at worst he's probly take maybe half your HP with one attack.

I'm pretty sure glyphed Tame Beast with Deterrence will be fast enough, so we should be fine taming him in WoD. So long as the stat squish doesn't screw things up.

P.S. I'd be willing to help lower geared hunters clear their way to him when the time comes. ;)
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I'm sure you will last even longer once we can gain a few more levels too. (unless this is a boss mechanics problem we are worrying about- I think I only ever fought this guy once like two years ago so I don't remember him well) and it wouldn't be the first time that hunters called in a friend for help if they had to. My whole guild got together and planned a day to help me 70 tame chromaggus when he first became a beast.
and just adding my name to the list, when I come back to wow I would most certainly help hunters tame the boss.

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

I have no interest in taming that ugly hydra, however I would love to help people catch it if the want it
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Tilo wrote:Would love to tame...

Deterrence last for 5 sec, Glyph of Tame Beast cuts my tame to just over 5 sec (5.4 sec) I think he is doable. :D :mrgreen:

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

As a long time owner of the Ghost Hydra from Wrath, I knew this day would come. Hopefully they update the hydra model and its animations a bit, since that was their main complaint about it. Honestly though, as long as I can tame Chimaeron and the outland Hydras, I'll be happy. <3 They just look more beastly and unique in my eyes, compared to the average model I've used for years now.

But I'm happy for you all, finally hunters can check off Hydra on the wish list.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

PorrasouxRex wrote:As a long time owner of the Ghost Hydra from Wrath, I knew this day would come. Hopefully they update the hydra model and its animations a bit, since that was their main complaint about it. Honestly though, as long as I can tame Chimaeron and the outland Hydras, I'll be happy. <3 They just look more beastly and unique in my eyes, compared to the average model I've used for years now.

But I'm happy for you all, finally hunters can check off Hydra on the wish list.
Pretty sure that's forthcoming, and they just threw a dry-run of coding together first to be sure the taming mechanics worked.
Image Image
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Holgarr wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:As a long time owner of the Ghost Hydra from Wrath, I knew this day would come. Hopefully they update the hydra model and its animations a bit, since that was their main complaint about it. Honestly though, as long as I can tame Chimaeron and the outland Hydras, I'll be happy. <3 They just look more beastly and unique in my eyes, compared to the average model I've used for years now.

Pretty sure that's forthcoming, and they just threw a dry-run of coding together first to be sure the taming mechanics worked.
I just wonder how they'll do it. For example, the "run" animation of the hydra looks sloppy, the heads lean very close to the ground and at high speeds the body just flails around. The head animation for the Hydra should stay however, as it is great to watch it interact with the other heads. Hopefully we get something unique if Chimaeron does become tameable, like the claw scratching the main head or something. It would look awkward to have the main head growling at a claw for no reason.

Would be nice if we had more attack animations as well for it. The main head is the only one that attacks, while the other two just watch. Hopefully like a triple-head attack or a claw, or swinging the tail at the target like the Direhorn.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."