Legion Pre Patch

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Legion Pre Patch

Unread post by Kurasu »

I've got enough hunters for the moment, I think. Unless I need a mail wearer on another server for extra gear, I'll stick with what I have and just aim to get Kura his item. Especially since mechanical pets don't have an ability that makes them more worthwhile (or any at all; do they even have a basic attack?).

Now *transmog*, I'll be farming the hell out of. I've already been plucking a few things out of dungeons and quests that I didn't have before. And I'm aiming for 4000 Draenor seeds so I can get the full outfit of transmog goodies from the farm.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I will be making a gnome hunter, but probably not for the mechanical pets. He's going to be tribal, and I'll probably go with jungle or swamp pets.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I don't want to spoilerize it for anyone, but I have a question...

could someone tell me how to create a hidden text that covers a phrase so someone who doesn't want to read it will see either a black bar or nothing.

I'd rather not post my question for fear it might contain elements others don't want to see.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Sukurachi wrote:I don't want to spoilerize it for anyone, but I have a question...

could someone tell me how to create a hidden text that covers a phrase so someone who doesn't want to read it will see either a black bar or nothing.

I'd rather not post my question for fear it might contain elements others don't want to see.
I could be way off, but I don't think we have one. I would think it would be something like [spoiler] [/spoiler].

In the mean time, you can put your question in an image and simply link it like this:

EXAMPLE: CLICK HERE FOR QUESTION, POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Just an option.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Doesn't look like Petopia has a spoiler tag like other sites I've seen, sadly. But maybe you could write spoiler, then underneath write your question colored with the hex code #e9eeeb? Those that want to read would just have to highlight it. There's also #Cdcdcd & #E7E5E8 that are a little darker, to name a few...

Example:

SPOILER

Text text text text Insert secret message here

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm having trouble getting a colour that actually completely hides the text, so please, if you want to know absolutely nothing about the events in legion (as little as I mention), just scroll right past my post.

OK!
so here's my question: is the pre-patch invasion event [the quests that send you out with all the horde leaders, where you see Varian killed, and then come back to Orgrimmar to meet with the new Warchief?] I tried to make my question as little spoilerish as possible.

In the beta there's an option to not do those quests, just skip right back to after those events. Would this also exist on Live server?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

kanoku
Realm: Turalyon

Unread post by kanoku »

sukurachi: in short nope, thats for when legion actually hits, for now its just the invasions all over azeroth, you can get transmog sets, gear ilvl 700, weapons can be upgraded tot 725

and for the skipping part, yeah you should be able to skip (maybe you have to do it one 1 char, but no sure about this)
Cymbrogi
Realm: Warsong

Unread post by Cymbrogi »

Is Thok going to be in pre-patch or is he only in Legion. I checked the pre-patch page and saw he wasn't there but didn't know if that was an oversight or if he was only in legion. Thanks
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Cymbrogi wrote:Is Thok going to be in pre-patch or is he only in Legion. I checked the pre-patch page and saw he wasn't there but didn't know if that was an oversight or if he was only in legion. Thanks
He will be in the pre-patch. Because Thok is really a Mists of Pandaria boss, he is already in-game. The pre-patch will just make him 'tameable'. So once the pre-expansion patch goes live, you will be able to tame Thok :)

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Sukurachi wrote:so here's my question:
According to this, the Broken Shore intro is part of the pre-patch

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4164 ... arly-here/
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Quiv wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:so here's my question:
According to this, the Broken Shore intro is part of the pre-patch

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4164 ... arly-here/

Huh, I might've been wrong then (sorry Sukurachi!). THough that post makes it sound like it's not going to be right when the patch hits, more in the later weeks (like in August). Cause when they had us do the whole "Legion Launch Beta Test" (to simulate Legion's actual launch experience), that scenario was part of what they made us test. Which is why I always thought it was a Legion launch thing, not a pre-patch thing. But it definitely does say it's not tied only to Legion expansion.

Huh. Well now I feel dumb lol XD But I think it makes more sense now that I read it more closely.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yep, it'll be in the Pre Patch, just not immediately. It'll launched around the same time as the early access to Demon Hunters, seeing as their questline ties right in to the end of the Broken Shore questlines. The Broken Shore will continue to be around even after Legion launches. There'll be an archivist in Dalaran that will allow you to do it anytime you want.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Blizz just announced on their main website that the Pre Patch launches July 19.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

The hype/worry is real.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

If timing is usual, that means Europe will probably get it a day-ish later, since the server goes down on Tuesday night. Hopefully that means by the time it drops for EU, they'll have figured out the massive crashes and hotfix them. ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

More worry. I assumed it was the 19th, so no surprise. Nothing changes. But there's so much I'm doing in prep. Mostly gold making things... But also CMs. I'm not heartbroken if I don't get them though because I hate the yeti, I just wanted it for my collection, but it'd still be nice to get. Unlikely now though.

Still really salty about the lack of mounts ... Unless they still add more to the beta in the month left
. Bah.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I think a few of us called it. Can't wait!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Lupen202 wrote:More worry. I assumed it was the 19th, so no surprise. Nothing changes. But there's so much I'm doing in prep. Mostly gold making things... But also CMs. I'm not heartbroken if I don't get them though because I hate the yeti, I just wanted it for my collection, but it'd still be nice to get. Unlikely now though.

Still really salty about the lack of mounts ... Unless they still add more to the beta in the month left
. Bah.
Actually, they talked about this very thing a couple weeks ago in a Q and A. They do not plan on putting the recolors into the game at all. Many complained about there being too many recolors and too few of variety.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Valnaaros wrote:Actually, they talked about this very thing a couple weeks ago in a Q and A. They do not plan on putting the recolors into the game at all. Many complained about there being too many recolors and too few of variety.
What hurts my heart about their reasoning is not only does it take a hatchet to something that could be accomplished with a scalpel, it completely misses the heart of the feedback.

The problem was recolors as a replacement for variety, not the recolors themselves. Recolors have never been a problem until WoD were it became a big deal. Just look at the recolors in MoP and Cata. So instead of addressing the concerns, they swung to the other far extreme and will get complaints about that. Why they concluded that recolors in and of themselves were bad despite being just fine in many previous expansions is beyond me.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:
Lupen202 wrote:More worry. I assumed it was the 19th, so no surprise. Nothing changes. But there's so much I'm doing in prep. Mostly gold making things... But also CMs. I'm not heartbroken if I don't get them though because I hate the yeti, I just wanted it for my collection, but it'd still be nice to get. Unlikely now though.

. Bah.
Actually, they talked about this very thing a couple weeks ago in a Q and A. They do not plan on putting the recolors into the game at all. Many complained about there being too many recolors and too few of variety.
I 100% agree with Quiv; Blizzard just goes from one extreme to the other.

We already talked about this a bit in another thread and on Twitter and I think the majority of players can agree that Recolors are NOT the problem. Having a variety of options to pick from is a GOOD thing. The problem with the recolors in WoD was that every single reputation awarded the same dang thing just in a slightly different color. One rep awarding five boars would have been way better than five reps awarding one boar each. It just made grinding reps feel very unrewarding.

MoP on the other hand was absolutely perfect. We had tons of variety, both in models and colors, and it made each faction feel rewarding while allowing everyone to choose their favorite. There was a literal rainbow of mounts; from Cranes, tigers, serpents, yaks, water striders, goats, direhorns, Teroclaws, and mushans to phoenixes, pterrorwings, clouds, windsteeds, quilens and kites...

But that's besides the point. Why are we lacking so badly in both models and recolors? Where are the unarmored storm drakes? The unicorns? The felbats? Or the basilisk we saw an icon for? They're already in the database, and in multiple colors. We could even have seen Nightsabers, a brand new bear, an owl or an eagle... So many missed opportunities.

But I don't want to derail this thread. It's just kind of a shitty situation for a mount collector.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |