The future of exotic pets

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Re: The future of exotic pets

Unread post by Ellaran »

They'll figure out a way to make it work. I doubt they'll leave Beast Mastery as a "Be able to tame Exotics" if you can't get it till 70.

What I hope is that they make taming Exotics available as a BM-only ability that you can do as soon as you open the tree, and retool the BM talent to give four more pet skill points and a new effect (increase the effectiveness of the pet buff/debuff abilities, maybe?).

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

oh so i can finally not have to bandage myself in mid batte then now? lol
Not being a hater but wouldnt giveing BM hunters exotics at a low lvl like 20 or so be kind on a advantage for them against us non bm hunters? I mean to me geting them at a high lvl makes sence. Exotics should not be what BM is for ya know? Like its a part of it but not the main part.
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ellaran »

All pets are being equalized, so there's no real advantage. Besides, MM outdoes BM even without a pet.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

They gave rogues AoE. They're giving them a self heal.

Blizz are experts of stupidity.

I LOL'ed, :hug:'s Saturo

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

On topic, don’t stress to much, as they have been saying once you pick a tree you can't change till you hit the bottom, so when they also say…
Other role-defining examples of abilities players can now get for free at level 10 include Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, Shield Slam, Mutilate, Shadow Step, Thunderstorm, Earth Shield, Water Elemental, and Penance.

That could quiet possibly be "....Thunderstorm, Earth Shield, Water Elemental, Penance.... and Tame Exotic" as well. They seem to have been making a point of touching on allot of pet related things in this exp as well, more stable slots, equalizing damage between all pets, all unique family buffs, etc... so they will be aware how important our tame exotic ability is to us BM hunters from an earlier lvl than 70...
...I hope ;)

­
­
­
Phantomwolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korialstrasz

Unread post by Phantomwolf »

I'm just going to ask a quick question to all you other hunters. Would you get rid of Nuramoc

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/mobs/mob_nuramoc.html

for a cool worm

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/skins/s ... larva.html

or some other cool pet, or even just keep him because I'm trying to find a cool pet besides the spirit beasts that dosn't clutter up my view.
"Thanks to Veph for the awesome siggy! I love you!"
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

Whatever. When it comes out, there will be plenty/enough Beast Master Hunters in Cataclysm. :P
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Q u o t e:
4. Can we get a sneak peek at which other abilities are becoming base line? Moonkin Form, Tree of Life, Hammer of Righteousness, Bestial Wrath?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're not ready to announce them all yet, but I will give you a hint that you're 0 for 4 with the ones you mentioned. :)

Well it's safe to say that BW is not going to be our lvl 10 ability... Tame extoic is looking better by the minute ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q u o t e:
Typhoon, Swiftmend, Avenger's Shield, and...er...Tame Exotic Pet? =|
Um... at least one is right. :)

Come on!!!! Typhoon, Swiftmend, Avenger's Shield sound like crappy lvl 10 talents :lol:

Q u o t e:
Naturally, the 31-point Shadow Dance is totally inaccessible to Rogues speccing other trees. But what about Shadowstep? Is that a tree-specific, unpointed talent that is totally inaccessible to all other specs?
Inaccessible. Shadowstep is essentially no longer a talent. There is nowhere to buy it. You don't get any passive bonuses for picking your second tree. Essentially you choose at level 10 whether to be an Assassination, Combat or Subtlety rogue, and while you can change your mind later, that determines what special ability and what passives you get.

That and this really make me think it will be tame extoic too.

And as for our pets tallent trees
Q u o t e:
Are hunters' pet talents going to change or stay the same?
Stay the same, modulo whatever polish and iteration we'd want to do on the talents anyway.

­
­
­
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

So if BM gets exotics at level 10, then Blizzard at least considers them to be on the same level as the other talents becoming available.

Considering that we don't know what other massive changes they've got in mind, this could very well be equal.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Kalliope wrote:So if BM gets exotics at level 10, then Blizzard at least considers them to be on the same level as the other talents becoming available.

Considering that we don't know what other massive changes they've got in mind, this could very well be equal.
Well remember Exotics are being given a third ability, ontop of their 'Class Spam' and their Racial/Class Debuff.

And maybe Blizzard realized 51 points for something subpar compared to shots was so not worth it- and also suspect MM would get their shots off the bat, and SV is getting theirs as well. Wouldn't be fair to deny BM it's 'Class Shot'.
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ellaran »

Ryai wrote: Well remember Exotics are being given a third ability, ontop of their 'Class Spam' and their Racial/Class Debuff.

And maybe Blizzard realized 51 points for something subpar compared to shots was so not worth it- and also suspect MM would get their shots off the bat, and SV is getting theirs as well. Wouldn't be fair to deny BM it's 'Class Shot'.
Aren't non-Exotics also getting debuff abilities? They used Hyenas, Wind Serpents and another normal per family as examples for the pet de/buffs.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Ellaran wrote:
Ryai wrote: Well remember Exotics are being given a third ability, ontop of their 'Class Spam' and their Racial/Class Debuff.

Aren't non-Exotics also getting debuff abilities? They used Hyenas, Wind Serpents and another normal per family as examples for the pet de/buffs.
You misread.

Exotics are getting a third ability, ontop of the standard spam and debuff all pets are getting. This info was released a while ago somewhere in the cata pet forum I think.
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Zangor wrote:i doubt they will make us get 10 more levels and require an expansion to get the final talent in a tree
But that makes money.

oh damn, chriz is talking logic again

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Actually, the 'shot' for BM is now Kill Command, which you get at level ten. It's fourty focus with a six second cooldown, causes your pet to deal instant damage.

I am actually relieved the pet talent's are remaining. It may not seem like much, but at least it is SOME form of customization for our little guys. It also give's me hope that our pet's will have "Ferocity, tenacity, cunning" talent trees, and be locked into them ala the hunter. Hmm hmm hmm.....

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

That reminds me, will the Kill Command "combopoints" exist for MM and SV too? I could see it getting in the way for us MM hunters...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I haven't heard anything about the combo points yet. There are the frenzy points you get for a talent down in BM ((At the moment, that's probably going to change.)) but I have no idea in so far as combo style points go.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Well, I knew they weren't called combopoints, I meant the frenzy points. If KC is going to be BMs shot, and MM and SV get their shots early, and frenzypoints are only available late in BM, I guess you people will get the bad stuff again.

More glory for MM and SV, while BM get to wait to have their shot, AND get pets that aren't unique in any way.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Er, Saturo? You learn Kill Command at level 10 now....

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I know, but from what I know it works on the frenzypoints, and I thought those were automatically created by our pets.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

OH wow, good point. I didn't even think of that, what with the new talent point spread and all....