Gold farmer watchdogs??

Jakjak
Realm: The Scryers

Re: Gold farmer watchdogs??

Unread post by Jakjak »

Oh my gosh, I've run into characters who don't heal themselves, when common sense is screaming that they should! D'oh! Well, now I know what they are, and can toy accordingly.

/noobmode

What's multi-boxing?

/leavenoobmode
Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

lulz, Saturo, that's just awesome.

Multi-boxing is when you see 2 or more characters of the same class, geared exactly the same, controlled by one person at the same time. (I think it usually looks like they're all on auto-follow, connecting to one of them) I used to see this guy four-box a shaman in AV games.. that was a lot of totems :3
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Multi-boxing is controlling multiple characters at once, so essentially you're levelling up, say, 4 characters all at the same time.

I'm sure there's macro's and stuff involved, but I still can't imagine trying to control that many characters all at once. xD
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Haha, I three box paladins, priests and mages. Basically you tie together their keybindigs, so they dothe same thing at once. And yes, it can be crippling for me to have one of them die, I have to wait for th others to die too, and then tie their follows together again.

Just a hint, take out the lead one as quickly as possible. You don't have a chance against three mages focusing fire, but if you kill the lead one, the other two won't be able to move for a few seconds, and the multiboxer will likely try to get them killed as fast as possible so he can go back on his main.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel

It seems rather expensive too. xD Not only do you have to pay for a separate account for each character, but you also need a computer that can handle playing that many versions of the game at once, and I'm assuming multiple screens too. >.>
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Aye, it's expensive. That's why I work extra at the local newspaper. Stupid piece of shit work...

No, you don't need one screen per client, you can use the manual resize option to split up one screen. My computer has three wide screens and one normal screen hooked up tough.

And don't you dare call me a geek...

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel

Pfft, why would I? I'm a geek, and I'm pretty sure my boyfriend has....5? 6 screens? at his desk right now. :lol:
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Man...I've known about multiboxing for a while but I still can't comprehend controlling 3 toons at the same time...even if they are all macro'd together! Some days I feel like I can barely pay attention to what my one toon is doing :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Talody
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Talody »

Some of the best times I had on my lock were fearing a goldfarmer's mobs around. So much fun watching said goldfarmer run around like a chicken with its head cut off, aggroing even more mobs and dying. Good times.

Methinks I need to hop on my lock and find some goldfarmers now.

Dragons!
Jandos of <Petopians>
with
Truffle and Glasgow

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

A great place is near the Gnome place in the Borean Tundra. They are often farming the fire elemental mobs there, and it's a given bet there's more then one there.