Rak'Shiri changed colors

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Re: Rak'Shiri changed colors

Unread post by Tahlian »

Well, in a perfect world for most of us, she'd stay blue, I think. :lol: But, if she must change, the white skin is very striking and would be quite nice for her. It'd let her keep her "special" feel that some of us think she loses by being given the starter pet look. So yeah...I'd be good with the all white skin.

Props for finding that, by the by. :)

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU - Aszune

Unread post by Alastiel »

I'm very attached to my blue Rak'shiri as well. He's been with me a long time, but with Shy being available constantly now and not even needing a quest to be summoned, I'll admit to on some level wishing that my Jerah should be made a tad more unique. However, I would of course be very happy if he was turned back into the blue cat he used to be. It's a gorgeous skin, after all. It was love at first sight for me. When I saw the skin for the first time on Petopia, I remember thinking that it was absolutely the perfect pet for my NE Hunter. :)
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tahlian »

Since they put in the cat changes in 4.0.3a, it doesn't look like it matters anymore anyway.

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU - Aszune

Unread post by Alastiel »

Well, it might still be changed in a patch in the future. I'm not losing hope just yet. :)
I'm keeping my Rak'shiri for now. Would break my heart to have to give him up, but I expect that I would do that in the end if he stays as the starter pet skin.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wouldn't expect to see any changes at this point until AFTER Cataclysm. There's a patch coming up for post-release already that we know of. That's the one we're aiming for.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tahlian »

Alastiel wrote:Well, it might still be changed in a patch in the future. I'm not losing hope just yet. :)
I'm keeping my Rak'shiri for now. Would break my heart to have to give him up, but I expect that I would do that in the end if he stays as the starter pet skin.

I'll probably end up doing the same thing...stick poor Daishar in the back of my stables, try not to look at her, and hope some kind of miracle happens. If not, I'll likely also be parting ways with the white-striped stranger Blizzard is sticking in my stables.

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

I'm going to be very disappointed when Rak'shiri changes to the starter Night Elf pet. Guess hew ill have to sit in my stables as well for a bit, or I have to bite the bullet and play with a white tiger e-e
/unhappy hunter

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I think Rak actually looks so beautiful in the PTR (even more so then I thought). Actually I was really surprised with how nice she looks now. Actually Ive tamed all the cats that are changing and have to say shes by far my fave and probably will be one to keep ^.^ Atleast give the skin a chance or just tame Shy.

Yes its the NE starter pet so what? Seriously.. I dont understand the whole why is it a NE starter pet, omg its no longer unqiue even though I am a tauren or BE.. or the whole omg now Rak shiri wont be unique because her skin is given to lvl 1 NE hunters, even though its a skin you could have easily gotten before.

Reality is.. how many new hunters are going to play Night elves, when they have worgens, goblins, and undead. Very few. And even if some do, not everyone keeps there starting pet.

Just saying if you like your Rak dont do anything rash, atleast give the kitty a chance instead of banishing the poor guy for changing color in this world of chaos.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sasrei wrote:I think Rak actually looks so beautiful in the PTR (even more so then I thought). Actually I was really surprised with how nice she looks now. Actually Ive tamed all the cats that are changing and have to say shes by far my fave and probably will be one to keep ^.^ Atleast give the skin a chance or just tame Shy.

Yes its the NE starter pet so what? Seriously.. I dont understand the whole why is it a NE starter pet, omg its no longer unqiue even though I am a tauren or BE.. or the whole omg now Rak shiri wont be unique because her skin is given to lvl 1 NE hunters, even though its a skin you could have easily gotten before.

Reality is.. how many new hunters are going to play Night elves, when they have worgens, goblins, and undead. Very few. And even if some do, not everyone keeps there starting pet.

Just saying if you like your Rak dont do anything rash, atleast give the kitty a chance instead of banishing the poor guy for changing color in this world of chaos.
Also theres to point out...Rak's never been unique since Shy had his skin too so the whole 'unique' argument is redundant, I think. Rak still isnt that unique now but he's more unique than before because, like Sasrei said, not many are gonna remake or play a NE Hunter. So to see like a troll or blood elf, or draenei with it will turn heads.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine