New warlock demons!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: New warlock demons!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kahane wrote:http://www.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandari ... culator#ox

People don't have to take Grimoire of Supremacy. There are the two other Grimoire talents in that bracket, and if the damage output of the new demons proves too powerful, it'll probably be nerfed to bring it in line with those other talents.
I'm just saying with MMO Champ did....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kahane

Unread post by Kahane »

Jessibelle wrote:I'm just saying with MMO Champ did....
I'm just making sure that the rest of the information is laid out; full context is needed, because 'the shiny new demons deal more damage' still doesn't tell you everything, even if it is more useful than 'the shiny new demons are shiny and new'.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kahane wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:I'm just saying with MMO Champ did....
I'm just making sure that the rest of the information is laid out; full context is needed, because 'the shiny new demons deal more damage' still doesn't tell you everything, even if it is more useful than 'the shiny new demons are shiny and new'.
MMO Champ didn't say much more on it other than that. So I wonder what the other grims will do to make up for it...

LisaaraPokefarm

Kahane

Unread post by Kahane »

Grimoire of Supremacy: You command stronger demons, replacing your normal minions. These demons deal 10% additional damage and have more powerful abilities.

Grimoire of Service: Instantly summon a second demon, who fights for 30 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.

Grimoire of Sacrifice: you sacrifice your demon to gain 15% increased damage and health. Lasts for 15 minutes. This effect is doubled for the first 15 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It wouldn't surprise me if some of these are tweaked during the beta, to keep them in line with each other. Supremacy sounds cooler, and obviously has the more immediate visual impact, but sacrifice has been part of the warlock's kit in some form or another ever since vaniilla, and the ability to have two demons active at one is something that should appeal to anyone who loves the 'normal' selection of demons.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Yes, looking at the other two grimoires, it actually looks like the stronger new demons are the lowest dps increase.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

GormanGhaste wrote:Yes, looking at the other two grimoires, it actually looks like the stronger new demons are the lowest dps increase.
Doesn't look that way to me. a 10% increase all the time and the other two are just 30 sec burst damage. I think I'll take the one that helps me through the whole fight...just not a 100 dps increase for a few seconds where timing is everything.

LisaaraPokefarm

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

My guess is that it might be situational, depending on boss fights and personal taste.

The Grimoire of Service actually gives you a second summon demon spell, which is the grimoire itself, but acts exactly as the summon spell. You can chose which demon you'll summon, so you can have a duo of succubus if you want to, or a felhunter and voidwalker team. However the second demon doesn't have a pet bar, and seems to just be a dps cooldown, I honestly havent checked if they use their skills or just auto attack, I'll get back to it once I check it out more in depth. Either way, I'm sure they can try to make Supremacy and Service about equal in dps and damage so we can chose which one we prefer the most.

As for Grimoire of Sacrifice, I'm suspecting we will have to use that talent on boss fights that are very pet unfriendly.

EDIT:
Jessibelle wrote:Doesn't look that way to me. a 10% increase all the time and the other two are just 30 sec burst damage. I think I'll take the one that helps me through the whole fight...just not a 100 dps increase for a few seconds where timing is everything.
Sorry I didn't really notice what you said there. Only the Service talent is a 30 sec burst damage. Sacrifice last 15 minutes or until you summon a demon again.
ImageImage
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Ok just tested the Grimoire of Service a lil bit, and all the second demons I summoned used the same skills as the normal demons we can summon (the ones that are on automatic at least, the ones we have to trigger manually were not used by them). So you could have two voidwalkers tanking mobs together, for 30 secs at least.
ImageImage
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Or, you can pop a bunch of timers and then use the second demon skill. ;) afaik some of their stats scale with yours...so if you buff yours up for a dps phase that could pull more. c: (Imagine two doomguards if you can have two of those!)
ImageImage
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I was hoping that new demons would give me a reason to try playing my warlock again...But since the felhound is the only one of my demons I like, and its gets replaced with the blob with the butthole...I think my locks going to remain a dust covered tailor slave.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

It only gets replaced if you choose that talent.
ImageImage
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

yes, but I was hoping the new demons would give me a reason to play my lock again...but the only demon my lock has that I like is the felhound, the other demons (the new ones) look cool...but the felhound is still my favourite...and its gets replaced by the ugliest demon in the game...So in order to play my lock with the option of using my favourite demon, is to not get the shiny new demons at all.

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

ImageImage
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Now if the felhound was replaced with THIS, It would be awsome.

~~~
~~~
~~~

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

So do the new demons keep the same names as your old ones, kind of like when Pokemon evolve, or are they entirely new minions?

I want to use this talent, but only if my voidwalker, Throkmon, gets to keep his old name when he's upgraded.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Fuck yeah, fel corehound eyeball thing would be great. I hate the floating blobs.
ImageImage
Measa
Realm: Eldre'thalas

Unread post by Measa »

Makoes wrote:Now if the felhound was replaced with THIS, It would be awsome.

@Makoes
It would be better if he was added to the core hound family.

My warlock was the third toon to get to max level during Cata. I ended up pushed off it to the side and used it only as a farming toon for when I need potions and transmutes. Now I'm holding out untill late in the beta to see them finalize the talents before I decided this or that talent just because it makes my imp look green and nasty.
Then again I've wondered why they didn't make a glyph all ready that changes the look of your Voidwalker to a Voidlord or Voidcaller
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

No, I'll never agree with that thing being tameable. It doesnt look like a hunter pet. It looks like a demon and feels best suited for a warlock.

LisaaraPokefarm

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Considering that so far, after the overhaul that pets went through and the mass amount of new (skins) tamable beasts we got, including Chromaggus, and the void terrors did NOT make it as tamable hunter pets, and STILL remain classified as demons...and considering how ALL the other warlock demons "New" forms (blob aside) LOOK like upgraded versions of their current counterparts, the Void terror makes the fitting upgrade for the felhound over the pulsing butt blob that is current (beta).

I do know that when I do get my beta invite, this will be something I will be bringing to the attention of blizzard.

~~~
~~~
~~~

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Makoes wrote:Considering that so far, after the overhaul that pets went through and the mass amount of new (skins) tamable beasts we got, including Chromaggus, and the void terrors did NOT make it as tamable hunter pets, and STILL remain classified as demons...and considering how ALL the other warlock demons "New" forms (blob aside) LOOK like upgraded versions of their current counterparts, the Void terror makes the fitting upgrade for the felhound over the pulsing butt blob that is current (beta).

I do know that when I do get my beta invite, this will be something I will be bringing to the attention of blizzard.
I'll probably bring it up too. This seems a better choice of upgrade for the felpuppy.

LisaaraPokefarm