Page 3 of 3
Re: Pandaria is THAT big?
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:03 pm
by Ziarre
This is true!
Re: Pandaria is THAT big?
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:24 pm
by cowmuflage
Kalliope wrote:At least Azeroth isn't all one climate.

You leave Hoth alone! Whats it ever done to you!
Re: Pandaria is THAT big?
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:33 pm
by Kalliope
cowmuflage wrote:Kalliope wrote:At least Azeroth isn't all one climate.

You leave Hoth alone! Whats it ever done to you!
Froze my buns off!
(I'm just being silly anyway; I have a massive thing for Tatooine.)
Re: Pandaria is THAT big?
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:20 am
by Kayb
While the utterly bizzare climate set outs of Azeroth defy Earth logic, there would still be some things common to all rocky worlds. Like equators and tropical lines etc etc. Obviously these sort of things don't operate on Azeroth the same way they do on Earth. But don't forget, the continental layouts differ greatly to Earth, which affects ocean and air currents and in turn, climate. At least to a certain extent. The angle the planet sits on would also have an effect as well, as would which way the world spins and its speed. Although I believe as far as rotation and speed go, they have been said or imply it matchs that of Earth's.
but ultimately, whatever!
it's a make up believe world with its own weirdo rules

Re: Pandaria is THAT big?
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:29 am
by Slickrock
I'll tell ya all what... once I get in my next Ulduar tmog run, I'll do screenshots of that globe, and that should help answer the question. (Or if someone wants to go do HoL, screenshots of the globe there should help answer the question.
However, given the physics of Outland, I would say that WoW worlds behave more like flat earth science that normal globe science.