I didn't need my heart today anyway (SPOILERS)

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: I didn't need my heart today anyway (SPOILERS)

Unread post by Valnaaros »

According to the Stormheim opening questline for Alliance, Anduin does have an idea of what Genn is doing and approves of it. He sent Genn and the Skyfire there to watch the Forsaken fleet and act against them if necessary.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I heard a rumor about Sylvannis trying to take over the Horde, it wouldn't surprise me if Vol'jinn was faking his death to lure out her plot in some way though I honestly don't know what will happen. Varian was my fav char so if Sylvannis had anything to do with his death since they are together in the cinematic I'd almost hope for Jiana to take over to get some vengeance or maybe for Anduin to stop looking at the horde as potential allies. It would be great if both sides could work together or merge, but the game mechanics and past lore doesn't seem to point in that direction. I'm excited to see what happens and almost don't want too at the same time because I'm losing my fav char. Sigh...let's just elect Wrathion as leader to both factions :lol:
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I dislike Varian, probably because of the low quality of the comic, and I can't say that his death make me sad, even if the character was better written to my tastes ingame later. But, here's an opportunity for the Alliance.

Tyrande president !

(Would have liked to keep Vol'jin as Warchief, though..)
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I do feel bad about Varian, I always liked him for some reason.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic about Tyrande for leader of the Alliance but I'd agree if you're serious. she's bad ass and doesn't get enough attention.

I'm kind of meh :/ about Genn though. While I support him, I'm afraid this is just another excuse for Blizzard to make him (and probably on an unrelated sort of note, Jaina) villains in the future.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I'm not sarcastic, I really love Tyrande and the night elves in general. I would be happy to see them more, and if the story make justice to Tyrande.
I recognize that my dislike for Varian is mostly born because of the comics (I'm still not over the fact that the writer couldn't tell "HEY LOOK it's the hero, he's super intelligent" any other way than by having the amnesic human teaching the simplest tactic to thousand years old Sentinels. You know. Warriors for thousand years. Didn't know pincer tactic. (Not sure how to translate that in english. Attack on both flanks) Yeaaaaah...), I have heard that he was better in game, but I play Horde and never see him near.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Honestly, Tyrande is too hot headed and aggressive to be the new leader of the Alliance. She also tends to hold grudges. So I'd honestly like to see her get knocked down a few pegs and humbled before she takes any sort of role.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

What Junrei said. In the "A Littlr Patience" scenario, Tyrande was more than willing to just charge in and attack the Horde, despite the enemy having greater numbers and the immense fatalities that the Alliance would take. From quest text in Legion, Tyrande continues to act hot headed and brash.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Valnaaros wrote:What Junrei said. In the "A Littlr Patience" scenario, Tyrande was more than willing to just charge in and attack the Horde, despite the enemy having greater numbers and the immense fatalities that the Alliance would take. From quest text in Legion, Tyrande continues to act hot headed and brash.
Also if you played the night elf campaign in the Warcraft series, she's very brash and hotheaded, generally impatient. Malfurion kinda holds her reins cause she'll listen to him.....usually.

LisaaraPokefarm

Araucaria
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Araucaria »

It may not have anything to do with the story, but while browsing some legendaries I found this http://legion.wowhead.com/item=137064/t ... bonus=1811
Vol'jin has already "died" once. I'm not sure he'd be appearing alive a second time...Hopefully Im wrong though ;)
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

If Vol'Jin was faking his death again, it would be ridiculous.
From what I've seen on YouTube (a cinematic was missing so I'm not 100 % sure) Vol'Jin himself made Sylvanas the new Warchief.
He was sitting on the warchiefs chair, badly wounded, waiting for Sylvanas to arrive, explicitly asking for her.
So I don't think he is unveiling a plot.

With Thrall, Cairne and Vol'Jin gone, maybe Blizz is trying to install a new generation of leaders for a new generation of players?
Alliance lost Magni, now Varian and, kind of, Jaina (who wasn't a leader of a race).
So, who's still left?
Sylvanas, Lor'themar and Gallywix on Horde, Tyrande, Velen, Genn and Mekkadrill in Alliance.
Gallywix and Mekkadrill haven't played any important role until now, as far as I know.

After Garrosh, Thrall never had a successor, so the orcs are without a leader. Same goes for trolls when Vol'Jin is gone. Cairne was replaced by his son Baine.
Varian will be replaced by his son Anduin and Magni was replaced by the council of three hammers. No race left without leadership.

Will those still left also suffer a terrible fate (okay, Thralls fate isn't that bad) to make way for others, leading Azeroth into a new era?

Oh, by the way, I'd totally come back to WoW if trolls decided to leave the Horde and build a third faction, fighting everyone everywhere! :mrgreen:
Maybe even reunite all the tribes?
Troll role play is awesome but that would be cooler than dry ice... :headbang:
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I think you mean Mekkatorque. x3

LisaaraPokefarm

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Ok so I am confused. Is Thrall dead or is he just retired? I know he is high up in the Earthen Ring but he wasn't taking head rolls anymore. Far as I understood he wasn't being killed off in Legion.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

He isn't dead, but he is unable to wield the Elements.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Junrei wrote:I think you mean Mekkatorque. x3
Oops, I used the german name for the little guy... :oops:

They one day decided they would need to translate names.
Stormwind is "Sturmwind" in german, Crossroads is called "Das Wegekreuz", Jaine Proudmoore is called "Jaina Prachtmeer", which means Jaine Glorysea if translated back.
Silly enough, the "drill"-part of Mekkadrill is still an english word, not a german word! :mrgreen:
zedxrgal wrote:Ok so I am confused. Is Thrall dead or is he just retired? I know he is high up in the Earthen Ring but he wasn't taking head rolls anymore. Far as I understood he wasn't being killed off in Legion.
No, Thrall should be okay but we better start calling him Go'el as he is off with his wife Aggra and should have a little toddler by now.
The only way I see him coming back would be if he lost his wife and kid and took over the warchiefs job again full of wrath and a thirst for bloody revenge.

Now that I think about it, that would be kind of cool...
Thrall returning full of rage and putting WAR back in Warcraft! :headbang:
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Bhando wrote:Now that I think about it, that would be kind of cool...
Thrall returning full of rage and putting WAR back in Warcraft! :headbang:
Aye!!! :headbang:
BEHOLD THE WRATH OF THE DOOMHAMMER!!!!

Yeah that would be epic. Never happen but a girl can dream.

Frankly. While I love Sylvanas like nobody's business I am really uncomfortable at the thought of her being Warchief. :? If were temporary say till Vol'Jin made a miraculous recovery and came back to life with help but by the spoilers I've been reading it really doesn't sound like it. :(

Blizzard is making this too Game of Thrones-ish in a way. Killing off beloved characters.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Blizz did announce at Blizzcon that there would be a lot of corpses before Legion is through.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

If I remember correctly, the elements aren't helping Thrall anymore since he used them for revenge when he killed Garrosh.

As for Vol'jin, I highly doubt that he is dead. I'm pretty sure he has something planned that next to no one knows about. As long as his friend Bwonsamdi doesn't want him dead, he will remain alive.
ImageImage
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Also, given I've seen art for an ambulatory crystal dwarf, I'm pretty sure someone at least unsticks Magni... he's still diamond but apparently he's at least unfrozen. I don't know if he'll go back to trying to rule the dwarves or if he'll let the council stand and go off to do something esoteric.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I think Magni has ascended a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got some of that Titan Retcon juice in him now. I think he might have left for Ulduar after visiting with his daughter.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Magni wakes up on his own volition. For the last few years, he has been wandering Azeroth as a spirit. But with the Legion's return, he has decided to awaken and continue the work of the Earthen.